PDA

View Full Version : Sweaty Paws

Kirsten
10-13-2001, 10:14 AM
I have to admit that this is a bit disgusting, but have you ever noticed that cats can get sweaty paws?
I remember I've read somewhere that cats don't have perspiratory glands except in their paws, and I swear, sometimes you can smell it, it's like an old sock!

Has anyone else noticed something like that or is it just me?

Kirsten

Uniqueviking
10-13-2001, 10:19 AM
Yep, I noticed it when I took Beans to the vets for the first time and she was nervous - she also had sweaty paws, but they didn't smell!

Kirsten
10-13-2001, 10:26 AM
You're right, when they are at the vet's, they're leaving wet paw prints everywhere on the table! :)

Kirsten

Pam
10-13-2001, 10:40 AM
I must say I have never noticed sweaty paws either at home or the vets. Perhaps they are too nervous to sweat, or as the deodorant commercial says...."never let them see you sweat!" :D (We know our kitties are all very proud of the way they keep their emotions "in check!")

I have noticed, though, that when the kitties come out of their carriers at the vet's there is fur everywhere. The vet told me that it is normal for excessive shedding to occur when they are under stress.

tuxluvr
10-13-2001, 04:35 PM
No sweaty paws, but the stress shedding I can attest to. I think Ritz's goes into "autoshed" at the vets, thinking if the fur flys out fast enough, she can't be caught and held by that nasty man with the pointy things.

Pam
10-13-2001, 04:39 PM
:D :D Great description! (Nasty man with the pointy things!) Never thought of it quite that way but I bet my furkids have!