PDA

View Full Version : Magoo update and video's!

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Magoo is doing very well being a part of the population instead of soitary confinement!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

We only had three biting incidents in the first couple of days and he caught on quickly about the scary swat from behind when he does bite.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

He has been out every night for at least four to five hours and if things continue the same way I might try letting him stay out all night over the weekend. We will be up late and of course I will be able to hear any fights if they break out. He has to prove himself for a couple more days though.

Here are a couple of cute videos that I got of him. I don't thin I have ever told you all before about how funny he is when he drinks. He gets a drink and then stinks his tongue in and out of his mouth like a snake. Then he gets another drink and does it again. It cracks me up! I finally kind of got it on video. I thought you guys might think this was funny too.

I have more video's coming in the next two posts.

lizzielou742
06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
OMG he is soooo cute!!!!!! I didn't realize he had white paws!! He reminds me of a teddy bear. He's so adorable drinking from that fountain - How on earth does he find it? :D It's sweet how you were like, "It's OK, it's just me," when he heard a noise and then he went back to drinking...so cute!!!
I'm so glad he's adjusting well! Waiting on more videos! ;)

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
This is a video of Magoo PLAYING!! I heard a bunch of racket and found him playing with a clear bottle top. the cats are always stealing my water tops!
He rolled through a plate of food during his play and that is why there is dry food all over the floor, but that is ok.

He hasn't played like that again, yet but isn't this cute and wonderful!! Except when he went under Pepper Jack and scared himself.

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 10:30 AM
This is Magoo tired of playing and just being one of "The Crew". I tried to give him back his bottle top but he was worn out!

This is my kitchen on any given evening.

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 10:34 AM
I forgot to apoligize for all the bckground noise! Hubby was watching some kind of movie. The TV is always blasting around here!

aguu
06-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Magoo is such a sweetie-pie. He's so little!!
I just LOVE him!
How's his eye-socket - is it still puffy??

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by aguu
Magoo is such a sweetie-pie. He's so little!!
I just LOVE him!
How's his eye-socket - is it still puffy??

He is a very small kitty that packs a big WALLOP!

I'm taking to the shelter tonight to let the vet check him out. I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes.

jazzcat
06-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Great videos!! I loved watching him play and drink!

It's great to see him hanging out with the rest of the gang like! You guys have come a long way.

catnapper
06-24-2004, 11:30 AM
OMG! How wonderful! He looks so happy playing with the little plastic cap! Was that Pepper Jack he bulldozed out of the way? LOL :D It does my heart good to see him acting like a normal kitty... now you can show your dad that a blind kitty can be a happy, normal kitty too! (Was that you're dad that said something about him?)

CatMama78
06-24-2004, 11:36 AM
He is so cute! Those floofy legs get me everytime :). Magoo, you have come a long way, baby.

nibblets
06-24-2004, 11:40 AM
He is just the cutest little guy. He is pretty sharp playing with his bottle cap, he knew just where it was. It has taken him a bit of time and you a bit of patience but it sure seems like he is well on his way to blending into the mix.

His tongue action when he drinks is the same thing my Bichon does when you scratch his back. Buddy's old tongue just laps in and out like some crazy lizard.

thelmalu99
06-24-2004, 11:44 AM
He is so adorable!
I'm so glad to hear that he's coming around. I loved watching him drink; I have never seen a cat do that before, LOL! They all have their own funny little habits, I guess.

Randi
06-24-2004, 11:49 AM
It's so funny to see him stick his little tongue out in between drinking - and to see him play is just wonderful. :) It's like Pepper Jack understands that he can't see, I noticed he moved to the side when Magoo bumped into him. :)

Aww, Magoo is so sweet, I'm happy he is adjusting at last. You have done a wonderful job! Now he has a lot of exploring to do. :D

We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for the vet visit, hope it's nothing serious!

sasvermont
06-24-2004, 11:52 AM
CCL, my heart is so full of joy to see our little Mr. M being a good boy and having fun too!

Good job! Your two are the best a pet could ask for....really....

Love,
SAS

catcrazylady
06-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone. He is turning into a sweety!

K & L
06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
AWWWWW.....I could actually view this video! I usually have problems here at work!

Laura's Babies
06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Awe! Awe! Awe!! I only thought I was in love with him before.... Magoo, I am your biggest fan baby doll and love you even more than ever now that I have seen you on video. They made me cry to see you looking so happy and contented, safe and secure.. CCL, you ALL deserve a star in Heaven for what you have done with this guy and I know he has won his place there overcoming what he has here on earth and keeping his beauty and love of man in spite of what has happened to him.

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady

He rolled through a plate of food during his play and that is why there is dry food all over the floor, but that is ok.

And I suppose if on of the other kids had made a mess like that you wouldn't be as forgiving....;)

What wonderful reflexes and I am jealous of that fact....

I think it would be a mistake to leave him out at night.....
I can tell you what a bottlecap sounds like at 3 a.m.:)

QueenScoopalot
06-24-2004, 03:44 PM
I am also delighted that Magoo has blended into your kitty family, and everyone's hearts! :) He has quite the instinct for finding that bottle cap just by smell and noise...amazing boy.:eek: It's heartwarming seeing how well adjusted all your kitties are to him, and him to them. Sweet, sweet Magoo! :) :) :) So glad things seem to be working out at long last! ;)

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Those videos are just wonderful CCL - it was lovely to see Magoo playing and looking so normal and happy - I thought exactly like Randi said - Pepper Jack seemed to allow him more room - so sweet.
I've never seen another cat lap like that either. LOL!

CCL - the TV being on full blast is just like our house - I'm sure Don doesn't know there's a volume control that goes 'down' as well as 'up'!!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
I think these are some of the most adorable videos I've ever seen! I love the way he does all the extra licks when he's drinking. :D

And in the one where he's playing, it's so funny when he runs right underneath Pepper Jack. PJ still seems a little unsure of who this new guy is, but has no problem with being lifted and pushed out of the way - too funny. :D

Magoo, you are a sweety and I'm SO glad you're settling in so nicely. :D :D

CCL, I can see how his right eye is "puffy" where the other one seems to be concave. I sure hope the vet visit goes well and it's nothing serious. I'll be awaiting the update and thanks so much for the videos. This is what we've all been waiting for - you most of all, I'm sure. ;) :D :D

Steffi N
06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
It's great to hear that Magoo is making progress and is staying out longer with the gang. The videos were great.. Tell Magoo I love his tongue flicking. And he is smaller than I thought. I also didn't know so much of his legs were white.
Pets for you, Magoo. :)

kimlovescats
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh I just can't tell you how it does my heart such good to see these videos of Mr. Magoo!!! His drinking is just so adorable.... I couldn't help but giggle out loud!!!

Then the playing with the bottle cap .... it is so remarkable that he can hit it everytime and not even see it!!! Cats are so amazing! It was so cute when he walked right underneath Pepper Jack.... hehehe!!!:D

Sweet big boy, just part of the big happy family now!!! God love him!!!!!:)

Craftlady
06-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks for sharing with us, loved the videos. It is so great that Magoo is working out :)

manda_moo87
06-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Awww, Mr. Magoo you are such a SWEETHEART!!! :D:D:D

Loved the videos!

trayi52
06-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Awwww, that sweet baby! I don't know why, but seeing him drinking and playing the way he was in those videos just make me feel like crying. It is such a miracle seeing him acting and playing that way. He is such a sweet miracle!

Thank you so much for these videos of our own Magoo!

Willie:)

catmandu
06-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Scrappy Magoo , is so brave , and when he comes to Our Partee, he will be the Guest CatOf Honor , and he will have a BALL!This is A Found Cat Guarantee!