PDA

View Full Version : Kai's back from the white-coats! Update:

binka_nugget
06-24-2004, 04:27 PM
The vet did the x-rays and nothing in his bones/joints showed up. It's a soft tissue in there that's causing him to limp.

He's going in again next Tuesday for a minor sirjury. They're going to do a biopsy for the tissue in there.

And to add to that, it'll take 10 days to recover; we have to drop out of his advance obedience classes since he won't be able to do the jumping and retrieving.

Worst of all, it's going to cost roughly $400 for this minor surgury. :eek: I have no idea how we're going to pay for this but pray that everything goes alright! I was worried to death today and it was only x-rays! Imagine what a nutcase I'll be next week!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Awww.. good luck with your sirjury, Kai.

I was worried too for a minute! :eek:

Glad to hear it's nothing "serious".
Keep us updated, Ashley! :)

tikeyas_mom
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
awww :( poor kai... Good luck babe.

dappledoxie
06-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Aww! Good luck Kai and Ashely too!

BCBlondie
06-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Poor Kai!!!!!!:( I hope he'll get better soon!!! Hopefully the surgery will go well and he'll get better in no time!

Nomilynn
06-25-2004, 01:13 AM
I hope he does well! I wish I could help you out in some way, but know I'm praying for him! He eventually loved me, when it was time to go, so give him kisses from me! ;)

binka_nugget
06-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I hope he does well! I wish I could help you out in some way, but know I'm praying for him! He eventually loved me, when it was time to go, so give him kisses from me! ;)

LOL! I was thinking of arranging another get together in mid September. If you come, I'll be sure to bring cheese for you to give to him so he'll ignore me and love you the whole time. Haha!

Nomilynn
06-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
LOL! I was thinking of arranging another get together in mid September. If you come, I'll be sure to bring cheese for you to give to him so he'll ignore me and love you the whole time. Haha!

Yaay! I'm there! :p

RobiLee
06-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Hope everything goes well with sirjury. Give hugs to Kai for me please.

Robin :)

binka_nugget
06-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Another small update..

The vet called my mom to talk about the surgury more. He said it would only cost roughly $200 if it's just the tissue alone. But, there is a chance it's a tumour. If it is a tumour, he will have to take a piece and send it to the lab to test if it's cancerous. I'm praying to god it's just a tissue that can easily be removed. If it's a tumour around the bone, he'll need more surgury and radiation if it's cancer. :( He's supposed to be healthy and perfect. He's not even 2 yet.. my poor baby. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Poor Kai. :(

Ashley.. I'll be thinking about him and I'll say a little prayer for him tonight. Get better soon, Kai! :(

Hoping for the best.

{{hugs}}