PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary - What's wrong with Chippie?

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Dear Diary,

Today was a beautiful summer day. HH and I were out in the yard with Blondie. Blondie sits on the chaise and we sit under it....enjoying the shade (snicker!)

Along came Chippie. Excited to see him, I dashed out from under the chaise and embraced him! He didn't seem as happy to see me. :( In fact, he was downright unfriendly....

I think Blondie is opposed to interspecie friendships. She snatched me and HH up and put us back in the house as Chippie scampered off into the bushes. Sometimes she is sooooo narrow minded.

Fraternally,

Eddie

rg_girlca
06-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Really Eddie and all you wanted to do was show how much you liked little Chippie coming to visit you.
But, maybe you should find someone who is more friendlier. I don't think Chippie wants to be a playmate to you.
(Or a meal for that matter. )

Barbara
06-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Excited? Just to see him? Embraced him?

Hmmmm if I didn't know you just loved smoked turkey more than anything then I would suspect:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

says to herself: bad girl, don't always expect the worst:cool:

catnapper
06-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Dear Eddie,
I am responding to your letter because I too have a mewomie that doesn't understand the vital importance of inter-species friendships. I went to visit the chipmunk that lives under our porch and when he came out to greet me, Meowmie jumped up and returned me to the house too!
They don't understand the gentle balance we cats must play in the world's inter-special politics! Better luck next time Eddie.
Regards,
Pouncer

LOL! Poor Eddie. I bet Miss Edwina didn't appreciate being suddenly sent back to the house after Eddie decided to wrestle with Chippie!

kimlovescats
06-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Poor Eddie ... mommy spoiled all the fun!:rolleyes:

Randi
06-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Eddie, sometimes mom's knows best! Instead of trying to embrace the chipmunk, you should embrace Edwina - I think she's nearly ready for you. ;)

However, you have Fister's sympathy!

jazzcat
06-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Poor Eddie, it's hard to be such an open minded kind of guy like you.

NoahsMommy
06-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Poor you! I know you just wanted to play with your new friend, Chippie. So tell me, when you embraced him, did he smell good? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry Eddie, I know you only wanted to play, but some of those other species just don't understand that, so to protect you from that mean unfriendly chippie, your meowmy thought it best for you to be inside where you're safe. Sorry your fun was spoiled. ;) :D

catmandu
06-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Poor Chippie,little animals like him,have to be cautious,as there are some Cats,who would make a meal,out of him,nothing personal!

ramanth
06-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Poor Eddie, Poor Chippie! Can't we all just get along? ;) :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Remus has a letter for Eddie:

Dear Eddie,

I don't know how you can play with Chippie!! I'm afraid of critters like that. I tried to play with the rats yesterday and they were downright meanies! Squaking and all, you'd think I got INTO the cage! I just wanted to sniff the outside, meowme I swear! Be careful! Those small furry critters, while they look defenseles can pack quite a wallop!

That and they like to tattle :p

Remus

Eddie...perhaps you should invite chippie to a game of chess? lol.

catcrazylady
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Well, Eddie my guess is that Chippie really didn't like to be...umm..embraced! Maybe mom just thought you were being overly friendly and thought you needed to stop. I mean, you really shouldn't get that close to strangers, you know. You probably scared poor Chippie with your overwhelming welcome!!! Poor Eddie!