PDA

View Full Version : When should I be worried?

anna_66
06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I know maybe this doesn't sound like much but Angus hasn't been feeling good today at all:( Besides taking his pills with some PB, he's not eaten. He won't even take a bite of cooked chicken.
He ate a little yesterday (about a cup-1/2 yesterday morning and 1/2 last night).
He's also thrown up 3x's today (yucky yellow stuff).
Also my little niece came over tonight and he barely even cared. This is not like him AT ALL. He even stayed outside when we ate dinner:( It's like he just wants to be by himself. I walked outside after we were done eating and he didn't even open his eyes till I walked out and touched him and then he just barely opened them:(
I think if he doesn't feel any better by tomorrow I'm going to take him to the vets.

Am I just worrying over nothing?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

binka_nugget
06-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh no.. I hope he's just having one of those days and it's nothing serious.

Keep us updated Anna!

Cookiebaker
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
:( Poor Angus! Hope he's back to normal by tomorrow! Please let us know what happens.

{hugs}

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Dogs just like people have off days, let's hope that 's all it is.

Amber
06-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh Anna,

I hope it's nothing serious. Hopfully he'll be himself tomorrow.

Katie can be like that too sometimes. She just wants to sleep, and not care about nothing or anything. But she is always herself the next day.

I'll be thinkn' about him tonight, and try not to worry yourself.

Dot
06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Gosh, I think I'd be worried enough to get him to the vet's tomorrow if he's not back to normal. Check to see if his nose is hot, or take his temperature. If it's high, I'd see the vet for sure!

:-Dot

LoudLou
06-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Anna, Sorry Angus isn't feeling well. Sometimes I really do wish they could talk... I'm a worry wart, especially with the furry kids, they're our only kids.

Hugs >:D< to You and Angus

Pam
06-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh Anna I know how worried you must be seeing him not behaving like his normal self. I think a visit to the vet is the only way you are going to put your fears to rest. Maybe it is nothing more than Angus being bothered by the heat or maybe even could this be a side effect from his medicine? I guess the only one who can answer that will be your vet. Please do let us know what happens. I will say a little prayer for your big boy. Feel better soon Angus. You have many friends here who are worrying right along with your mom. (((hugs)))

RobiLee
06-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Anna,

You definitely are not worrying about nothing. Angus may just have some kind of bug like we might get and he may be better tomorrow. My advice would be if he is not better and still acting the same way tomorrow I would call the vet. We all worry when it comes to our kids and we never know if or when we should call the doctor. At least I know that this has always been my problem. I'm always worried I'm jumping the gun and being a little paranoid. I say jump the gun and err on the side of caution. Thats my opinion. I hope it helped some.

I hate to hear that Angus isn't feeling well. Please give him a hug and kiss for me. Keep us updated!

Feel better soon, Angus.

Robin

Cincy'sMom
06-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Poor Angus! I hop eyou are feelingbetter soon!

Anna, I know it is a greater concern with senior dogs, but Sadie will sometimes not eat much for a day or two when she isn't feeling good. I didn't read others reponses, so maybe someone has already said this, but the yellow stuff is stomach bile and just means his stomach is empty. Dogs know when thier stomachs are quite right and often won't eat. Maybe try a little boiled chicken or hanburger tomorrow. It is easier for the dogs to digest then kibble, and small amounts better on an empty stomach so there is no temptation to overeat and get sick from that.

((HUGS))

LuckiLab03
06-24-2004, 01:25 AM
I would definitley take him to the vet.. I don't mean to scare you, but those symptoms sound like what Brooke had before she had to go to the doggy ER. Brooke wouldn't eat or drink anything, kept throwing up, wasn't acting like herself, was always panting and crying and just wanted to go outside and sleep in the grass. She wouldn't really respond to any of us. I would take him in to make sure there isn't a problem.. you can't be too careful..

By the way, what kind of medicine is Angus on?

ChrisH
06-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Poor Angus. :(

My RB dog, Penny, used to get like that sometimes, off her food and vomiting that bile stuff. Like Amy wrote, she would eat and keep down small amounts of boiled chicken & rice and be ok in a day or so.

I so hope dear Angus is feeling better today, but if not, despite what I wrote above about Penny, I wouldn't shillyshally about but get that precious boy right to the vets, just to be sure.

Chris

Kfamr
06-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Oh no :(

Good thoughts are coming your guy's way... I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe call the white coats and ask about it.

{{HUGS}}

anna_66
06-24-2004, 06:11 AM
He's not feeling any better this morning:( I tried to offer him a small piece of chicken and he turned his head.

He threw up 3x's last night (12:30, 3:30 and just at 6:15-about an hour ago). It has to be the worst smelling stuff ever.
I think he's throwing up any water at all that he had in him. The last time he drank was around 7pm last night.

I'm definately calling the vets so I can get him in asap.

The medication:
I wouldn't think it would be that since he's been on it for 3 weeks, but I guess you never know.

He's taking:
Proin 50 for incontinence (2/day).
Geri-Form vitamins (1/day).
And .6mg Thyro-Tabs (2/day).
Along with a glucosamin, condrotin/msn supliment (1/day).

Thanks for all the wishful thoughts. I'll let you know asap what the vet says.

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 06:22 AM
I would take him to the vet ASAP! I'm so sorry to hear he's not doing well. Makes me very sad and I can only imagine how you feel. When Duke was bad sick last year, I was beside myself with worry and sadness. I hope so much that it's just his medication. Please let us know what the vet says when you get home and give that sweet Angus a big hug from me.

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2004, 06:28 AM
I was so hoping the news this morning wouldbe better :(

If he hasn't drank anything since last night, chances are he is dehydrated, or getting there. Do his gums feel sticky? That is one of the first signs of dehydration. Any chance he would eat an ice cube or two, to get a little water in him? Chicken broth maybe?

I don't mean to scare you or overreact, but he may need to spend somet ime at the vet and get some IV fluids. Cincy did, when she got so sick the last time, and it really helped her.

Poor Angus :( It's no fun being sick.

anna_66
06-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Yep, his gums are sticky feeling so your probably right.
We have an appointment for 10am.

I just hate when their sick, they just can't tell you what's wrong:(

Karen
06-24-2004, 07:40 AM
Poor Angus! No fun to be a big black dog who ain't feelin' well and in hot weather to boot. Give him a big hug from me, okay? I - along with others - will worry with you 'til the white-coats give the all clear!

DogLover9501
06-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh Anna :(

I was hesitant to open this thread, I am so worried about Angus, It brought tears to my eyes. I will not even sleep until you update us on what the vet says.

All these things are not good signs for sure, but Im just hoping it's nothing serious and that Angus will be back to normal in no time.

:( Keep us posted, Anna, and please give him a wack of hugs and kisses from me..

stacwase
06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh - I sure hope Angus will be OK. He's such a sweet old boy. We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear how he is, so keep in touch!

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 10:10 AM
poor Angus... hope that you get better soon big guy.... its no fun to be sick:( .... please keep us updated.... me and my gang will be praying for Angus

molucass
06-24-2004, 10:19 AM
{{Hugs}} for you and that sweet boy.

I hope he's going to be ok!

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi God ~

(Sorrie we're *late*, but da ISP went down last nite...)

Hope You had a minnit to ride ober to da White Coats wiff Angus.

Ebberbuddie down here is Prayin he's jest got da summer *Blahhhhz* -
but we'd all like You to Help *perk* him up.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Canis Amicus
06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Angus, my best wishes for your recovery. Hope very soon you will be healthy, happy and playing again.

Sudilar
06-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Hoping that it is just a bug and Angus is better quickly. Let us know what the vet said as soon as you can. Prayers on their way. Hugs.

ramanth
06-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Angus! You better get better right now! Kia and I both want it for our birthdays!!! You're making me cry!! :( :(

Hugs Hugs Hugs to that sweet boy.

RobiLee
06-24-2004, 10:47 AM
I was so hoping to hear better news :(

We're all here, Anna. Let us know whats going on.

Angus, you big sweetie, please feel better soon. We all love you so much here and can't stand to think of you being sick. Get well soon, Angus.

Robin

GoldenRetrLuver
06-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Poor Angus. :(

Please keep us updated, Anna. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Get well soon boy. :(

Moose
06-24-2004, 11:20 AM
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. :(

Our best wishes are with you Anna and Angus, and we hope all will be well. Please let us know what is going on ASAP!

K9soul
06-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Anna, my most heartfelt prayers go out to you and Angus. I can imagine how distressed you are feeling with all of this, I remember well how I felt when my boys got sick in their later years.

Please let us know as soon as you know anything. {{{HUGS}}}

ChrisH
06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Many prayers and positive thoughts being sent for precious Angus.

Anxiously waiting for news.

Chris

anna_66
06-24-2004, 01:51 PM
He was severly dehydrated and come to find out he was bleeding from his butt:(
She didn't say too awfully much, just that she was very worried about his bleeding. It really smelled bad, not a smell you'd ever want to smell.
I didn't know this until shortly before I took him to the vets. I had found him laying on a blanket that I had just washed and seen the blood and he also had it on his butt still:(

Oh guys, what if it's my big boys time to go to the RB. I just don't know how/if I'm/we're going to be able to handle it:(

Thank you so much for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Please pray more now than ever, I think he really needs it.

shais_mom
06-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Oh Anna. I am so sorry. I just don't know what to say. I will be sending prayers your way. I am sorry I didn't see this earlier.

binka_nugget
06-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Hang in there Angus!

Positive vibes being sent your way!

LoudLou
06-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Sending you two lots of prayers and the BIGGEST cyber Hug ever! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif

gini
Oh, Anna, prayers, prayers and more prayers being sent your way.

ramanth
Oh Anna, how scary!!!! All my heart and love and thoughts going out for your sweet Angus boy. :(

*HUGS*

Sudilar
06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Lighting a candle for Angus immediately. Prayers for a miracle on their way. Oh, Anna.... (tears)

DogLover9501
06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh, Anna :(

How scary, I am holding alot of tears back! I will be thinking of Angus all the time and praying(and I NEVER pray).

Did they do any tests? Or anything? I am so worried, Anna!

There's tons more that I feel I want to say, but the words really aren't comming :(

I will be thinking of him, I always have thought about him daily, but I will be thinking of him more, sending positive vibes, praying as hard as is possible.

Hang in there, Angus, we all love you so much :) :(

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok, now I am crying at work. I'm so sorry. I hope the Lord doesn't see this time to take him from you. I'll be praying for what's best and that's hard to do. I hope so much that you get to bring him home well and whole. If the vet does say that it's his time, I'd bring him home and just love him like crazy. This is making me hurt as if it were Duke. I just hope he gets well. Keep us updated.

Cataholic
06-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh, Anna! I am so sorry to hear this about my little Angus. Please, Lord, let it just be a virus. Prayers on the way for him, and you, Mark and the girls.

ChrisH
06-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh, Anna ... big, big, prayers being said for dearest Angus.

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Hellow, GOD!?

Hi God ~
Really need Your Help fur our Buddie Amgus!

You're gonna stay inna Hoppsbittel wiff him, aren'cha?
Hold his Pawz so'z he knowz You're there.

An PaLeeze show da White Coat which chaptur ta reed inna Big Book.

His Mom an Dad are wurried sumpin frantik -
Kan You Wrap Your GodsPawz round em both to give em some comfort?

We're gonna add Angus onna Prayer Kard asside da Prayer Kandilz
soon as we getz Home - You kan *see* our Kandilz burning -
kan't You, God?
We thought so. ;)

An pleeze tell Angus we're all down here Prayin fur him!

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

tatsxxx11
06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm crying too Anna and can barely type or think of what to say:(:(:( It's like I've been hit in the stomach and I can only imagine what you're going through right now. I'm praying with all my might for our beloved Angus. Anna, did she give any sort of diagnosis, do tests? How are they treating him? Please, please, hang in there and fight Angus. We all love you so much sweet boy. Lighting a candle for you Angus right this minute and praying with all my might. Please, keep us updated Anna. Love, Sandra

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 02:27 PM
oh Anna I am sooo sorry to hear this... I am in tears as I am typeing .... he will most certinly be in our thoughts and prayers... please keep us updated .... everything is going to be okay....{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

wolf_Q
06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh no, not our big lovable Angus!! :( I'm hoping and praying that he's ok. :( :(

This is probably highly unlikely, but the bleeding around his bum area could possibly be a ruptured anal gland...I bathed a dog at work yesterday that had blood around there and a tiny hole. It was from a ruptured anal gland. It seems like older dogs have more trouble with that. The smell from that is an awful nasty smell.

lbaker
06-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm crying so hard I can't even see to type. I love you Angus.

Amber
06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh Anna. :(

Angus is a strong dog. He will be a-okay. Some medication, and hopfully he will be back on his feet being himself.

Keep your chin up! (((Hugs to you)))

I'll be praying hard for him.

lizbud
06-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Anna,

I'm so sorry to read about Angus's illness. Boy, this evokes
a lot of old memories.:( I do so hope that this is a temporary
thing & his Vet can get Angus to feeling better soon. Hugs to
you Anna & kisses for the big guy. Hope you're feeling a lot
better soon Angus. :) Liz.

Karen
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh my smushy-face Angus! In my prayers still and hard!

ramanth
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
This is probably highly unlikely, but the bleeding around his bum area could possibly be a ruptured anal gland...I bathed a dog at work yesterday that had blood around there and a tiny hole. It was from a ruptured anal gland. It seems like older dogs have more trouble with that. The smell from that is an awful nasty smell.
Amy, I didnt' even think of that. Kia ruptured her's and I remember the blood startled my dad and it smelled really bad!

Hugs for Anna, Angus, Mark, Roxey, and Honey.

K9soul
06-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh Anna :( :( :(

I'm so choked up at the moment I hardly know what to say. I too will light a candle for dear Angus and you and the whole family both fur and human. Please know my prayers and thoughts are with you.

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Get well candle lit for you here, sweet boy.
http://www.petpics.net/memory/

bluekat
06-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh no....not Angus:(:(:( {{{hugs Anna}}}

I'll be praying and sending positive thoughts to Angus and you, Anna:( Don't worry, we know that he will get well very soon, with all the PT prayers:)

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2004, 03:24 PM
More prayers coming your way Angus.

trayi52
06-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh, Anna, I am praying so hard for Angus! Please know that he will be in my prayers, and in my thoughts as well.

Come Angus, you can do it boy, Get well fast and make us all happy again. We all love you, and know what a special boy you are!

Again, Anna, prayers, good thoughts and lots of ((((HUGS)))) are coming your way.

Willie

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Lots of prayers and postive thoughts coming your way. I've been thinking about you guys all day and I know how hard it is to leave your baby at the vet :( Hopefully some meds and fluids will get him back on his feet.

LuckiLab03
06-24-2004, 04:19 PM
We're sending prayers and positive thoughts your way too.. hope you feel better Angus. We'll be thinking of you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh Anna, I don't know what to say. Even though I don't make it to the dog side much, Angus has always been my favorite.

Please, please, please get better Angus.

Prayers going out.....:( :(

shais_mom
06-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Just checking in, Anna, If you need anything you have my cell phone number.

Sudilar
06-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Candle still burning....update as soon as you can, please.

DogLover9501
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
I also have a candle lit...

I cannot stop thinking of Angus, or how you must feel, Anna! I feel like it is one of my own that is sick, you know how I feel about Angus!

Please update as soon as you can, Anna :(

anna_66
06-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Here's an update:

They are pretty sure what's causing the bleeding is a mass in the area of his stomach so he will be having exploritory surgery tomorrow. This is what she told us:

It could just be a non cancerous mass and will remove it.
If it is cancerous she will call me and tell me what his chances are.
If they find it's cancerous and it's spread she will call me (they would then just put him to sleep).

I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride all day long.
The good news is that he was feeling a little better tonight after some fluids (they had gave him almost a whole bag).
He even did his famous head twist when he heard our voice:D
We got to go in and be with him and even take him out for a walk (which he loved!). I hated to leave him but I know it's in his best interest to stay there. If we brought him home he would just get sick again from having no fluids. So tonight he stays there. And honestly, he didn't seem too upset. He got right in the kennel and layed down. And of course I took a couple of pictures but I didn't have the digital so I have none to share.

Please, please, please keep my boy in your thoughts and prayers that it's not cancer.

Thanks to all of you. He means the world to us and we can't imagine loosing him.
And thank you Robin for the lovely siggy. I will get it up as soon as I get done posting.

DogLover9501
06-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Anna, I seen that you were lurking, so I've been refreshing and refreshing, waiting for an update ;)

I cannot get him out of my mind! But I don't mind!

Im glad they found out what was causing the bleeding, that must be why he was not feeling like eating/drinking.

I am also glad that he's feeling better, and that he got to go for a walk!

I probably will not sleep tonight! I hope that its not cancer, and they can just simply remove it, and Angus will have a speedy recovery!!

I will be thinking of him non-stop, I also will light a candle each day, and pray for him!

The siggy isn't good :o but the message gets across, and Angus's picture makes it look better ;)

Next time you go see him, please give him a big hug and kiss for me.

And remember to keep us posted!

{{{Hugs}}} I hope all goes well with "our" Angus!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh Anna, I was afraid to open this, but I'm glad it's somewhat good news (that he's doing a bit better tonight). We will definitely keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Come on Angus, you can beat this! You've got to....

stacwase
06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll keep praying. Hugs to you. Keep us posted.

lizbud
06-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Thank you for the update Anna. Although Angus is not where
we would all like him to be, (home with you guys) he's where
he can be safe for now. He is such a sweetheart.:) You all are
in my prayers. Get better soon big guy. Liz & Smokey.

Cookiebaker
06-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Anna, we're holding you and Mark and Angus tight in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes his surgery will go with ease, and end with the best of results!!

{more hugs}

sabies
06-24-2004, 08:09 PM
We're sending good thoughts your way, get better soon Angus!

Sudilar
06-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Continuing prayers. Angus will be in my thoughts. Hugs to you, Anna.

Miss Meow
06-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh, Anna, I missed this thread. I'm so sorry about Angus. My heart is going out to you :(

Sending all the positive thoughts I have that dear Angus gets through the exploratory surgery and his lump is non-cancerous.

{{{hugs}}}

zippy-kat
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Prayers on the way!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
*Abby Heer!!*

Hi Angus's mawm n dad...

Me an Mum'z hopin dat da big guy getz betterz REEL soon! Hopin itz nuffin bad!

Kissez frum Me and tonz frum Mom--

Abby an da Mom, Megan!

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm so glad to hear he's doing a little better. A lot of us have been upset today. It feels good to be home so I don't have to worry about sniffling. I pray that tomorrow brings us the good news we're wanting to hear. Give him a big hug from me and Duke. I'll even tell Duke to say a prayer, too.

Tina
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Angus will be in my thoughts and prayers.:(

anna_66
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Did I forget to tell you all how wonderful you are? If not...
YOUR ALL THE BEST FRIENDS A PERSON COULD EVER HAVE!

After I posted Mark & I went through all the replies and he even started getting teary eyed.
I know with all these prayers, how could god see fit to take such a lovable boy away from this world.
Even the girls at the vet say he's just the sweetest rottie they've ever seen!
I just know he's going to be coming home soon, even the girls don't seem worried;)

RubyMutt
06-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Oh no :( That is so terrible, not sweet Angus! :(

Angus, you will constantly be in my thoughts - sending many positive thoughts your way, buddy. Be strong!

HUGS to you, Anna! This must be so hard for you and Mark

RobiLee
06-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Angus has been on my mind all day. I just can't stop thinking about you all.

I will continue saying my prayers for Angus and all of you, Anna.

Lots of prayers and Lots of hugs....Robin

DogLover9501
06-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Anna, I don't think our big boy is going to be taken from us! There are so many prayers being said for Angus, candles lit, he is in so many people's thoughts!

He is so special, Angus was the first PT pup to steal my heart, him being sick feels just as if one of mine are sick, I am a wreck! Just want to fall asleep and not wake up until theres more updates! So I don't have to wait, and pace rooms and worry!

Anna, if you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to PM!

Will be thinking of that big handsome boy, and praying that the mass is not cancer, and that he'll be home with you, Mark, and the girls, where he belongs!

4 Dog Mother
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Anna, I am sorry I am so late in seeing this. Haven't been on the computer much lately. What sad news to hear but there is always hope and we will keep hoping and praying that Angus does not have cancer and will soon be back home and on the mend.

molucass
06-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I lit a candle and prayed for him when I lit it..

Me and my furkids are all sending get well wishes to that sweet handsome boy! Get well soon Angus!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Angus and all of you from me too!
(((HUGS)))

Moose
06-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are still with you Angus and family. :(

dear angus,
please hang in dere buddy! your mommy and daddy aren't ready ta lose ya jus' yet ... and neither is anyone at pt! remember that we're all wishin' the best for ya, and prayin' to gawd that everything is jus' fine tomorraw during your sirjuree.

we wuv ya!
-MooSee and ZoEe

Pam
06-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Anna I have been away all day but wanted to check PT before going to bed to see how Angus is doing. It sounds scary and encouraging at the same time. Like everyone else I am praying that it isn't cancer and you will have your big boy around for many more years to come. (((hugs)))

LoudLou
06-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Angus, DUDE! Ya gotta Get Well Soon !!! We'll keep all our tails (Well, Louie will keep his nub wiggling for ya ;) ) and paws AND claws crossed and send ya lotz of get better prayers. (((Hugs to your Mama And Papa too. )))

ramanth
06-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Angus, dear heart. For my birthday will you get well soon? Please? All my love. *hugs*

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/memorial_weekend_03/kim_angus.jpg

Kfamr
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Anna, Angus, Mark, and the girls ~
I'm very sorry for not replying sooner. I've been watching this thread all day, and having the watch the kitties and make sure my two pups are okay, has gotten in the way of being able to post much. I was in tears while reading some of the uppiedates, but i'm glad to know he's feeling better than he was.

I want to let you know that I have been thinking, worrying, and hoping for you all. We know how loved Angus is in your family, and our love is just as strong for him. I was worried when you brought him to the meeting, because I didn't want to upset any of you. I am very greatful you did bring him, and I really appreciate it. He's just such a sweet, laid-back dog.. how could anyone not fall in love?

And then we have you Anna, one of the most caring, giving people of all time. I want you to know that we dearly and deeply love all of you, and that we're thinking of you. You're such a wonderful fur-mommy, and thank you for that. The pups send you many kisses, and even though Simba can be a cranky butt, he loves you as well.

Sweet, Sweet Angus.. please be good for mommy, and please pull through this. Mommy's RB doggie left her around this time 3 years ago.. and she does not, nor do we want to lose another sweetie. I know you're a strong man.. and I know you can get back to complete health in no time. We love you sweet doggie...... and we're thinking of you.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/sweetangus.jpg

Hugs to all of you -- Anna, Mark, Angus, Huney, & Roxey.

countrycowgirl
06-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Anna I just wanted you to know that me and the pups sat down and said a prayer for sweet angus boy......... and we will be saying lots more........ get better soon angus........ I am glad to hear taht he was feeling a little better get well soon angus

Karen
06-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Angus is such a good boy, and he wouldn't want us to worry - but we will until we hear what Sir Jury has to say.

To all cat-folk - you've never been head-butted until you've been head-butted by a big ol' Rottie! Smushy-faced snuggles to you, Angus, you be good tomorrow, okay?

BCBlondie
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Oh no.. :( Sweet Angus, please get better soon!! We all love you! **hugs** Get well SOON!!!

jazzcat
06-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh no, I just now saw this. Poor Angus. We'll say prayers and cross paws here!!!

Get well soon!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-24-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm going to light a candle later tonight and say a prayer for Angus.

Good luck tomorrow, boy.. :( Still in my thoughts and prayers.

micki76
06-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh Anna, I've only just seen this and I'm bawling my eyes out. I can't imagine your anguish. :( I KNOW he'll be ok. I know it. I sat down with Millie & Chester and said a long prayer to God for you, Mark, & Angus. I know your big boy isn't ready yet.

You'll all be in my thoughts.

Dogz
06-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh my goodness. :( :( :(

I just saw this thread. I am SO sorry I did not reply sooner, Anna and Angus. *Hugs* to both of you. Please, please get better soon Angus. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My candle is also lit.

*Praying*

:(

MaxandSpike'sMom
06-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Just saw this Thread...Angus will be in our thoughts and Prayers!!!

Good Luck big guy!!!:)

aly
06-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Anna,

Stay strong and never lose hope. Angus will be in my prayers. If anyone could pull through this, it'd be big, strong Angus. Hopefully he will be home soon getting some TLC from mommy and daddy.

Keep your head up.

Glacier
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
We'll be praying for Angus' complete and speedy recovery!

jenfer
06-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Good wishes and prayers your way!!! Hoping it's not cancer!!!
{{{HUGS}}}

heinz57_79
06-25-2004, 01:14 AM
anna, SOrry I'm a little late on the uptake... PT has been down most of the day for me, so I didn't have a chance to browse. When I saw this thread, my heart jumped. I'm so sorry you're going through this, and I'm sorry poor ANgus has to go through all this as well. All of us rotti lovers on this end are keeping all of you in our thoughts. I'll light a candle with a wish that it's nothing serious and Angus will be right as rain soon. Hang in there, and know that everyone on PT is rooting for both of you!

We love you, Angus, you great big handsome boy, you! Get better soon!

ChrisH
06-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Anna & Mark, as all of Pet Talk do, I love your Angus boy so much. I've lit my first ever candle here for your precious boy and am praying so hard ..

Big, Big, Hugs
Chris

shais_mom
06-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Oh Anna, I can barely type thru the tears.
I will definately keep you and Mark and Angus in my prayers. Your sweet girls also.

Sudilar
06-25-2004, 06:52 AM
Continued prayers for Angus and you and your family, Anna. Hugs. Will be thinking of him til we get an update from you. Please make it good news....... please.

Sevens
06-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Praying hard and lighting candles for Angus' complete recovery.

Hugs,
Stephanie, Brian, Bailey, & Guinness

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Anna and Mark.

I am praying for Angus.
Hang in there.

Angus..

You big sweet boy. You be good at the doctors and eat and take all your medicine. I am believing you will be all better in no time.. and back home with Mommy, Daddy and your sisters!!! Take it easy cause we are waiting for your all better report from your mommy!!

i love you Angus!! {{{HUGS}}}

EssTer
06-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Oh no.. I'll keep Angus on my prayers.. I really hope he will get well really soon.. Angus - please be string, get well soon!

tatsxxx11
06-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Dear Anna and Mark. My thoughts are with you and the family this day. Our candle continues to burn for you precious Angus boy and we pray for your complete recovery. Be brave sweetheart, get well soon and hurry home to your mommy, daddy, Huney and Roxy. We love you so much Angus. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

dukedogsmom
06-25-2004, 08:45 AM
It's about time for your surgery. I'm loaning you all my guardian angels so you'll be alright. Come out of the surgery feeling good and well again! We're all praying for you Angus. Don't leave this world yet.

RobiLee
06-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Still thinking and praying for you Angus! I went to sleep thinking about you and woke up this morning thinking about you.

Be strong, sweet boy and pull through this for all of us here at Pet Talk but mostly for your mommy and daddy who love you so much.

Hugs and Kisses....Robin

anna_66
06-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Well Dr Young just called a few minutes ago and said Angus is feeling good this morning and his abdomen isn't as painful and also that he has an ice cube. He didn't throw up any last night either. So for now she wants to postphone the surgery and just monitor him for now:D
Her call made me very hopeful. I know this sounds crazy but I don't want to get too overly excited just right yet.
But you know, I think he has so many praying for him that God is having second thoughts:)
I can't thank you all enough for all the sweet replies, candles that you've lit and the beautiful siggies. I'm saving them all.

I told Mark on the way home that I'm going to have faith because PT prayers work wonders!

I'm going to visit this afternoon after I get off work on my split so I will hopefully have a couple of minutes to update again.

Keep those prayers coming....THEY ARE WORKING:D

dukedogsmom
06-25-2004, 09:05 AM
That is so great! I hope that he'll get to come home soon and maybe God decided to just remove the problem over night and he won't even have to have the surgery.

Kfamr
06-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Great news!!

Angus, we're still thinking of you boy...... :D

RubyMutt
06-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Good news :D I'll still be thinking about you all! Keep being strong, Angus, PT loves you!

tatsxxx11
06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Oh, what a happy, happy update!!!:D Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful if he could avoid surgery!!! Prayers will continue for Angus' complete recovery! Anna, please give your precious boy a big group hug from all of us this afternoon!:) We'll be anxiously awaiting your update! Love, Sandra

Cataholic
06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Anna, that is good news. Not enough to let up on the thoughts and prayers, but, still good news! My sister said to tell you that you and Angus are in her thoughts! She has a lover boy rottie,too, Rafe.

ParNone
06-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Prayers on their way for Angus. Hang in there buddy. Hope you'll be home soon.

ChrisH
06-25-2004, 09:27 AM
What good news!

Keeping 'our' precious boy in my thoughts and prayers. Please give him a hug and kiss from me.

Chris

countrycowgirl
06-25-2004, 09:35 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!:D ...you will still be in my thoughts and prayers sweet Angus!..... I am soo glad that you are felling better:D

gini
06-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Ummmm, good news this morning. You can't ask for anything better than that!

Prayers will continue though to insure Angus is home soon and back in good health.

DogLover9501
06-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Anna, that is great news!!! I just woke up and ran here hoping there was an update!!

I am so glad that he's feeling alot better, I hope he stays feeling better! The update brang tears to my eyes, Im so glad it was good news!!

I will still be thinking of him all the time, and praying very hard!

You can do it, Angus, We love you!!

slick
06-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Anna: sending more positive thoughts and prayes from the West Coast. That's very good news and I pray that he continues to do well.

4 Dog Mother
06-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Anna, glad to hear the news was good - things sound hopeful. But we will keep bombarding God with prayers to heal Angus quickly. You and your pups are very special pters!

Holly's mom
06-25-2004, 10:13 AM
That is wonderful news! Prayers and good wishes for you, sweet Angus!!

bluekat
06-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh Anna I'm so happy to hear that Angus is feeling better! I was really worried and I was glad to open the thread to find that he is slowly getting better:) I'm typing through tears now. I'll keep on praying for him and I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts. We know that PT prayers work and we know that Angus will be better in no time:)
Keep us updated!

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-25-2004, 10:30 AM
I've been away for one day, and I missed such a scare! I'm so glad that Angus is starting to feel better and that his surgery has been postponed. I will keep him and you in my thoughts, hoping that he continues to recover rapidly.
Get well soon, Angus!

lizzielou742
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Angus & Anna, you're both in my prayers. Keep on improving, Angus!! Hope it's not as serious as they first thought.

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Keeping the prayers coming for Angus!

My Peanuts
06-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry I missed this thread until now. I'm praying for Angus, so the PT prayers to God just got one stronger. I'm a strong believer that prayers work. Before I was a part of PT when things looked bad they usually turned out bad. A few weeks ago my cockatiel Alex was egg bound and almost dead. I took her to the vet and posted on PT. I had a lot of PTers praying for her. I have never had an animal be so close to death and pull through. Alex is 100% fine now and I'm praying the same for Angus.
PT PRAYERS REALLY WORK :)

lynnestankard
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Anna keeping you and dear Angus in my thoughts and prayers - as our the three mouseketeers - {{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Come on Angus - concentrate on getting well xxx

Lynne

wolfie
06-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh, I just saw this thread. I'm glad he's getting better - get well soon Angus!

RobiLee
06-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Gosh, I just missed your last post, Anna.

I'm sooooo glad that Angus is doing a little better today. The prayers are still coming.

Hang in there, Angus! You can beat this thing. We love ya, buddy!

{{{HUGS}}}.....Robin

anna_66
06-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Guess what?

He ate a little bland food and is drinking water! He's not bleeding any more either!
Maybe I shouldn't get so excited....BUT I WILL ANYWAY:D
My boy will be coming home tomorrow if he is feeling this good tomorrow!
Of course she said it may be the antibiotics making him feel better for now, but we're going to keep our fingers crossed.
I had to take the digital and get a picture. He looks 100x's better than he did yesterday morning.
Look at that sweet smile:D
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBB1259A1_1.jpg
He got lots of hugs and kisses from all of you and then a bunch from me! We even took a small walk and he peed alot;)
PT prayers are the best ever!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Woo hoo Angus!!! :D

Glad to hear he's feeling better, Anna! Let's hope it continues! :)

We're all rootin' for ya, big boy!

slick
06-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh Angus, what a sweet facie. I'm soooo happy that you will be going home tomorrow. All of us are so worried, but we know that Pet Talk prayers to help and you'll be all better soon.

Anna, you must be breathing a sigh of relief right now.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah! Way to go Angus!!! :D :D Do they have a smiley that represents a grin so big I think my face is going to break? :D

So if the antibiotics are making him feel better, maybe it's just some sort of infection - gee I sure hope so, that would be so wonderful. :D

Angus you just keep getting better and better now, you hear?

{{{big hugs}}} to you Anna, you must be weak with relief, I know I am. :)

However, good thoughts and prayers are still heading your way, we're not totally out of the woods yet.....

Dogz
06-25-2004, 03:15 PM
They say Rotties are fighters; what a great fighter Angus is. :)

Whoohoo! Way to go, Angus! I lit a candle last night and said a prayer for you; PT prayers work so well!

I am still praying that you will have a full recovery and that you can go home! :D

*hugs*

jazzcat
06-25-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm so glad he is feeling better!!!

Cataholic
06-25-2004, 03:16 PM
I am so glad I checked back! Hello Angus, you sweet boy. So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Here's hoping you will be home tomorrow.

shais_mom
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Oh I am so glad I checked in also!
Prayers on the way that the big boy gets to come home Saturday!!!

tatsxxx11
06-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Look at that sweet, beautiful face:D:D:D Oh Anna, you must be weak in the knees from relief! We're going to stay cautiously optimistic that dear Angus continues to do well and COMES HOME TOMORROW!!!:) Prayers continue for you sweetheart! We're doing a big happy dance in your honor!!!:D Oh, how good it was to see your precious face Angus:) Love, hugs and slurpy licks to you from Sandra, Cody and Star:)

RobiLee
06-25-2004, 03:25 PM
This is great news!!

You can do this, Angus. Keep on staying strong, big boy, so you can go home tomorrow.

More prayers on the way for Angus and the whole gang!

{{{HUGS}}}........Robin

Glacier
06-25-2004, 03:26 PM
What a sweet face!

This is starting to sound like what happened to my Preacher last fall. He suddenly got very sick--stopped eating, throwing up, dark, tarry stools. He spent close to a week at the vet. He was so dehydrated that his kidneys were shutting down. He was on an IV to rehydrate him and tons of anti-biotics. It took about ten days for him to recover, but then he was back to normal, like nothing was ever wrong. We never figured out what caused the illness in the first place.

Vermontcat
06-25-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm glad to hear that Angus is doing better and that he should be home tomorrow!:)

DogLover9501
06-25-2004, 03:39 PM
:D Oh, Anna!!! I am soooooo happy!! I am so glad hes not bleeding anymore, is eating a bit and drinking!!

I will still keep him in my thoughts, as I always have anyway :p

Angus, you are so dern handsome! We love you so much!!

Sudilar
06-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh handsome, Angus, that is such good news!!! I do believe in miracles! Continued prayers so that you will be home tomorrow!! Woohoo.

dukedogsmom
06-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Well, this time I have happy tears. One look at that sweet face and that was all it took. I'm so relieved. I hope he continues to do well and is tucked in his own bed tomorrow night for a great night's sleep. Good boy, Angus! We knew you could do it. He's still got my angels until he doesn't need them any more.

Tina
06-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Such great news! :D

Anna I'm so glad to hear that Angus is doing better! I will continue to keep him in my thoughts.

jenfer
06-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I am glad that there are more good news! :) Hugs to you, Anna and Angus.:D

ChrisH
06-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Aww, just look at his lovely face and that sweet, sweet smile. :D

I am so happy to hear he is feeling better, and that he may be back home tommorrow. :D

Continuing with the prayers and positive thoughts for dearest, sweetest, Angus Rottie boy.

Big Hugs and much love
Chris

micki76
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Anna that's a million dollar smile! :D I'm so glad he's feeling better. What has the vet said about the mass in his abdomen? Is it still there? What are his/her thoughts on that?

As you can see I'm still concerned and unless I missed it, I didn't see anything further about that scary sounding mass.

lbaker
06-25-2004, 05:56 PM
My big Daddy Dog Badger, a few years ago, was with the WhiteCoats for 10 days with some unidentified "e-coli" infection and vet kept saying "IF" he comes home. Well Whitecoats pulled him through, ladies and gents at the hospital fell in love & fought over brushing him. To make this short.. he is sleeping now under my feet at the 'puter and went to PA with Jenny & me for a PT Meeting and after that is still the best darn DaddyDog in the world! YOU GO ANGUS. Please make this a happy ending for all of us that love you sooo much.

countrycowgirl
06-25-2004, 06:02 PM
so glad to hear that you are doing better!:D ... look at you smile you are such a strong sweet boy.... hugs to you angus and anna and mark!:D

Moose
06-25-2004, 06:13 PM
It's so great to hear some good news in the whole situation! :D:D:D

Our prayers will still be with you, though, until we know everything with Angus is back up and running. :)

Dot
06-25-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm so glad Angus is doing so well. Also glad that you got him to the vet's in time! I don't think he would have made it if you hadn't. It sounded very ominous!

:-Dot

molucass
06-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm glad to hear he's feeling better and that he's not bleeding anymore!!

Look at that sweet face! :D

*Hugs and belly rubs to Angus*

lizbud
06-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Anna,

Oh, I am so glad Angus is doing better now & that the surgery
was cancelled. What a relief. :) I hope he gets to feeling a little
better every day. It will be so good to know that he can probably
come home tomorrow. Lots of hugs & kisses to that sweetheart
boy. :D Angus looks so good in his picture from the doggie
hospital. Get totally better soon big guy.:) Liz & Smokey.

dappledoxie
06-25-2004, 08:18 PM
I am so sorry I missed this thread! OMG, I am so glad he is doing better, hugs and kisses Angus! I hope you get back home and back to normal and feeling great again!

ramanth
06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Yay Angus! I'm so happy to hear your feeling better and seeing your smile just made my day. :D Hugs and Love to you Angus!

Angus's Dad
06-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Anna that's a million dollar smile! :D I'm so glad he's feeling better. What has the vet said about the mass in his abdomen? Is it still there? What are his/her thoughts on that?

As you can see I'm still concerned and unless I missed it, I didn't see anything further about that scary sounding mass.
Hey guys, it's Ann here under Mark's id.

Of course silly me, I was so happy to see him and hear that he was going to possibly be coming home tomorrow I didn't even think to ask her:o I will definately ask tomorrow moring.
She was of course again asking if he could have gotten into anything and there wasn't a thing I could think of except the dead bird we found in the yard.
Like Glacier was saying, if he just gets better after this they really don't know what the problem could be since they couldn't tell anything from his bloodwork. She did say if nothing else maybe he had a really bad intestinal infection, otherwise who knows. If he does go back down hill after we bring him home then we will persue other avenues like the surgery. Let's just hope he comes home and does great!

They said I could come anywhere between 9 and noon and you better believe I'll be there first thing when they open:D And of course I'll have to take a few "Welcome Home" pictures of him. The girls are starting to miss big brother, expecially Roxey.

Again I can't say how much all your words, thoughts and prayers mean to both Mark & I.
I'll update again tomorrow.
Anna

RobiLee
06-25-2004, 09:26 PM
So great to hear from you, Anna. Thanks for the update!

I can't wait to see pics of Angus at HOME!!! I will be so happy when I get to see that.

{Hugs} and more prayers coming...Robin :)

Kfamr
06-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Our thoughts are still with you guys. :)

I'm so glad to hear such great news, and how happy he looks to be able to see his momma. Keep smiling boy... can't wait to see you home! :D

countrycowgirl
06-25-2004, 09:31 PM
you guys are still in my thoughts and prayers glad to hear such a wonderful update!:) ...... I can't wait to see pics of you at home sweet angus boy!

Fett
06-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Kim told me about poor Angus! :( I'm glad he's feeling better, he was such a good boy last time at the dog park.

Best wishes to him. I said a prayer for him. :)

Corinna
06-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Prayers still going from Montana to Angus.

4 Dog Mother
06-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Prayers still coming from Findlay, OH. Miraces do happen!

Canis Amicus
06-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh Angus, I am so glad you are better now, and I hope you'll be back home very, very soon.

Angus, tomorrow at the Sunday mass, I will sing (Choir) Haydn's The Creation Mass (Shoepfungsmesse), you are one of the most sweet and beautiful of God's Creations, and I will dedicate this mass to you, dear boy.

My best wishes for you and your family.

Rosana
and
Rex

trayi52
06-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Really happy to hear that Angus is doing better. He really looks happy and well in the picture.

I will continue to keep Angus in my prayers and keep sending good thoughts your way.

Willie:)

NoahsMommy
06-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Sweet Angus,

I'm glad to see you're going to get to come home tomorrow! :) I'll be praying you'll be all better and it was just a bed episode that wont be repeated.

Take care sweetie. Take care Anna and Mark.

Love,
Kelly

lynnestankard
06-26-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh Anna - great pic of big lovely Angus - sending great big sloppy kisses over the miles! xxxx

Hoping you will bring him home today - I know we're a little bit ahead of you - but I had to call back and let you know I'm keeping up the prayers and crossed fingers (paws) here - I DO hope he comes home {{{Hugs}}} to you all.

Lynne

ChrisH
06-26-2004, 06:33 AM
It is 12.32 pm here so I reckon it's around 7.32am over there in Ohio ... around one and a half hours to go until you go get dear Angus. Praying and hoping all goes well and we will be seeing pictures of him back home. And I bet he will have the biggest grin ever on that handsome sweet face, being surrounded by everyone he loves and who loves him. Can't wait to see it!

Big hugs to you all
Chris

Kfamr
06-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Only about an hour or so until sweet Angus comes home. :D
Can't wait!

Sudilar
06-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Hoping that Angus will be home soon!

Rachel
06-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Having just seen this thread, I am so glad to see that things are looking a little brighter for Angus. Prayers and good wishes seem to have been coming in a constant stream for this good boy. I do want to add my prayer to those of the many others that Angus will recover and enjoy many more years with his Mommy and Daddy and those rambunctious siblings.

Pam
06-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Look at that sweet smile:D
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBB1259A1_1.jpg

Anna I think he overheard the vet talking and knows that he is coming home. ;) He really does look sooo happy!!! :) I can't wait to see the welcome home pictures and hear how he is doing. I know you will probably go a little over the speed limit this morning as you head over to pick up your sweetie. Gosh I wish he could read this thread. I think it would make him feel even better just knowing how many PTers here love him! :)

delidog
06-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Oh My Dog!!!:eek: :eek:
I just saw this thread,Anna....
I had no idea sweet Angus was under the weather....
But I see now that he should be onhis way home as I am writing this......
So Please know that You,Mark and Sweet Angus are in our thoughts & prayers....

lbaker
06-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Last night two different guy friends stopped by to say hello and both asked "what's with the candle" I said "it's for Angus" and explained. They both said prayers for him too. Please doG, keep Angus well.

gini
06-26-2004, 09:56 AM

Now that is a face that needs a big kiss. What a sweety you are Angus.

I hope you are coming home almost 100% your old self!

anna_66
06-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, he didn't get to come home this morning:(

He had bad black tarry poo last night but luckily no throwing up.
I did get to take him for a long (about 15 minutes) walk this morning and he had diarreah (sp?) again:( His eyes were getting droopy again and they were hooking his IV back up as I was leaving. I spent about an hour and 1/2 there just loving and petting him.

Dr Young said she's totally decided against any kind of invasive procedures after seeing his mobility. He is very wobbly and has lost alot of weight. His shoulders are now sticking out as he walks and his butt looks ever so small:(

I asked her what she would do if he were her dog. She said to be very honest she would put him on steroids, a new antibiotic and the coating agent for his intestines they have him on now. If he's feeling better tonight or tomorrow morning they will let him come home. She asked me if him having diarrah would bother us...of course not. We would cover up anything we have to just to have him home and she was glad to hear that. She thinks him coming home will make him feel at least a little better.

So needless to say we will never have an answer on what's wrong with him.
The way I feel when she talks to me is that what little bit of time he has left, she wants him to spend with his family.
I honestly don't think he has much, but who am I to say.

I wish I had better news. Sorry I write a book evertime I post but it seems like I have so much to say. I feel like this rollercoaster ride will never end.

Please keep the prayers coming and I will let you know when I have any new news.

DogLover9501
06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh, Anna :(

Im sorry he didn't get to come home, I've been waiting for news all morning!

I hope the sterioids helps him, and I hope he gets to come home very, very soon!

Prayers and good thoughts still going out for "our" boy.

Angus, please feel better soon :(

gini
06-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh Anna, my heart goes out to you.

More prayers are on their way for you, Angus and your family.

Karen
06-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Angus, love, we want you to feel better. We know you won't ever be a young dog again, but we just want you well enough to be home with your family. I'm sure you want that, too. You will be in our prayers still. You need to get home and supervise those girls - who knows what they've been up to in your absence!

ChrisH
06-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh, Anna ... this is so hard. :( I am doubling up on those prayers and positive thoughts for Angus.

Dear lady, no more sorry for how much, or whatever, you write. That is why we are here. We love you.

Huge hugs and much love
Chris

Dogz
06-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh, Anna, I am so sorry that Angus did not get to come home. :( I cannot imagine what you are going through.

My prayers are still coming from Minnesota.

tatsxxx11
06-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Anna, I'm so sorry Angus wasn't able to come home this morning:(:(:( Hopefully the medications will get him over this bout and soon he'll be home where he belongs, with you and Mark and Huney and Roxy. Praying harder than ever for Angus' recovery. Angus, we love you sweetheart. My thoughts are with you, Anna. {{{HUGS}}}

Moose
06-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh no. :( Anna, I'm so sorry. Our prayers are still with you, and we hope that Angus will be able to come home soon.

CountryWolf07
06-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Where have I been? I just found this thread! I am so sorry, Anna. I'll be praying for you and for Angus.

chocolatepuppy
06-26-2004, 11:39 AM
So sorry that Angus isn't coming home today. I will continue to pray for him and pray that he gets to come home soon.

Canis Amicus
06-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Angus, prayers and prayers again and again for your recovery.
I am so sorry you could not be back home today. Hope tomorrow you will be better.
Rosana
and
Rex

bluekat
06-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Oh Anna I'm so sorry:( But don't worry, we will continue to pray and keep Angus in our thoughts and I'm sure he will get better very soon!:(
{{{hugs}}}

RobiLee
06-26-2004, 12:02 PM
:( I just got home from work and I was so hoping to hear good news.

Please, Angus sweetie, Fight really hard now. You have it in you. I know you do.

Hang in there, Anna. We are all here for you.

Lots of love....Robin

lynnestankard
06-26-2004, 12:20 PM
:( :( Anna:( :( How sad this is - I've just arrived home and was convinced Smiley Boy Angus would be home with you and Mark.

I'm just so sorry for you and I'm increasing the prayer power from this end - {{{Hugs}}} and loving thoughts.

C'mon Angus - Get Well soon for Mummy and Daddy and ALL the Pet Talkers who love you dearly xxxx

Lynne

aly
06-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Anna,

Don't apologize for writing so much. We are here for you and want you to write as much as you can so we can give you our prayers and support. I hope Angus will come home and get better. Strange things happen sometimes. Maybe this is a freak illness and he's on the road to recovery. I will keep the prayers coming.

dukedogsmom
06-26-2004, 12:25 PM
I am so very sorry. I just got home and this is the first thing I checked. I was so sure that he would be doing better. All my guardian angels are still with him so I hope they see fit to let Angus stay with us all a good while longer. If they don't, I hope they all give you the comfort and love from all of us at PT. Please get well, Angus. We don't want you to leave yet.

lizbud
06-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry that Angus didn't get to come home yet.:( His Vet
does sound like a very good one who is considering everything
in his treatment. Once the infection clears up & Angus starts on
his steriods, you should see a big difference in Angus. Here's
hoping more rest, meds. and TLC will do the trick here. Get well
soon Angus. We love ya.:) Liz & Smokey.

p.s. Anna, just wanted to say please don't apologize for "writing
a book". We all want to know how things are with you & Angus.
I read every word. Hugs to you guys.{{{HUGS}}}

trayi52
06-26-2004, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry Angus didn't get to come home with you. I know you was just waiting for the time to roll around so you could go get him and bring him back home.

I will keep praying and sending good thoughts your way for our sweet and beautiful Angus.:(

Willie

Albea
06-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Anna,
I've been away from PT for several weeks and I'm so sorry that I just found out about sweet Angus illness. Nevertheless, please know that prayers and good thoughts are going his way and yours.
He'll be much happier when the vet lets you take him home with you, best wishes for a complete recovery.

Dot
06-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Bummer! You and Mark stay strong for Angus, and take comfort in knowing you have given him a long, happy life in a loving home! No person or pet could ask for more!

-Dot ;-(

Holly's mom
06-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh, I am sorry that Angus didn't get to come home. Hopefully the new medication will work and he will soon be home with you. Get well soon, sweet Angus!!

K9soul
06-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Anna, I don't even know what to say. Words seem so inadequate and I'm sure everyone here feels the same as they try to find the words to comfort and support you. It brings back heartrending memories of feelings I have gone through before. It is so hard, the ultimate price we pay in our love for our pets, but one all of us are willing to suffer because of their perfect love and devotion.

I pray with all my heart that Angus will get to come home and be with you, without pain or suffering. I know he'd feel better to come home and be with those he loves. Thoughts, prayers, and candles burning in hope for you, dear Angus.

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry I've beenaway fromthe pomputer for the last 24 hours or so,admissed the ups and down of coming home. I hope things are going better this afternoon, and that sweet Angus will be home soon. We're keeping the prayers and postive thoughts coming.

Sudilar
06-26-2004, 02:49 PM
I am so sorry that Angus can't come home yet. Hoping that he will be with you soon. Hang in there, we are all still praying for you!

Marie410
06-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I saw all the Sigs for Angus and I followed them here. I am so sorry to hear he is not feeling well. I know how hard it is to see our fur babies sick and not be able to do anything except pray for their comfort and pray that they get well soon. Please know that I am praying for him, too.

countrycowgirl
06-26-2004, 03:04 PM
oh anna, I am sorry... we will be praying extra hard here.... please get better angus....../((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

RubyMutt
06-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh Anna, I haven't been able to get your sweet boy out of my mind since I first read this thread. It's heartbreaking. I'm so sad to hear he didn't get to come home today :( He is such a lucky boy to have such wonderful parents like you and Mark. Be strong sweet Angus.

(((HUGS)))

Tina
06-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh,Anna

I'm so sorry to hear that Angus didn't get to come home. :( I will be hoping and praying he will be able come home to his family soon.

ramanth
06-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh Anna, we're so sorry to hear that Angus didn't get to come home. :( We missed you guys at the dog park and thought about you.

Don't feel bad. I too read every word you write. :)

Hugs and Love to Angus.

Kfamr
06-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh no. :(
I have goosebumps reading this..... I want to cry but I don't want to lose hope.

Angus.. hang in thre buddy..We're all thinking of you, we all love you, and we all would be horrified if you left us.

tatsxxx11
All day my mind has been on you Anna and Angus. I don't know how to make a special sig for you precious boy, but I want you to know that every moment I'm thinking of you and him and hoping for a miracle. Please God, let Anna's Angus come home to her:(

*LabLoverKEB*
Anna, I am soooo sorry that sweet dear Angus didn't get to go home. Poor sweet boy. But it's for the better. Hope he will get well soon. My love to you and Angus.:)

slick
06-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Prayers from the West Coast coming over to you guys. I don't understand why they don't know what wrong. Get better sweet boy. We love you! I can't imagine how hard this must be on you Anna. Please know that I'm cyber-hugging you and offer up as much moral support as I can give.

Rachel
06-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Please God, let Anna's Angus come home to her:(

Amen.

slleipnir
06-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Anna, I just saw this now. I'm so sorry that he didn't get to come home today but I hope he will soon :)

dukedogsmom
06-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Anna, I saved this page on my computer so you could see some of the candles lit for Angus. He's been on my mind all day. How's he doing? Please check in soon and let us know, ok? Darn, it won't let me give it to you as an attachment. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send them both to you.

sammy101
06-26-2004, 08:03 PM
My dalmation was throwing up yellow stuff too.and she started a couple of days before we had to put her to sleep.(she had kidney disease):( i dont mean to scare you or anything.She wouldnt eat either.then when she ate she would throwup her food.:( this was in April.She lost alot of weight and was weak. Im so sorry that Angus is not well,i hope that he gets well soon

Sevens
06-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry he couldn't come home yet.

Still praying for Angus and you and your family.

Hugs,

Stephanie, Brian, Bailey and Guinness

anna_66
06-26-2004, 08:48 PM
HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!
Dr Young called at about 6:15 this evening and told us that he was up and about, urinating fine and even barking:D Think he was telling them he wanted to go home!

I called off work tonight just so I could be home in case he got to come home...and he did! We couldn't be more happy than we are right now:D

All he wanted to do on the way home was stick his head out the window. I think the air on his face felt so good to him:)

Man were the girls ever excited to see him! They were all over him and were following him where ever he went. Can you believe he even felt good enough to play with his big red ball?! It made us feel good that he felt well enough to play! Of course these words just can't explain the feelings that we're feeling right now. I just want to jump for joy!!!

I'm uploading the pictures I took of him this evening and will be making a new post with them in it.

Again from the bottom of our hearts thank you for all your hopes and prayers....they've really worked!

Love Anna, Mark, Angus, Roxey and Huney

BIG {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all:D:D:D

LuckiLab03
06-26-2004, 08:50 PM
YAY ANGUS! I'm very very very glad that you are feeling better :)

Karen
06-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Yay! Angus is home! Weeeeeee! Oh, goody goody goody!

GoldenRetrLuver
Yippee! What great news!! :D

Big {{HUGS}} to you, Angus boy and Anna!

Can't wait to see the pictures! Looking forward to it!

:D

zippy-kat
Aww!!! What great news!

Still in my prayers,
Zip

dukedogsmom
06-26-2004, 08:55 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy to hear this. I've been depressed today and had him in the back of my mind all day long. I hope he continues to prosper and I know everyone tonight will sleep better. I know I will. And, I'm giving Duke some extra loving, just because :D

Corinna
06-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Yaaaaaaa Angus way to go buddy you tell them when you want to go home.

shais_mom
06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh I am so relieved and Happy!
As soon as I got home I ran to the computer with Phred on the phone to give the update before he came home!!
Off to see the other pics!

Kfamr
06-26-2004, 09:04 PM
I'M DYING OF EXCITEMENT!!

Angus, PLEASE feel better from now on...... don't leave home ever again!!

We love you boy!

{{HUGS to all}}

RobiLee
06-26-2004, 09:08 PM
YAY!!!! This is just wonderful!

You rock, Angus!!!! I knew you could do it.

I'm so happy for you all, Anna.

{{{HUGS}}}.....Robin :D

trayi52
06-26-2004, 09:09 PM
OMG, What great news, I am so happy to hear you have our sweet Angus home!

Now, Angus you stay well and don't you get sick again! We just love you too much!

Willie:D

dukedogsmom
06-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Didn't want to resize this one
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/welcomeangus.jpg
I am so happy. Give him a super big hug from me.

slleipnir
06-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Yaaaayy! So glad he's home! I bet he's one happy guy to be back home too :)

Sudilar
06-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Wooooohooooo! Great news. Glad you are home, Angus. Continue to heal and get stronger!!!

popcornbird
06-27-2004, 01:55 AM
We *just* finished moving today, so I missed this thread completely. I've been away from PT for a few days, and missed so much.

I was so worried when I found this thread tonight, but grateful to read the good news at the end. Thank God Angus is now home, and feeling better. Keep us updated, and I wish to hear more good news on Angus in the coming days!

:D

ChrisH
06-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Yaaaaaay! Angus is home!! :D :D :D Wonderful, wonderful, happy news!!:D :D

WELCOME HOME DARLING BOY!

Big, big, hugs and kisses!

Chris :)

... off to find the pictures! :D

lynnestankard
06-27-2004, 05:06 AM
HURRAY!!!!

(I've posted on the new thread!!)

Lynne

delidog
06-27-2004, 05:20 AM
Woo Hoo!!!!!

Yeah Angus!!!!

What a Great Vet to let you come after 7 on a Sat. and fetch him...most would make him stay till Mon.

Congratulations Dear Angus!!!

And Anna & Mark

Stay Well,Dear Angus!!!

Logan
06-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Anna, I have been gone for over a week and have just finished reading this thread. My emotions have gone from :eek: to :( to :) to :( and back to :). I am just delighted that you have your boy back home where he belongs. I know he must feel 100% better just being there with you and Mark and the girls.

Please know that you and Mark, and of course, Angus, will be in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I am so sorry I didn't know of this earlier (although I don't know what I could have done other than pray extra hard).

Love,
Logan

Canis Amicus
06-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Angus, I am so happy you are back home again!!!

In fact the mass was for St. Peter and Paul's day. I prayed to St.Peter keep the Pearly Gates tight closed for you.

Hugs and kisses.

Rosana
and
Rex

Marie410
06-27-2004, 07:02 AM
I am so glad to hear your baby is home where he belongs. How could it have turned out any differently with all this support and prayer :D

Welcome Home Angus!!! :D :D :D

gini
06-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Your pure joy just screams out from this thread!

I am so happy for you and your family. I can just imagine you watching Angus playing again - that must have been another big tug on your heart - but in such a good way.

You have been through a lot in the last few days and fully deserve the happy change of events!

YOOOHOOOOOO for ANGUS!!!

bluekat
06-27-2004, 11:25 AM
WELCOME HOME ANGUS!!!:D I'm SO glad to hear that he's feeling better, I knew he would come home soon, with all the PT prayers:D Can't wait for the pics!

stacwase
06-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Angus must be so happy to be home where he belongs. You are wonderful parents.

Stenograsaurus
06-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I was away from vacation all week and just saw this thread. Oh, Anna, what a roller coaster ride!!!! I am so glad Angus is home resting and spending his days with the ones he loves. Give him a big hug and lots of kisses from me. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

luckies4me
06-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I just now had the chance to read the thread from beginning to end. I tried hard to hold back the tears, but it was impossible. I am so so happy he is back home now where he belongs, with his sisters and his wonderful mom and dad. We love you Angus!!!

How is he doing today?

anna_66
06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Cass,
I've added a thread about him being home HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52194) with pictures and new updates:)