PDA

View Full Version : Little Bit has a rash(sp?)...help

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 11:49 AM
well... I was bathing him a little while ago and on his neck he has this rash it is very red and bumpy.... and he is scrathing at it ... sould I be worried or am I fussing over nothing any ideas on what I could put on it? please help:confused:

aly
06-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I would definately take him to the vet asap. Do you know what ringworm looks like? That might be a possibility. Be careful, because ringworm and scarcoptic mange are both highly contagious. The vet can do a skin scrape and a few other tests and will probably let you know the cause of the rash right away.

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 01:18 PM
thanks for replying... but I know what those look like and it looks like niether ... its like alot of little red bites in one spot I took his collar off of him and have been watching it since his bath the redness has gone down.... I don't know maybe he got into something... I am just worried about my baby

lv4dogs
06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
you can try to give him some benadryl or childrens benadryl. Or apply benadry cream to the area just make sure he does not lick it off. Check w/ your vet for the proper dosage.
hope he gets better!

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 02:46 PM
thanks..... thats what my mom said... but I wanted to see if any of you guys had any suggestions

CatMama78
06-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Maybe call the vet and see what she thinks.....? Probably it's nothing serious, but it'll ease your mind.