PDA

View Full Version : More kid traditions

sirrahbed
06-23-2004, 08:05 PM
SHEESH - am I waxing sentimental or what? Maybe too many Chicken Soup book? Maybe it is because my first grandchild is about to be born...whatever:D

I just thought of SEVERAL fun and funny things that I did with my kids when they were small and wonder what some of you moms and kids might remember doing as well.

First was potty training:eek: My first two were boys and we had two great games that made it funner and easier!! One was "sink the ship" - float a piece of toilet paper in the water, aim fire and sink the ship!!!

Second was "bubbles" - put a squirt of dish soap in the bowl - aim, fire and make bubbles!!!!:rolleyes:

Now anyone afraid of monsters in the dark??? Several of my small children decided there were monsters in the bedroom. I would spary "monster spray" in the room. (It was cologne:D ) As long as they could smell it, they were safe. A few minutes of deep breathing and they were fast asleep.

OH! One more! When they had trouble sleeping and needed one more kiss. I would kiss their hand and have them close their fist to hold it inside. If they needed a kiss later or when they woke up, the kiss would still be in their fist!!

Anyone else???:D

Corinna
06-23-2004, 09:13 PM
This will be an intresting thread.
Potty training of boy .We had floating candles you had to aim and put it out. I kept lomng tongs and a bucket of bleach and a huge supply of candles.

LoudLou
06-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't have Skin Kids of my own, but I took care of someone elses, (5 kids all under the age of 7, the twins were the last!!) with all 4 of the boys I used Cheerios or Froot Loops for Sink the Ship. I also got some books like, Everyone Poops (My Body Science). They worked well.

Never thought about using soap! Sirrahbed, you are Brilliant! (Tiny Bubbles...)

I was potty trained with books. I'd sit in there for hours with this huge stack of books even if I didn't have to go... Unfortunately, to the day I still have to read something to go! :eek: :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
06-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Everyone Poops (My Body Science).

ROFLOL!:D There is actually a book called "Everyone Poops"?? I gotta have it!!! (for my grandchild of course):o
~the roving toilet reporter

trayi52
06-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Debbie, that just sounds so cute and sweet! LOL, I'll have to suggest that to my kids if they decide to have more children!

Hmmm, monster spray, great idea!

I will have to think of some of the things that my kids and I did, but I'll be back!

This is going to be a great thread! Great idea, Debbie!

Willie

LoudLou
06-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
ROFLOL!:D There is actually a book called "Everyone Poops"?? I gotta have it!!! (for my grandchild of course):o
~the roving toilet reporter

http://www.everyonepoops.com/bookstore/default.asp?sc=1

Some more great books... Amazon or any other book store should have'em.... Uh Oh! Gotta Go!: Potty Tales from Toddlers
by Bob McGrath, Shelley Dieterichs .... Koko Bear's New Potty: A Practical Parenting Read-Together Book (Lansky, Vicki. Practical Parenting Read-Together Book.)
by Vicki Lansky, Jane Prince ..... The Boys liked Pop-Up books - What Do You Do With A Potty? An Important Pop-up Book
by Marianne Borgardt, Maxie Chambliss :D

G.P.girl
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
, Everyone Poops (My Body Science). They worked well.

OMG! i had that book too! actually my brother had it (he's 4 years younger than me) and i thought it was soooo funny! lol