PDA

View Full Version : Little bumps?

MariaM
06-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Major has these little bumps on his head...I was wondering, could they be mosquito bites? The mosquitos are really bad here and I have many, many itchy bites myself. Do they show up on dogs? It certainly looks about the size of a bite, but...I don't know. It's weird, I feel them with my finger and you can see them. I only noticed it in the last couple days but thought it was some water splash or something because he had just drank.:confused:

Glacier
06-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Absolutely could be mosquitos. They are really bad up here too and lots of my dogs have them too.

Check at your local feed store. I use a horse mosquito repellant that is safe for dogs too.

edit--Do you have ticks in your part of Saskatchewan? My family lives in the far south east corner of the province and they have to check their dogs several times a day for ticks during the summer months.

teenster3
06-27-2004, 12:06 AM
What do the bumps look like? Are they red & forming scabs? I was just curious because Wicket (my Lhasa) has many "bites" on his lower back & I was wondering what they were from as well.
At first I thought it was a tick but, then I noticed more bumps. I'd say he has about 6 total & he's always biting at them & licking them. I haven't had a chance to take him to the Vet. yet but, I'm still thinking about taking him in to see exactly what it is!!!

MariaM
06-27-2004, 12:09 AM
The bumps? Well...they don't really look like anything. It just lookes like his fur, on his face...but sticking out, like 3-D lol. You know, just...there. Just a bump. No red, no scab (that I can see), just fur.

Also, Glacier, can you give me any names of stores that you know have? We don't really have that many here, Peavey Mart, Wal-Mart, I think one called Hackmans...

Edit: Yes we do have ticks here. Major has been lucky and only gotten about 5 at the most, maybe 3 attached.

countrycowgirl
06-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I agree with Glacer..... IK spray me dogs when ever they go outside ... and as for where you can find it ussaully anywhere horse supplies is sold..... the kind I use on both my horses and my pups is called Bronco It is in a white bottle with gold writing:)