PDA

View Full Version : Had a fight w/ a friend/concert last night..

CountryWolf07
06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Ok.. my friend bailed out on me last night..

What a nice friend, letting me know AN HALF HOUR BEFORE we were gonna go - and she said she had to watch her nephew, and basically she has NO fun at all, and she is so complicated. She does this all the time, she agrees to go with me, then she changes her mind or has a plan up at the last minute. She said she'd go with me, and that was LAST WEEK!

I'm not being selfish, I'm trying not to, but I am TRYING to help her change her attitude about life - she is all about work, work, and work, and she doesn't have any fun - she's always afraid to try new things, etc. I gave her a chance, and she blew/lost it..

So I went alone anyway..

The concert was fun...It was interesting..

You guys are gonna laugh.. I don't know how the **** I pulled it off or what.. but I was allowed to drink! Hahaha.. I guess I showed some guy my ID and he gave me a paper wrist that said "Drinking Age Verified", so I guess... ha, I was allowed. So I just wanted to see if I ACTUALLY could get a drink and I did. I got a regular Mike's Hard Lemonade, and that was good!

I had fun w/out my friend, and I met up with a few online friends who were there too - ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT SHE MISSED OUT A **** OF A TIME and I HAD A BLAST! OMG, this guy, I don't know who he is, but he was very nice, he kept asking me if I wanted to sit on his shoulders because he felt bad that I couldn't see anything - everybody was standing - and I was like, ok, why not - so I did.. I think I got some good pics of Gretchen & Trent Willmon - Trent was pretty good!

AND.. a guy asked me if I wanted anything to drink when I was at the bar.. LOL.. so I said.. a budlight.. and well I got one.. and he paid for it, how funny..

Ha.. and gotta go w/ the flow.

RobiLee
06-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Sounds like you had a great time!

Kudos for going ahead by yourself and having fun anyways!!

Shame on you for sneaking those drinks, Bad Girl! ;)

Robin :)

P.S...Now I have to slip into mother mode here:rolleyes: ....I don't know if you were there when the guy bought the beer or if he brought it to you but always keep your drink with you from the start and don't leave it and then go back to it later. You never know what someone might slip into your drink when you aren't looking. Ok, end of lecture. Sorry about that..but...I care! :p

ramanth
06-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry your friend bailed. :( Some people can never change.

Who did you see?

(And I echo Robin's mommy mode. ;) )

CountryWolf07
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Thank you - Oh, I didn't drink it, though - I just gave it to my friend anyway. :P He was at least 21 and he drank beer - I hate beer.

I went to see Gretchen Wilson & Trent Willmon.

Also - I didn't want the arguement to ruin my fun, so - I went - I've been wanting to go, so I went, if I didnt, I would've regretted it.

wolf_Q
06-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry that happened! Hope you two can work things out.

You shouldn't be drinking alcohol, you're not old enough sweetie! Did I sound like a mom? :p

CountryWolf07
06-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

You shouldn't be drinking alcohol, you're not old enough sweetie! Did I sound like a mom? :p
:p

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Always strikes me as peculiar - in America kids can go and fight for their country, get married - but NOT drink alcohol!!

Over here it's 18 - throughout the whole country - it's not a case of different counties (states) have a different age limit.

CW - you would be allowed to drink here :)

What Robin said is a definite must do - keep your drink with you at all times, don't leave it or give it someone to hold - no matter how much of a friend they are. Be careful out there.......

Lynne

Corinna
06-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Ok another mom mode. :( But glad you had a good time some people are just ment to be workers .

Cataholic
06-25-2004, 10:22 AM
He he he...while I am a mom to be..I still say nothin' wrong with drinking a little (other than it is illegal :D ).

I am glad you went, despite your friend's last minute bail.