PDA

View Full Version : Interpret Jake's wierd behavior, PLEASE

stacwase
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
OK. I know you all are just sick of hearing about my dogs, but I've been gone for so long and haven't seen them, and I'm all excited to be back with them again!

Anyways - What's up with Jake????

Today, he decided he doesn't want to eat in the kitchen anymore. He's going on 8 years old and has been eating there all of his life. He's never complained about it before, but both times I fed him today he picked up his bowl full of Chicken Soup dog food, marinating in lots of nice warm water, and carried it dripping into the dining room! He spilled half of it on the way there both times, but he was bound and determined not to eat it in the kitchen.

After he dragged it into the dining room, he went back into the kitchen and ate the pieces that he spilled, then he went into the dining room and finished off the bowl.

So what's up? It shouldn't be the chihuahuas - I'm not feeding them anywhere near the kitchen.

My theory is that he's sick of listening to Max's chomping. hehe:D

BCBlondie
06-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Hmm.. no idea.. Maybe let him eat in the dining room until he wants to go back to eating in the kitchen? lol I don't know..

aly
06-26-2004, 03:21 AM
I think it could be the Chihuahuas even though they aren't near him at the time. Is the dining room farther away from them than the kitchen is?

KYS
06-26-2004, 08:29 AM
I feed Sheba inside the house and Rocky eats outside.
Sometimes (not often) Sheba will not eat
her breakfast in the kitchen.
But...She will eat it out of Rocky's bowl outside.
Maybe it is the Chihuahuas?

stacwase
06-27-2004, 11:00 AM
You never can tell what they're thinking! Don't you wish you could get inside their heads?

We're just feeding him in the dining room from now on. Strange dog.

I think it must be the chihuahua's, though I can't figure out his logic. The dining room is closer to them than the kitchen is.

My dogs are both acting differently. I think it's a real stressor for them, having Mom's dogs staying with us. Max got the diarrhea yesterday, and I think it's from stress! Poor guy. He isn't as playful, either.

We're taking the dogs out to the hiking trail today and leaving the chis at home. They need to know that we still love them.

guster girl
06-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Maybe he wants to be closer to them. :)

stacwase
06-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
Maybe he wants to be closer to them. :)

:D ROFLOL!!! :D That's a good one!

K9soul
06-28-2004, 10:33 AM
My guess would be that for some reason he just feels more secure in the living room. Both are probably insecure with the chihuahuas there and that would be the most likely reason I could think of. It could be a territorial thing too. Those are my guesses :)