PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the shelter to adopt a cockatiel on Monday 6/28!!!

My Peanuts
06-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Before any of you get confused, yes that makes four total cockatiels. Alex, Danny, the unnamed baby that comes home sometime next month, and the one that (hopefully) comes home from the shelter on Monday.

This is how it happened... The baby that was supposed to be Danny's cage mate is a girl. I still wanted her. My mom said that we still needed a boy to live with Danny. Uh, ok, NO PROBLEM MOM! I found a shelter in Madison WI, which is about 2 hours from my house. I spoke with the people there and we have an appointment for Monday. They said they have several cockatiels. I'm leaving work early and my brother and I are going to pick HIM out/up! YAY!!!

I'm so excited. Look for the, "I got a new addition" post soon and then again next month.

P.S. My dad had no problem with it :D

GoldenRetrLuver
06-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Just make sure to quarantine the new birds before introducing them with your current birds. :)

Congratulations! What a lucky person you are! ;)

My Peanuts
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Just make sure to quarantine the new birds before introducing them with your current birds. :)

Congratulations! What a lucky person you are! ;)

I defiantly will, how long do they need to be quarantined?

GoldenRetrLuver
06-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I defiantly will, how long do they need to be quarantined?

I've heard that two months is ideal; just to make sure the new Cockatiels don't have any sickness that can be passed onto Alex and Danny.

Here's a site that's very informative, that I first started looking at when I got Piper. :)

http://www.cockatielcottage.net/main.html

My Peanuts
06-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I got him!!!! He's soooo cute! He's a cinnamon male. He needs a little work because he bites, but he's not worse than Pretty Boy was when I started with her. The shelter was calling him Billi, but I changed it to Milton. He's from Madison WI, but my boyfriend has a lake house in Milton, WI which is about 30 minutes from Madison. So that's why his name is Milton :p. I didn't take any pics of him yet because he is still settling in. I don't think Milton has eaten a thing yet, but when I come home from work I'm going to let him explore my room a bit. I hope that will make him more comfortable. This is his picture from Petfinder. When he starts eating and acting more normal I'll be sure to snap a bunch of pictures :D Here's my new boy and Danny's soon to be new best friend! Milton is the tiel in the front.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/4f093bfa.gif

Logan
06-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Congratulations, Diana!!!! :) I love Milton's name!!!! :) I can't see his picture right now, but I'm sure I will, soon!!

Logan

popcornbird
06-30-2004, 01:38 AM
I can't see Milton's picture right now either, but I will check for it again tomorrow. I'm sure he's adorable. Congrats on the two new tiels! I can't wait to see LOTS of pictures of them!

aly
06-30-2004, 02:03 AM
I can see the pic and he's a cutie! I'll attach his picture so you guys can see it.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-30-2004, 12:02 PM
He looks like my doodle
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/furbabies/IMG_0479.jpg

I'm so glad you got him. Congratulations!!
When do you get to bring Evie home?

My Peanuts
06-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks Aly for linking my pic and thanks for all the nice comments about Milton everyone. I don't know why is isn't showing up. It's showing up here now, but it wasn't yesterday. I can't even get into my account at photobucket :rolleyes: something must be going on over there:)

wolfie
06-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Yay! He's adorable - congrats on your new addition! He's so cute too.

Logan
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
I think I'm in love with Milton!!!!!!! :)