PDA

View Full Version : I would like to apologize!!!!

kimlovescats
06-24-2004, 10:48 PM
I have to say that I am very sorry if anyone felt that the recent postings of house tours, was some sort of contest. I certainly did not mean for it to be that way at all!!!! Every person's home was wonderful and beautiful in my eyes ... and I enjoyed feeling as if I actually got to meet my PT friends! That is honestly all I had in mind when I started the idea.

One thing that I never want ANYONE in my world to do is to feel intimidated by me or any THING I may have. I am not ashamed to say that our house was only possible for us ... because of an insurance settlement my husband received. Up until that time, we had lived in many, many apartments and had some MAJOR financial problems!!! :eek: We also were able to buy most of our nicer furniture with this money as well. It was fun while it lasted ... but we are now back in credit card debt and struggle from paycheck to paycheck!!!:rolleyes: Trust me, I could be happy most anywhere ... as long as my hubby and kitties and children were there!!!

I admit that I do love to decorate ... but I only bargain shop .... can't afford expensive items, and I don't think I would spend lots of money on "things" even if I could! That's just me ... I have always enjoye the simple pleasures in life most of all. I am a firm believer that "every man's house is his castle" and that's exactly how it SHOULD be!

So ... once again, please forgive me if you were uncomfortable in any way from the house tours!

Love,
Kim;)

RubyMutt
06-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Did I miss something?

I never saw any need for you to APOLOGIZE :eek:

I have really loved all the house tours (and I'm an apartment dweller ;))

I hope you don't feel like you did anything wrong, I've really enjoyed "visiting" other PTers' homes :)

Kfamr
06-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Ditto that Lindsey...

I don't understand why you'd have to apologize. Everyone's homes were wonderful, and what makes them all alike is we share them with our fur-kids. Or should i say, thye share them with us!

You weren't forcing anyone to look at other's homes, or post their own.. so I don't see why you'd feel badly about it. :)

Miss Meow
06-24-2004, 11:13 PM
:confused:

No offence taken here (apart from the low reply count to my house ;)).

I don't care if anyone lives in a tent or a mansion as long as they love their pets.

kimlovescats
06-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Thank you! I just wanted to clarify my intentions! ;)

jazzcat
06-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Maybe I missed something too but I think it was fun and I don't know why you think you should apologize. I enjoyed participating and I absolutely loved seeing everyone's homes. I hope more people will offer tours.

I don't think anyone should have to apologize for being proud of turning their house or apartment into a wonderful home. Every tour I saw was exactly that - a lovely, wonderful home.

NoahsMommy
06-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Kim,

I'm glad you thought of it. I think its such a neat idea, I love seeing people's homes. I kind of feel closer to those that posted their homes, we got to know more about others.

:)

I'll post mine soon. I have to do some major cleaning/reorganizing anyway as our den and closets have become store all areas, which I hate. ;)

slick
06-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Kim: where on earth did this come from???:confused:

Have you been receiving some bad PM's??

I don't see anything wrong with the house tours for those that have something to show. Myself, I live in a two-bdrm condo and believe me 3 pictures would about do it so that's why I'm not posting.

trayi52
06-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Kim, I see no reason to apologize at all! I really and truly enjoyed every home I visited, and thats what it felt like! I really loved all the homes and I look forward to visiting more homes.

I think we all had fun with this, I know I did!

Thanks for giving us all this opportunity to get better acquainted, it was such a wonderful idea!

Willie:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Kim, I agree with the others. I also don't see a reason for an apology.:confused: I enjoyed visiting everyone's homes. I know I've missed some of them and I'll try to go back and look at them. I think this was a wonderful idea.:D

nibblets
06-25-2004, 01:00 AM
I loved it! Its fun to see other peoples homes. I love to look into houses that have their doors and window open in the evening and you can see what they look like inside. When I used to take my son Trick or Treating I was always checking out everybodys decor. No need to apologize. The only reason I didn't show my house is...its messy and I don't have a digital camera so I'd have to do the whole developing thing.

heinz57_79
06-25-2004, 01:20 AM
I don't think you have any reason to appologise. I may not have replied to everyone's homes, but I looked at all of them, and they were all beautiful! Made me jealous as all heck, since I live in a duplex! ;)

I think if you received any nasty PMs or anything, it's kinda sad. But I personally think there is no appology neccessary! :D

Barbara
06-25-2004, 04:03 AM
I love these threads:D :D :D And they give you so many ideas.

The only thing I miss is a thread with all the links to any home;) because I am not sure I can find them all- and I had no time to look when I was away:(

Miss Meow, I definitely have to find yours!

Killearn Kitties
06-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Well I thoroughly enjoyed all the tours that I have been on. I haven't finished them yet - PC still acting up. I thought the different styles of houses and the building in different parts of the world was absolutely fascinating.

The only reason I didn't participate was that my digital camera software is now fighting with my new hard disk and it would just take too long to develop film then scan. That, and the fact that the place is a bomb site because we are decorating!

jenluckenbach
06-25-2004, 05:25 AM
OK....NOW what did I miss!?!?!

Not only have I enjoyed the house tours (although I do appologize for not having the time to actually POST under all of them) I am planning a REAL cat house tour! (MY true to life, NOT cleaned, litter covered, hairy, house tour!)

And if there were any hurt feelings, I'd like to say "DON'T". I know some of the homes were a bit intimidating to us "poor folk" (and I am talking about ME!) but home is where you make it. It is about WHO lives there and it is about the LOVE that is there. It's not about what you HAVE materialistically. As little as 8 years ago we lived in a run down 1 bedroom appartment. It was not kept in good shape by the owners. The walls were crumbling and the floor was rotting (the toilet even rocked) but it was home and I was sad when we left. And if we had a house tour back then I would have happily have shown it.

sasvermont
06-25-2004, 05:32 AM
I, too, think everyone has been very pleased seeing each other's homes. I have never thought I would be any happier than in the home I happen to be living in.....and that other folks have more, less, the same, whatever, and we are all happy here/there!

I have thought about trying to photograph my home but then I think about all the things sitting around etc. and fat chance I will have every room looking so perfect that a photo op would be ok.

Thanks for sharing your homes.

I think Barbara would make a good house tour guide and should be our official tour person, travelling from home to home, giving her official/professional opinion about all of the pets in the homes......hehehehehehehehehe!

No apology needed!

SAS

shais_mom
06-25-2004, 05:58 AM
I have to echo everyone else, and never thought anything "bad" about it at all. :( I thought it was a splendid idea.
And still do.
I just am sorry, I haven't been able to get to all of them.
Off to find More like Nicole's!!!

kimlovescats
06-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok.... thank you everyone. Guess I am just being my usual "paranoid" self! :rolleyes: Sometimes I act without thinking things through, and then later I think about how it might come across to someone else!:( I agree with what each one of you has said, but if I even hurt ONE person out of the bunch, I would feel awful!!!! Thank you for telling me how you feel, and I REALLY am enjoying the tours as well!!!

Nibblets: I had to giggle at your comment .... I do the EXACT same thing! I love driving around town at night .... "peeping" in windows!!! :eek: :D

PayItForward
06-25-2004, 07:07 AM
When it comes down to basics, everyone who rents or owns their own home is very lucky.

Look at all those homeless people who would give their eye teeth for the smallest simplest shelter from the weather.

We who have homes & access to a computer are in the top 1 % of the richest people in the world !!!

Remember peoples defination of a 'perfect home' can differ greatly too.

I saw two homes on the tours that I drooled over, neither which was Kims home. :D

Randi
06-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
We who have homes & access to a computer are in the top 1 % of the richest people in the world !!!

Remember peoples defination of a 'perfect home' can differ greatly too.

So true!

I don't see any reason to apologize either, we all enjoyed the house tours, didn't we! :)

mruffruff
06-25-2004, 08:02 AM
I have loved every tour, no matter if it was an upscale house or an apartment with three rooms or something in between. I haven't posted to them but I think they all are wonderful. They belong to some of the nicest people and that's what counts.

Mine is coming as soon as I can get them out of Photobucket.

Mary

lbaker
06-25-2004, 08:11 AM
I love the tours and am pleased that the homes really match the idea I have of the personalities of the owners. I think it's fasinating. Some I can't see all of because my antique computer can't open to all. I can't even post pictures which is a shame because I would love for you all to see my cat & dog infested home, warts and all! Germany, the country, the southern CA condo and all in between... what lucky folks we are :cool:

catmandu
06-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Actually I appreciated seeing the Beautiful Homes , asit has given me a Lot Of Ideas as how I can improve the Found Cat Hotel. I would hateto think that a fewJealous people , would take this , the wrong way!I , myslf was kidding , when I said that the Found Cats were jealous , but I will try to enclose the Back porch , for them!

catnapper
06-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh Kim! What are you sorry for? These tours were a brilliant idea! I loved being able to "open my home" to everyone. It might not be ready for "House Beautiful" or "architectural Digest" but its my home and gosh darn it, I'm proud of it. There were many hones that were absolutely stunning and I'd love to live in, but they aren't my home! I love my house! All of the cracked walls, lousy plumbing, stained carpets! I do not feel as if any house was "better" or "grander" than mine, nor do I feel that others were less than mine. All had something I'd die to have! As soon as my camera is back from repairs, I too will do a "real Cat Tour" complete with my average daily messes!

I'll start with what my office usually looks like - no matter how often I clean it. In less than two hours it looks like this. I feel like Pigsty form the Charlie Brown comics:
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/misc%20nonsense/office.jpg
Complete with a grungy fish tank that no longer has fish. A broken curtain rod from when Allen attacked the curtan (that mean wind was blowing it!) My house is my home and i love it no matter what state its in! Ok, I prefer the clean state. :D

carla and mike
06-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Catnapper
I know the rod is broken but I love the white sham (I think that's what it's called.lol)hanging above the curtains.
That gives a classy and very pretty look.I think I'll do that.Thanks.
I love new ideas.I'm not the greatest at decorating but I'm getting there.
And kimloves cats:Your home is beautiful.
All I've seen so far look like nice homes.

Kfamr
06-25-2004, 09:25 AM
For anyone who needs to do some catching up on all of the wonderful homes... click here for a list of the Tour threads! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52056)

Catnapper-- I LOVE the color of that room!

QueenScoopalot
06-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Now Kim...where else but on PetTalk can we play peeping toms AND see homes in other countries? I loved them all and thought the thread was a really fun idea. And as others stated it was optional for people to show their homes. ;)

rosethecopycat
06-25-2004, 09:48 AM
I just want to see the kitties stomping grounds. I like to see their favorite places to sleep, a favorite window, the view. The decorating is nice, and interesting too. I plan on posting mine, but I am unable to post without using attachments. Can someone help, if I send my pix to them and the commentary?

I need some time too. Very busy season.

Rose

lizzielou742
06-25-2004, 10:04 AM
I saw no problem with the tours. I enjoyed them very much! I would have posted a tour of my apartment but we just moved in and there's boxes, trash, paint cans, and laundry EVERYWHERE! Seriously you can't even walk into my bedroom yet. Maybe in a couple weeks, after we finish painting, I will give a late tour...if no one minds!

gini
06-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Kim, I too loved the house tours, although I don't think I have had a chance to see all of them.

When you have a board like this we are bound to have people from many walks of life - some with lavish lifestyles and some without.

I don't care how everyone lives as long as they are taking good, loving care of their pets. Yes, let them sleep on the bed, let them live in every room - just please don't put them in the back yard on a chain!

And when you have pets - just like children you will have accidents on the carpeting that cannot be removed. I have stained carpeting that makes me cringe. (two Rainbow Bridge kitties were very ill). But I had a choice to make recently - new beautiful carpeting or computers for my work.
The computers won out.........and the new carpeting will just have to wait.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize about and I think everyone has loved the house tours. And thank you!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
All had something I'd die to have!

Ditto what everyone else has said, but especially the above statement because I thought this was one of the great things about the house tours. Even though we might love our current homes, there is always something that we wish they'd have and there is no possiblity of ever getting it in the current home. As an example, I would kill for Fox Gals property! Ok, maybe not kill, but you get the idea. To have that much land is an absolute dream for me, but there is NO WAY that is going to happen with our current home. We make compromises everyday and like Gini said, the computers were more important than new carpeting right now so the stains stay - so what? The fact that the stains are there is a testament to Gini's love for her RB kitties and how they were more important than the carpeting, which is what I saw in all the homes. The fact that all the homes had made room for at least one critter is enough for me - no matter what the house looks like. They were all homes of loving caring people and that's all that matters.

Like I said in my other post, everyone has different circumstances, but we all do the best we can with what we have, and what more can be asked of us?

Thanks for the great idea, Kim! :D And there is absolutely no need for an apology. :)

lynnestankard
06-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Reading through this I was convinced someone had PM'd something hateful Kim. I'm sooooo pleased it's just you being paranoid!!:D :D

I think I've 'toured' every house, sat and chatted, had tea with Debbie, admired SOMEONE'S pink kitchen(!! Nicole!!), enjoyed umpteen cuddles with that many cats and dogs and just out and out enjoyed myself!!
Lets face it we've even toured one particular house being built - that was fascinating!
I'm so nosey by nature - I also love peeping into homes at night:D :D So this thread was heaven for me!

Kim - many thanks for thinking of it. xxx

Lynne

jazzcat
06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
There is something(s) I want from everyone's home. I was going to make a list and it just got too long.

Let's just say if things turn up missing don't look at me.:D :D Of course how am I going to get FoxGal's land, Trayi52's big butt kitchen, Catnapper's faux painted brick wall and CCL's fireplace to TN???? Oh yeah, Thelmalu99's NYC view is another one.

ramanth
06-25-2004, 09:05 PM
No need to apologize I think! :) I didn't take it as a contest. I really want to share my abode, but it is soooo messy that I need to clean it before taking pictures. ;) :D

And I know I've missed a lot of house threads...some are in General, some in Cat Gen, and some in Dog Gen... I'm trying to find them all, and it might take awhile..but I WILL find all the threads and reply. :)

kimlovescats
06-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Ok, everyone .... let's move on ... I feel really silly at this point!!!:rolleyes:

LOVE YOU ALL!!!;)
Kim