PDA

View Full Version : When you turned 21.. what did you do?

CountryWolf07
06-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Well I will turn 21 on Sept. 21, 2005 - so I'll be 20 in few months - and I was wondering what you guys have done on your 21st birthday? I'm trying to get ideas, and hear your experiences.. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Ummmm.....

I was drunk for literally three days. On my actual birthday, my friend from southern CA came to town and took me to her favoirte sports bar. I had a couple of hurricane shots and then these college frat boys came in with a beer bong *Beer bongs are a funnel attached to a large hose. You pour a beer into the funnel and drink the whole thing in about 5 seconds. Do this about three times and you're pretty much Game overed* I won the drinking contest though! Then I woke up the next day and my MOTHER takes me to the male nudie show. I drank there and got into another contest with mom....sadly I have to admit she won ;). The next day, I had a few beers with dad, opened some gifts and went to a party or two in my honor.
I ended up with massive hangover for a week. Luckily school was out at the time lol.
I did this when I turned 18 too :rolleyes: cept this time it was legal.
Im happy to say I spent my 22 birthday sober!! *My B-day is May 5th, yippie skip*

Moose
06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
haha, well I think you're gonna get the same answer from all of us. ;):p

I won't go into it too much, after all ... there are some kiddies on board. ;)

To make a long story short, my friends took me out and I got completely wasted. :o I don't know why its such a big deal, I mean ... everyone drinks in college way before they turn 21, but for some reason that day is the one you always get the most drunk on. :p The best part was, the whole 'getting totally wasted' thing lasted for about a week ... it's a little tradition we have around here. ;):p

Let me just say, the nights were great ... but the mornings were living hell. [pardon my french ;)].

Maresche
06-25-2004, 01:34 PM
I went out for a really nice dinner with my friends. No booze, at least for me. I volunteered at an animal shelter while in college and was bitten by a cat a few days before my birthday, developed a nasty, NASTY infection and had to be on strong antibiotics on my birthday, meaning no booze. I still had a great time, but it was a bit dissapointing. At least my buds had a designated driver without having to draw straws this time!:rolleyes:

aly
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
I had a tame 21st birthday since I don't drink :p

I went out to a mexican restaurant with friends and family and they put this huge sombrero on my head and sang to me and smeared cake in my face.

You can have a lot of fun while sober!!!

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by aly

Amen!!! I don't drink anymore BTW lol. I did that too much in high school/college ugh...

AmberLee
06-25-2004, 01:58 PM
My best friend, favorite aunt, and mom and I had a 'ladies night out' at the state capital. We had dinner at a fancy restaurant, went to a play (I love live performances...), and went to a nightclub. One drink only...

Sounds tame, but the memories are very sweet none the less.

Enjoy.

sirrahved
06-25-2004, 02:17 PM
First, we went to Stoner's Fun Store and got a headband with a big 21 on it. Then we went out for lunch and got free b-day lunch and a 99 cent margarita. Then went to the liquor store and bought stuff to make pink ladies. For dinner we went to a fun bar/restaurant and I had two drinks, then we stopped at another liquor store on the way home. I didn't get "drunk" I just drank all day! My 19th I went to Canada and got pretty drunk, and then on my 20th.... well, let's just say I don't remember 6 hours of my life :rolleyes: I wanted to try something different this time! I had a lot of fun.

snappy
06-25-2004, 02:40 PM
I went to dinner theater with my folks and a date. Felt funny with the folks there, so didn't really have anything to drink. That happened when I got back to school. Then it was a large party at my apt. Yes after that I was a bit under the weather!

BTW - my b-day is 9/20 Year to remain unknown! :D

Tina
06-25-2004, 05:43 PM
I went and had my license renewed the same day I turned 21, then I went shopping and bought some beer and went home.

After that I pretty much stayed home and had a few drinks and celebrated with my husband. I didn't get wasted but I did have a good buzz.

trayi52
06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
When I turn 21, I was already married, and had a two year old son. I still had never had a drink in my life. Though I did used to sneak into my dads apple cider when I was younger. I never got drunk though.

I didn't start doing any kind of drinking until my kids were older. Two of them had done left home.

So no, when I turned 21, I was sober!

Willie:)

lbaker
06-25-2004, 06:40 PM
By 21st birthday I had two babies.. 22 months apart. Husband had left me. I did not care to party. :(Did get better after that) *sorry, didn't mean to bring you down* Enjoy, be happy.. younguns are hopefully smarter now. CELEBRATE!

Karen
06-25-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't remember exactly what I did on my 21st birthday. It wasn't a big deal, I had already decided drinking wasn't worth it for me, anyway. Had friends to whom alcohol was way too big a deal, knew how it had negatively impacted people's lives, and ginger ale was always cheaper anyway.

I DO remember my 22nd birthday, though ... It was less than a month before our wedding, and I was a camp counselor for a week at an elementary camp. Unfortunately, I also still has to work my "summer job" every night that week, and the two places were 70 miles or so apart. Paul came and picked me up at camp and drove me to work and back, just to be able to spend some time with me on my birthday. On the ride between works, I got a cupcake with a candle on it. And all my campers (8 girls between the ages of 9 and 12) thought that it was just THE most romantic thing ever.
My mother had already given me my birthday present - when I opened my suitcase at camp, there was a bumper sticker for my (12-year-old, piebald blue and black and maroon primer Ford Maverick) car that said "This is NOT an abandoned car."

Shelteez2
06-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Turning 21 isn't that big a deal here. I can't really remember what I did. I don't really celebrate birthdays. I know I wasn't drinking though as I didn't start drinking until May of the year I turned 21 (I would've turned 21 in March).

18 is the big birthday day here. The legal drinking age is 18. But again that was an uneventful day as I didn't start drinking 'til I was 21.

Fox-Gal
06-25-2004, 09:17 PM
I'll never forget turning 21, it was a interesting day to say the least.

I was living in N.Y. city then and my friends decided to take me out. First they took me to a adult movie. :eek: :eek: I didn't like that part at all. I made everyone leave. Then we went out for a nice dinner and after they took me to one of the hottest clubs in N.Y. It was something from what I can remember. I got so drunk that I can only remember so much. Next thing I know it was the next day and my friends where all over the apt, sleeping. How we even got home, I'm not sure. :confused:

It was one of those once in a life time things, that I'm gald I did, but never want to do again. That was the last time I got drunk, ever.

delidog
06-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I truly do not remember my 21st birthday....
I lived in N.Y.C. than also...6th st and 2nd ave.Those were the Days!!!

NoahsMommy
06-25-2004, 10:04 PM
I went to Vegas with friends and family. :) We had a really great time, I drank, but don't get drunk. The fun part was actually ordering the alcohol and being legal to do so.

Actually, that was when my aversion (healthwise) to alcohol began...but it was still fun. :)

The night of my birthday, we had dinner at the 5-star "Eiffel Tower" restaurant at the Paris Hotel. It was so wonderful...they even wrote 'Bon Anniversaire' on my chocolate souffle plate. :)

lizzielou742
06-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Oh goodness...parent's don't let your kids read this thread!

I turned 21 on Saturday, June 8 (year 2002) and my best friend/roommate (in college I rented an apartment with 3 of my sorority sisters) turned 21 on Sunday, June 9. So pretty much the whole weekend we were wasted. Friday night we bought a keg and had about 50 people over and drained the thing. I remember going to the gas station up the street to buy beer after midnight. I remember the next day sleeping in until about noon, then going to O'Charley's for lunch with everyone and drinking margaritas. I remember a friend came over and made me drink screwdrivers at 3 in the afternoon. Then I went out to the bars with my roommates and got completely messed up. I don't remember what I drank except for the 3 car bombs (you drop a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream into a glass of Guiness and chug). I don't remember getting home, or anything. I remember after I got home, laying in the floor of my apartment and pulling things out of my purse and throwing them at an ex-boyfriend (nice) and I also remember falling into my closet doors in my bedroom and breaking them, pouring a glass of ice water onto the floor, and my best friend puking. Yes I was belligerent. Then the next night was my roommates' 21st and we went out to the same bar and did it all over again, except by the end of the night I could only handle Jell-O shots because I thought I was going to puke.

Yeah so I pretty much got stupid and loved it!!!! Wish I had pics that were tame enough to post, LOL :D

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2004, 04:09 PM
I think on my 21st birthday I had a midterm exam in every class I was taking...in fact, I remember rescheduling my math exam for early to spread things out a bit.

The day after my 21st birthday, I went home to visit my best friend while she was working (bartending), and tried a few ice creams drinks...a grasshopper and a brandy alexander if I remember correctly :)

neko1
06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
I just went out to dinner with my husband (still fiance at the time) and had one drink. It was nice and relaxing.

Christiansmommy
06-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by aly

I agree. Not much of a drinker here, either. Anyway, i turned 21, 3 weeks before my wedding. We went on a cruise, so at least, i was legal, if i wanted a drink or 2...but again, didnt drink much then either...i am fine with just an ice tea (not the long island kind) :)

Robyn

guster girl
06-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I drank alcohol for the first time. :) I first went to a place called El Sarape with my husband at the time (ex now) and a couple of friends that had to make it an early night. Then we went to a karaoke bar with our night owl friends. :) I had so much fun! :) Memories......

slleipnir
06-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Well..seeing legal age here is 19..lol I didn't go drinking though when I turned 19. I don't really care for it. Didn't really do anything special

Kfamr
06-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Is that Audrey I smell?!?:D :D :D

Uabassoon
06-26-2004, 06:06 PM
First I went out for my hour of power. Since I turned 21 at midnight I went to the bar until 1 a.m. when they close. I think I only had a drink or two, but it was fun. A few of my friends went with me. Then on my actual birthday I went out to applebees for happy hour and had some food and a mudslide. That night I had a nice party, since some of my friends were underage I didn't want to exclude them and I felt that a party would be more fun then going out to a bar.

slleipnir
06-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Is that Audrey I smell?!?:D :D :D

I don't give off odor, so no..........

kimlovescats
06-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Let's see ... when I turned 21, I was a stay-at-home mom with a 6 month old baby girl! I didn't drink then, and still have never even tasted the stuff! :eek: I do enjoy going out to EAT though ... far too much !!! LOL!!! See my other post / poll in General! ;)

catnapper
06-26-2004, 09:54 PM
21? LOL! I turned 21 on the Sunday of Labor day weekend. ALL the bars were closed by the time my friend and I headed out. My town apparently rolled up the sidewalks at dusk on that weekend! We ended up driving an our away to a predominately gay town. We walked into a notorious gay bar and had SO much fun having the guys fawn all over us. I drank a whole single bottle of beer... I'm allergic to alcohol! :eek: We sang really bad karaoke, and got a standing ovation from the guys. It was so much fun.

I DO have to wodner about the dress I wore though... bright purple with white polka dots and a fluncy bohemian type colar! Yeah, I look back now and think I must have looked like a circus clown! :D Back then I though I looked mighty fine!

Twisterdog
06-26-2004, 11:24 PM
I can't really remember, I think I had to work.

dukedogsmom
06-26-2004, 11:27 PM
I honestly don't remember :D That's all I'm saying.........

moosmom
06-27-2004, 09:01 PM
You're asking me what I did 30 years ago????? :eek: :eek:

I can't even remember if I put my underwear on right this morning!!! ;) :p

teenster3
06-27-2004, 11:53 PM
I got my 1st & so far only tatoo! I did have a few drinks as well (afterwards), I didn't get obliviated though!!!:p
I waited until my bachlorette party to do that....oh what a night.....such a night that I can't remember!
Oh well.....you'll have FUN I'm sure!!!!

Blustang24
06-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Well, I don't turn 21 until August 25 of this year. I know it's a wednesday and I'll have school. My dad wants to take me out to dinner and have a few casual drinks. I let you all know after the following weekend how it was! LOL :D

CatMama78
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
I can't remember, which probably means I was drunk among other things. I went to school in New Orleans, so getting drunk was a regularity long before my 21st. I've calmed down a thousand percent. Have fun and be safe is all. I'm not going to lie, I had a great time when I was loaded - might as well enjoy it while you can :) - as long as you stay safe, of course.

My parents also took me to Vegas aweek or so after I turned 21. Now THAT was fun! Cause drinking you can really do before you turn 21, but gambling you cannot! Plus even if you don't gamble, Vegas is still fun. Heck, just people watch for hours. You can see all the Paris Hilton wannabe's :)

ramanth
06-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Donna LOL!!!

The only reason I remember my 21st birthday is because a tornado decided to crash the party. :eek:

During the day I went to the Mall with two friends. The plan was for my friends to all meet up at my parents and my mom was going to grill.

On the way home, the emergancy broadcast signal came on saying there was a tornado heading towards Eaton Rapids. My friends and I voted and we decided to try to beat the twister home. Just as we arrived it started hailing, then my other friends showed up, then mom got home. Spent the next hour in the basement.

Soon the coast was clear. Mom made food and we all had fun. :)

Didn't drink a lick of alcohol.

(Found out later the tornado had passed a mile south of my parents)

Mom was going to take me out to a popular bar in Lansing, but the storm kept us home. She took me out the next night and I tried a few different drinks. Didn't get drunk though. :)

tatsxxx11
06-28-2004, 06:34 PM
I got married!:D Well, it was a few days before my 21 st birthday!:)

Logan
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I got married!:D Well, it was a few days before my 21 st birthday!:)

What a great thing to do, Sandra!!!!! :)

I was at the beginning of my senior year in college when I turned 21. And September 18 (my birthday) fell on a Sunday. I just had to find a calendar to see what day of the week it was. I have no memory of what I did on that day (not because of drinking, I just don't remember), but I suspect I was either at home with my parents, or they came up to Clemson to be with me. :) Back then (a long time ago), the legal drinking age in SC was 18 and regardless of how long ago, sale of alcoholic beverages on Sunday has been against the law and still is. There are some exceptions these days, actually, but still it is very limited and only in restaurants who choose to pay extra fees and where the voters have legalized it.

Logan

teenster3
06-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Blustang24.....
Oh, another August Birthday how cool! Mine is on the 25th of august as well but, I'll be 29.
My close friend has the same as ours (she'll be 26) & my dog Wicket will be 4 on that date as well!!!!:D