PDA

View Full Version : "The New & Improved Magooster"

catcrazylady
06-26-2004, 08:37 AM
WOW! I never thought I would be posting these pictures!!
Magoo spent his first night out last night and things went well (as far as I can tell) I didn't hear any fights, there is no fur on the floor, and everyone seems to be just fine!
Look at the pics from this morning!!!

Magoo is laying in the chair with me just like a regular ol' cat!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pe3bc872fcb9757bbee8b580a07506921/f81cf2be.jpg

Here he is with Pepper Jack stealing Sammy's left over dinner. Can you believe they are sharing in their thievry!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pbdd13ac125f88b7b4535eab43b5b88e9/f81cf2e1.jpg

This was my big shock of the morning. He learned how to get in the window all by himself!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pb0aca139d150fd2f03ee340092cb3b6c/f81cf2f2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pbb3caf9675121d1e6ea85e8b9a12a98d/f81cf2da.jpg

And the last and final stunner of the morning is him sharing the window with Lucky! Lucky does not like him and there was a little growling but nothing serious at all!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p7107d6c0a5bed98f690c49746c31832b/f81cf2cd.jpg

Notice all the paint scratched off the wall where my cats feel the need to climb the two feet instead of jumping!!! Bad kitties!

Anyway! I can't believe the progress and I can't believe we have made it this far! I even planted a great big kiss on the back of Magoo's head and I still have my lips to tell the story!!!

I just couldn't be happier you all!!!

K & L
06-26-2004, 08:44 AM
It is so wonderful to here the progress Mr. Magoo has made! It makes me feel good, so I can imagine how you feel! Keep up the wonderful work!

kimlovescats
06-26-2004, 08:45 AM
It is nothing short of a MIRACLE!!! :D
I'm HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY for all of you!!!:D

ChrisH
06-26-2004, 08:55 AM
That is so wonderful, I am so happy for him and you! :D It just shows what love and patience can do.

Now Mr Magoo has allowed you to give him a little kiss, next time please give him a kiss from me too. :)

Bless you and your hubby for making this day possible.

Chris

Laura's Babies
06-26-2004, 08:56 AM
OH MY GOD CCL!!! He is in the WINDOW!! LOOKING OUT!!! Bless his little heart!! Don't he realize he has no eyes and he can not see out there??? MY GOD!! My heart is doing flip flops! It is like he can see and is looking out that window!! What a completely amazing cat! He is so "normal" that he blows my mind!! I think he is like Amy.... He don't realize he is handicaped either!! Geez! I am freaking out!!

What a long way he has come from that abondoned nearly blind street kitty. This is a prime example of why there are people like you who do what they do. This is the case that makes it ALL worthwhile... Only, I think this case is a case for all times. He needs his own websight and his story told all over the world. It just goes to show what LOVE can do!!

I showed my daughter and grandson his video yesterday of him swatting that bottle cap all over and they were completely amazed. I love that video and keep going back to look at it. He is such a trooper and one amazing cat!! I want to know HOW he can figure how high to jump!! AMAZING!!

catcrazylady
06-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Kim you hit the nail on the head. It does feel like a miracle to me!! It has been a struggle and it sure seems longer than it has been. He is an amazing little guy. He's smart too because he caught on quickly to what causes his punishment. I think he's gonna make it and I think I'm gonna cry!!!!!:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
06-26-2004, 08:58 AM
I think that Cats,realize that Scrappy Magoo,is handicapped,and at a disadvantage,and it is fantastic,to see him out of the cage ,and friends with your clowder!

catcrazylady
06-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Laura you posted at the same time I did! I knew you would be excited too! Isn't it amazing?!
When he jumps on something he stands in front of it and stretches up to feel it first. Then he knows how high it is and if it's safe or not. Then he just does it! I can't imagine the jumping down. I mean climb into a chair, close your eyes and jump off. You know the floor is there but how disorienting.
He is doing so well with the others and that was my biggest concern. I know we still have more adjustments but at this rate we should be on easy street in no time!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

carla and mike
06-26-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm so glad Magoo is doing great.
He's a lovely cat.
ALL your cats are so beautiful.Carla

sirrahbed
06-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Well now, THIS one has me bawling like a baby but I *AM* happy:D Do you suppose he still has optic nerves that sense the sunlight back there??? Or is it just the fresh air on his face??? This is just so....amazing and miraculous is all I can say:eek: He really is a *Scrappy* Magoo! You and hubby have done amazing things with him CCL:D

Pam
06-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I think he's gonna make it and I think I'm gonna cry!!!!!:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

You go right ahead and cry! They will be happy tears and you certainly deserve them! You and Mr. Magoo were certainly a match made in heaven. I doubt that anyone else could have brought him this far. Bless you for what you have done! ;)

QueenScoopalot
06-26-2004, 09:38 AM
This warms my heart seeing Magoo warm his face in the window of all places! Awww Magoo...you've done it again (and again & again) stolen hearts all over the world by just being you! :) Give him a kiss for me too! Jan

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2004, 09:49 AM
I think we should call you Ann Sullivan....the Miracle Worker who taught Helen Keller to communicate. Helen was very angry when locked out of the world but changed. Magoo is your little Helen!

Laura's Babies
06-26-2004, 09:55 AM
CCL, You are right.. I am just overjoyed!! Completely, totally overjoyed and amazed at the guy!! And I really think he is one SMART dude to have come this far so fast!!

Look how fast his world has GROWN!! From a cage to a room, from one room to another and on and on.. His world is growing by leaps and bounds and he handles it like a PRO!!! I think now, there is no obstical he can't overcome! Man, you gotta give him hugs and kisses for me and tell him I hope one day, I get to deliver them in person!!

catlady1945
06-26-2004, 09:58 AM
He is truly a clever fellow. He really seems to be settling in and seems grateful for the chance to have a home.

Craftlady
06-26-2004, 10:11 AM
:D WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magoo makes us all proud :)

slick
06-26-2004, 10:29 AM
OMG that's such good news I'm gonna cry along with you!! This is truly proof that love and patience can conquer anything. Bless you CCL! I have saved the Magoo videos to my computer and like the T&P videos, I keep going back to view them. I just love the one where he drinking water and watching his little tongue.

So now the only question is, when do we get more vidoes??:) :)

Grace
06-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Oh WOW and WOW and WOW again!!

Fantastic, wonderful, stupendous - such a joy to see this special kitty doing so well. You've done good, girl.

thelmalu99
06-26-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm also sitting here with tears streaming down my face, and I wasn't even here to follow his story from the beginning!

It just shows what love and patience can do.

Absolutely! :D

I also believe that animals are far more intelligent than humans in general give them credit for. I'm positive that Magoo is beginning to let his guard down because he knows that he's now in a place where nobody is going to hurt him, and where he's going to be treated well and loved. He likes this new place and wants to stay!

Congratulations to you! You're obviously doing an incredible job with Magoo; the way he is responding is testament to that! This is truly a beautiful story!

trayi52
06-26-2004, 10:56 AM
It is so wonderful to see Magoo progressing the way he is! Just brings tears to my eyes!

Looks like Magoo is there to stay for sure, for sure! That just make me so happy to see these pictures!

Thanks for posting such heartwarming pictures!

Willie:)

jazzcat
06-26-2004, 11:03 AM
This is WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm so excited! I even had my husband come look because he's heard all about Mr. Scrappy Magoo!!!!

I love the picture of him in the window - what a wonderful sight.

I can't believe the progress you have all made with this little wild boy. It makes me smile!:)

Randi
06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
This is absolutely fantastic!! I'm overjoyed! :) :) Magoo being out all night and even jump up in the windowsill - WOW!! What a progress!

I just can't praise you enough for your patience and love! Magoo has rerally let his guards down now!! :D

Give him another kiss from me whenever he lets you!

RedHedd
06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
WOW! :eek: Maggo just proves to us why cats were worshipped as gods in ancient times. He truly is one brilliant cat to figure out how to get around and in the window! in spite of his handicap. Cats are truly amazing little creatures of God. I'm always amazed at how brilliant they are and how they handle the obstacles that life throws at them. WOW! WOW! WOW! He has truly found his guardian angel meowmie. Bless you for being so patient with him - I know it hasn't been easy.

Freckles
06-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Did you notice he was able to TURN AROUND on the window sill to face Lucky?:)

PayItForward
06-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I think we should call you Ann Sullivan....the Miracle Worker who taught Helen Keller to communicate. Helen was very angry when locked out of the world but changed. Magoo is your little Helen!
Great Idea.

I am so pleased that Scrappt Magoo is learning to settle in with his siblings. And how / Why he made it to the window is amazing !!!!

nibblets
06-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Yay Magoo! What a good boy you are!

I wonder if he likes it in the window because he can hear the sounds outside of leaves rustling, cars, etc. So it may seem as though he is looking out the window, when he may be listening toward the sounds.

It is just wonderful the he is making such progress!

catcrazylady
06-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks to all of you!!! I am so glad I have some place to come and share his story and have people genuinely interested in his incredible progress!! It's wonderful that I have all of you that get as excited about his progress as I do!! Of course many of you know the trials and tribulations of the beginning. It was a very rough beginning!
I went to him a few minutes ago and planted about twenty kisses right on top of his cute little noggin and told him that they were from all of his PT supporters. He just purred and purred!!!!
I guess he loves you guys as much as you love him!!:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

QueenScoopalot
06-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Only twenty kisses? I think Magoo has a larger fan club than that! :eek: :p :D :) Give him an extra twenty just for me. Smart handsome boy Magoo! :) :) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-26-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm on a REALLY slow dial up, so it is taking ages to view the threads!! I'm not replying to anything till I get back to Bahrain (approx) Mid-July), but I just had to say CONGRATS to you and Magoo on all the wonderful progress he has made, and send you all a big (((HUG))).

Missing you all loads!!!

Julie

catcrazylady
06-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Oh Julie, we miss you too!! Thanks for posting on Magoo because you were such a big help in the beginning! Hope you get home soon and that all is well with you.

QSA, I'll give him twenty more as soon as he stops venturing around!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

moosmom
06-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Ya done good kid!!!! It took a while, alot of blood, sweat and tears, but Magoo is where he belongs...at home with you and your other furbabies!

You are to be commended for your perserverence, love and patience. Most people would've given up and taken him back to the shelter. He's now at home with you, where he belongs!!!

(((((((hugs))))))))) to ALL of you!

lizzielou742
06-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh, I am SO GLAD Magoo is doing so well!!
He's had such a hard life, it warms my heart to see him having fun and getting along with your crew. I bet it's a big relief to you to see them getting along.

Great pictures!

Vio&Juni
06-26-2004, 05:21 PM
I am so happy to see this :)

Laura's Babies
06-27-2004, 07:56 AM
CCl, I want to know what all the people at the shelter think of him and what you have accomplished with him. I know they are overjoyed at this one amazing sucess story but I would love to hear some actual comments they have made.. You take pictures of him for them to see and BRAG about his latest accomoplishments?... and of coarse, how THIRLLED we all are?

catnapper
06-27-2004, 08:16 AM
I go away for ONE DAY and I miss THIS????? Oh my gosh! What fantastic wonderful news! Mr. Magoo is amazing!

smokey the elder
06-27-2004, 08:25 AM
That is so awesome. I'm glad Magoo has become fit to mingle with the other cats. A long way from almost giving him up!

rg_girlca
06-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh gosh, I am so choked up reading and seeing pictures of Mr. Magoo. Like others have said CCL, what a fantastic job you and your hubby have done for him. You were ready to give up on him at one point, but decided to give him another chance.
Doesn't it warm your heart now that you did.
Congratulations to you both and now that Mr. Magoo is taking to kisses on the head, you can add a few for me too.:)

lynnestankard
06-27-2004, 11:36 AM
LOL CCL - there I was happily looking at the pics - thinking doesn't Magoo look good - then it hit me - he's looking out of the window and he's blind!! Oh how cute is that!!
You've shown such wonderful patience with this furboy - thank you.

Please next time your planting kisses - give him some from me - and a quick gently hug if you get the chance! xxxx

Lynne

NoahsMommy
06-27-2004, 11:42 AM
That is such wonderful news!!!

Look at all the hard work you've done for that sweet baby...he's thriving in your care. :)

sasvermont
06-28-2004, 09:02 AM
I cannot believe how nicely things have worked out for the Magooster! Remember that he may have set backs from time to time, but I don't think it could get worse than the first few days he was with you.

If you think about cats and eyes, they do use them to express themselves. Since Magoo cannot be "read" by the other cats, eye wise, that leaves them at a slight advantage....he cannot stare at them.....my Miley can give some evil looks..... so your guys are not getting any evil eyes from the Magooster!

I love the photo of him on the window sill. Bless his furry little heart!

Love to you all,
SAS

catlover4ever
06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
See all of your hard work has paid off afterall. You know God does work miracles all the time....and I would have to say that Magoo is one of his miracles and you of course are Magoo's angel.

I can't get over the fact that he was up in your window. I can just imagine what he "sees" when he is looking out the window. I bet the fresh air on his whiskers makes him oh so happy. :) :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I think he's gonna make it and I think I'm gonna cry!!!!!:D :D :D :D

And I think I gonna cry right along with you! :D :D

I am just so unbelievably happy that he has settle in so nicely - so quickly! It seems like just yesterday you were saying you were hoping this would happen in a year or so, and here it is, about a week later, and just look at him!

Is that the same window that they all like to sit in? How did he know that was the window to be in? I suppose he just had to find out why everybody likes that particular window. :D

Oh Magoo, I'm just soooo happy for you! Big smoochies and hugs from me too! :D :D :D

trinity
06-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Put me on the list of those bawling! That is so awesome!! I am dancing around in my desk chair!!

RICHARD
06-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
And I think I gonna cry right along with you! :D :D

What a bunch of wussies......;)

I knew he had it in him all the time.

Patience,
It works with ALL men.....

:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Patience,

I'm proud to be a wuss lol!! I am so happy for you and Magoo, what a good boy!! Sometimes a "handicap" is ones best asset as my mum told me long ago, and I think thats true for Magoo too!

Kitty kisses from me too!!!

ALRIGHT MAGOO!!!

I am soooo glad you gave this handsome boy another chance. People like you are true angels!

catcrazylady
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Patience,

Oh Richard! Only you would have that response!! I guess we girls should use Magoo as an example of what to do with men, huh? Ok, then I'm gonna start medicating hubby with sleepy relaxation pills as soon as I get home!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

NKBurlington
06-30-2004, 05:52 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread!

I'm over joyed that Magoo has progressed so far. Those photos are amazing. Look at him just sitting there looking out the window. How wonderful is that?!

Truly amazing.

Steffi N
06-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I can't believe that I missed this thread. CCL, I am very very happy for you and for Magoo. :)

RedHedd
06-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I was just thinking of Magoo today -- How is his eye socket thingy? feeling better or what did the vet say? Is it just scar tissue?

lisalee
06-30-2004, 09:25 PM
That boy is just adorable! I just love Mr. Magoo and sooooo glad to hear how happy he is. :)

Lisa & Sash

kimlovescats
06-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Just had to come back for another peek of our MAGOO! This certainly brings joy to my heart!!!:D

((((BIG HUGS))))

leslie flenner
06-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I am so happy for all of you! Re: the window, like all cats- I imagine he loves the feel, smell, and sounds of the air- sight is only one less sense! He's a cat and his hearng and smell are acute! And he is "A- Cute"! And so are you! Can you do another video soon? Maybe one with him interacting with other cats- even if that's low growling? (that's so cute!). Re: sight. I had a kitten who, unbeknownst to me went blind (fiv). My other cat (back when there was only one other....) began to hit him/act aggressive toward him. I didn't understand why this was happening and why he was hugging the walls when he walked- till I found out he'd lost his vision. My vet explained to me that the aggression from Attilla was about the lack of eye contact- Cheops was not responding to her eye contact so she was smacking him when he didn't respond as most cats would. (I assume, being top-cat- she gave him looks to back off of the food bowl, for example, he didn't see it and forged forward, so got punished.) Sigh- that was a very sad time for me. Does Magoo "watch" himself around the others so he's not smacked?

Barbara
07-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Happy dance around here too:D :D :D

These pictures are heartwarming:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
HOW DID I MISS THE HAPPIEST THREAD OF ALL TIME!!!!

I am sooooooo happy for you guys! Those pictures really touched my heart! Mr. Magoo could have ended up anywhere... but ended up in a TRULY WONDERFUL FURREVER HOME!!!! What a lucky kitter he is.

I wish i could come over and give all you guys a real big hug!!!

It is stories like this that help restore my hope in humanity!!!:D

Twink
07-01-2004, 09:12 AM
CCL, I know I’m late on this one, but I had to chime in and say how HAPPY this thread makes me! :D :D :D

I was so worried after “the incident” that Magoo wasn’t going to let himself be assimilated into your happy home. But . . . just LOOK at him! The sight of him sitting in the window with his face to the outdoors is such a heartwarmer. You’ve really gone above and beyond for him, and seeing it pay off like this . . . well, it makes me want to cry! So, add me to the “wuss” list. ;)

Kissies to Magoo, and to all of the rest of your wonderful, fuzzy crew!

Freckles
07-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
My vet explained to me that the aggression from Attilla was about the lack of eye contact- Cheops was not responding to her eye contact so she was smacking him when he didn't respond as most cats would.
Does Magoo "watch" himself around the others so he's not smacked?

In Magoo's situation with no eyes, it would seem to work in his favor.

leslie flenner
07-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Well it was Cheops who was blind and getting smacked for supposedly not reacting cat appropriatly to Atilla's eye messages she gave him- he couldn't see her eyes so she responded with aggression when he responded cat inappropriatly. Well he was a kitten- maybe Magoo's being an adult keeps the others from trying to "discipline" him!!!!