PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog have any KONG toys?

wolf_Q
06-24-2004, 01:28 AM
I don't really know why I'm posting this pointless poll, but answer if you'd like! You can choose multiple answers. Here's a list of the different types of kongs I have in the poll http://www.kongcompany.com/dlist.html

Nebo LOVES any and all kong toys, they are definitely one of his favorites. Here's what he has...I think, I may have missed some...

Regular Kong (red)
Regular Kong (multi red, white & blue colored..2 of these)
Planet Kong goodie ship
Air Kong shaped like regular kong
Air Kong fetch stick with rope
Biscuit Ball
Cool Kong
Glo Kong
Dental Kong

He also has the Liver and Peanut Butter Kong Stuff'n which he loves too!

Miss Meow
06-24-2004, 03:06 AM
We have one biscuit ball and two normal Kongs. I hate cleaning the normal Kongs; even in the dishwasher the gunge stays on, so we use the round one.

binka_nugget
06-24-2004, 03:09 AM
We have a medium puppy kong and a biscuit ball. They don't care for either of them unless there's cream cheese in it. :p Even when they're playing, they go for the tennis ball over the kong.

ChrisH
06-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Bob has the regular black Kong and a red dental Kong. They, and the really hard rubber balls, are the only toys he can have, he destroys or/and eats everything else! :)

Pam
06-24-2004, 06:14 AM
When I first got Bella I raced to the store for a Kong because Rachel (mom of Hannah and Tucker) told me how much Hannah enjoys her Kong. Well my two must be odd because neither of them care for Kongs. In fact the only time that Bella was interested in it was when I put peanut butter inside. When she was finished licking the peanut better she ignored the Kong. Their favorite chew toys are nylabones. Ripley has one sort of shaped like a barbell and it fits perfectly in his mouth and he looks so funny. He is never without his barbell! (He even throws it up in the air to play and it comes down with a clang!) :p I gave my Kongs to a co-worker because her dog had never had one. I forgot to ask if she liked them.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Sadie has a red Kong, but when my sister and Sadie wereplaying with the kong, she sister accidently (sp?) threw it up on a neighbors roof!:D So we had toget a new one! :)

anna_66
06-24-2004, 07:18 AM
We just have the regular kongs.

bsherman
06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Tawny has had a regular kong since puppy hood and wouldn't
leave home without . A little peanut butter and she's good for long time. It looks pretty ratty now, but she loves it and how it bounces all over the place, TV, laps, chairs and the couch.

cali
06-24-2004, 08:59 AM
we have a regular Kong, and a kong on a rope thing my dogs hate them lol

ramanth
06-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Kia's first Kong was the regular red one. Then she got an air kong for her birthday, and a cool/water kong from Uabasson.

The other day, while on our walk, I found another regular red kong nestled in the deep grass. So now she has two! :)

Holly's mom
06-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Holly has a regular Kong, a dental Kong, a Kong biscuit ball, a Kong bone, and a Kong bounzer toy. Her favorite is the biscuit ball, she'll carry it around patiently until one of us puts a big biscuit in it. Her least favorite is the bounzer toy, probably because it doensn't have any place to put treats in it. :)

molucass
06-24-2004, 09:56 AM
I have one of the big black kongs for Felony, and I have a small puppy kong for Bailee.

Annie steals Felony's kong from him all the time.

None of the dogs like the puppy kong though.

CountryWolf07
06-24-2004, 12:05 PM
My dogs show NO interest in kongs.

shais_mom
06-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Keegan has a King size Kong that I had originally bought for Shaianne. Neither one of them pay/paid attention to them unless they have something in them. I fill it now with either watered down dog food that has been frozen in them. Or I fill it with Frozen Bil Jac which she loves. Keegan had a very small one that way she would still stay busy, but wasn't getting all the extra calories of it from the big one, and I think she had that almost a year and half and finally had to pitch it b/c it was separating around the middle. So I got her a medium/large one.
When I first bought the King Kong, I bought 2 and a guy from work bought the other one from me. His dog LOVES it. Plays with it all the time.
Keegan also has 2 of the biscuit balls. A small one and a huge one.
She has a rubber football shaped biscuit thing. It isn't a kong but she won't touch it even if there is a biscuit in it. She must not like the smell or taste of it.

Nicole,
Is what I do to clean mine, is soak them in hot soapy water for a while and believe it or not, soaking them in denture cleaner also helps. I use those tablets to clean a lot of stuff. Then clean it out with a baby bottle brush. It works great for the big one, and it also worked for the small one I had.
:p

Amber
06-24-2004, 02:24 PM
nope,

My dodggies don't have any kongs. I was wanting to get them some, but I never did. I'm sure they would enjoy them if I filled them with something special.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-24-2004, 02:27 PM
We have two regular Kongs. Daisy will only play with it/chew on it if there's some food or treats inside, and Molly won't even touch it then. :p

What's a 'biscuit ball'? I don't think I've seen them at any Petco around here.. maybe I'll have to look harder next time I'm there. They seem to be a big hit with Pet Talk doggies. :)

wolf_Q
06-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Go here http://www.kongcompany.com/kongballs.html and wait for the background to load. There's a pic of a malamute playing with a biscuit ball..

I usually just put one large milkbone all the way through it. I give Nebo that every day while I'm at work, he loves it. They sell them at the Petco here.

tikeyas_mom
06-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Baby has a black kong.

dappledoxie
06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I have a puppy kong and a red kong, the red one is still at moms though outside so it really doesn't count lol! Claire likes the puppy kong when I put stuff in it especially which isnt' too often, bad mommy!

MariaM
06-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, Major doesn't actually have a *Kong* but he has a Hartz brand thing that is basically the same. I put peanut butter in it and he likes it but otherwise he doesn't.

Kfamr
06-24-2004, 11:32 PM
I don't believe we do. I think we used to have an orange one, we still might.

So many toys, it's hard to keep track!
I'm sure Nala would love the treat one.

jenfer
06-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Gigi has a regular shaped red medium kong. I put a little something everytime when I have to leave her alone at home. She loves it and can't wait for me to leave. :p

lizzielou742
06-25-2004, 01:41 PM
My friend Katie has two labs - 14 months and 6 months - and together they have completely destroyed 3 Kongs. She gave up on buying them for the dogs. I thought they were "indestructable"?! :D :D

Here is a picture of her dogs, Halle (the black) and Belle (the chocolate):
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p20f528d9c158df5c686901af7ffac947/f81ee729.jpg

Aren't they gorgeous? :D

PS They've chewed through a lot more than Kongs, too: door frames, coffee table legs, shoes....puppies!!!:rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
My pups have the regular kong(red) Mandy will play with it as long as there's a treat in it and Lacey isn't allowed to have it because she chews it up.

My Peanuts
06-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Sylvia and Harley have one regular Kong each. I don;t know why I bought two, one would have done just fine since Sylvia HAS to have the one Harley has :p :rolleyes: