PDA

View Full Version : "Housebreaking" cat.

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Is there something in your home that you protected against your cat for the longest time, then finally threw up your hands and said, "Go ahead, tear it up...."
:rolleyes:

Is there something your cat has knocked over/broken that you were able to instantly forgive them for?

I send Edward to my mom's house to break things.:cool:

Catsnclay
06-23-2004, 06:46 PM
When Fluffy finally was allowed inside, we had another cat, Willie at the time that hated everyone and Fluffy had just received stiches and was told by the Vet to keep him indoors and quiet for a week, we knew he was feeling better when he started wanting out.

It was about 2 am (isn't it always?! :rolleyes: ) when Fluffy decided that he wanted out. He did the usual howling, but he wasn't allowed out, so we were trying to ignore him........

Then there was this CRASH......Tim got downstairs first, and by the time I got down there, I found Tim holding Fluffy by the neck....nose to nose :eek: :eek: I calmly told Tim to drop the kitty (by this time Fluffy was not moving, but his eyes were huge) and after Fluffy was released I noticed that he had gotten up on top of the cabinets in the kitchen .....we had expensive, one of a kind Oriential plates up there. Well, apparently he wanted out, so to get our attention.....:mad:... need I say any more??!!

Needless to say he got our attention that night, and Fluffy & Tim have now patched things up and have become the best of friends. As a matter of fact, Fluffy completely ignores me when Tim is around! :rolleyes: :eek:

CatMama78
06-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Oh my gosh - this is a bit embarrassing to admit. My boyfriend's mother was kind enough to refabric our dining room chairs for us. She bought the fabric and re did them for us for Christmas. We-ell, the guys love to use it as a scratching post and while I fought them at first, I've given up. They are completely torn up now! The thing is, we never eat at the table and never use the chairs. But still, they were a gift in a way :(. Oh well, she understands.

slick
06-23-2004, 07:17 PM
CM78: I had a similar problem.

My dining room set is small and I bought it from a friend about 12 yrs ago. The seats are velour and the rest is Oak. For the longest time I would spray Max everytime he wanted to scratch his nails on the wood, but last year I just gave up. Now the chairs are covered with scratch marks (not on the seat but on the wood) and I wouldn't even be able to give it away free. Same as you, I don't use the table and chairs at all and I never have company over so what the heck.

Oh well, kids will be kids :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Barbara
06-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Our sofa. It had be newly done in a fabric with light coral and sand stripes when Tigris arrived. He used to lie under it and scartch his way along until long threads were hanging out:(

We put a cloth over it and still (after 7 years) are not sure what to do with it. :o :o :o

Whether I forgave him? I'm not sure yet.;)

When I met Sallyanne's kitties I noticed that Filou and Tigris are really much calmer now (Sallyanne's are 1, 1+ and 3, F+T are 8) but just to prove he isn't that old, Tigris kicked a bottle of red grape juice from the counter yesterday. I won't describe the mess. Just imagine:eek:

catmandu
06-24-2004, 09:23 AM
I thought thatthe Expensive Lift Chair , that I inherited from My Dad , was safe , but when I movedit to clean , the back , of it was thorughly scratched!And I break , an manty things as the Cats, so the guilt is divided!

mruffruff
06-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Late last night I heard a loud noise in the kitchen. Since I keep the dogs in the bedroom and let the cats have run of the house while I sleep, it was easier to ignore until morning.

"Someone" got into the dish drainer and knocked a couple of crockery cat dishes onto the floor, dumped a few books out of the bookcase and toppled the clock.

Nothing serious! Gotta love those cats.

Mary

catnapper
06-24-2004, 11:15 AM
What a great thread idea!!!

Not that they are destroying it, but Allen insisted that my laundry basket for thngs-to-be-ironed was more Allen-worthy thatn it was laundry-worthy. I finally gave up and piled old towels in there for His Highness to sit in complete comfort.

Now I'm about to give up in the basement... Pouncer insists that its a fun place to be. So I did a top to bottom cleaning the other day and he's as happy as can be. The past few days, I've found him napping in the Chruistmas ornament box - on top of a pile of fake pine garlands. I guess I'll throw some old blankets on top of that for him! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by mruffruff

"Someone" got into the dish drainer and knocked a couple of crockery cat dishes onto the floor, dumped a few books out of the bookcase and toppled the clock.

I hate it when dogs do stuff like that.
;)

Edward broke a glass candle holder at my mom's house.....

He's perfect at home:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2004, 03:18 PM
My mom in laws cats LOVED getting into the plants and knocking dirt all over. She tried spraying them, swating them, puting smelly stuff on the pots to discurage curious cats...nothing worked. Finaly she gave up and the night she decided to, we all woke up to multiple crashes. The cats knocked over EVERY PLANT in the living room and kitchen. Broke two pots and dirt was everywhere. :rolleyes:

They've never gotten into the plants again though!! Guess once was enough for a cheap thrill...