PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #60 or I finally hit 5000!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 11:12 AM
:(
I finally hit 5000 posts!
Nary a soul noticed.
Well, I'll still buy the first round of drinks.
Come on Mario, you get to have the first beer!
:D

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Nary a soul noticed.
Well, I'll still buy the first round of drinks.
Come on Mario, you get to have the first beer!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Here's a toast to the inventor of 'catnip tea'
and one of the more falthful Thursday regulars!

To catnip tea, cherry limeade,
Giant onion rings, more Thursdays to come
and 5000 posts!!!!!

Cheers!!!

Mario!

To the Batcave!!

gini
06-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Well, *I* noticed - so there!:D :D

I accept your generous offer of a drink, even this early in the morning. Maybe just a coffee if that is alright with you?

I just rented "Being John Malkovich" because I had never seen it.

Through the entire movie I laughed because there is a monkey named Elijah in the movie. He is so smart and he wears his little diaper and it made me think of Mario.

gini
06-23-2004, 11:25 AM
You know Richard, I would have beaten you to the punch on the post for MOFF if it wasn't for a certain cat who HAD JUST COME IN THE HOUSE...........that interrupted me because SHE WANTED BACK OUT!

I am nothing but a slave.

slick
06-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Nary a soul noticed.:D
No one noticed when I hit 5,000 either (that was a while ago) so what the heck, let's buy each other a beer.

Hi Gini, Hi Richard.

lbaker
06-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi MOFF. HI Gini, Slick and RICHARD. Have to drink and run today... on a quick lunch break during an all day training session about this stupid "new, improved" database system for tracking all our Members/Subscribers. Phooey. I want a quicky then must run *oh get your minds out of the gutter* ;) ;) In honor of MOFF I'll have some catnip tea, but maybe someone could splash a wee bit of brandy or something in the cup. See you all later, maybe at afternoon break.

catland
06-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Mo-Mo - and thanks for opening the bar early. I grow catnip for my gang so I don't need any catnip tea, but if you have the fixings for a Spanish Coffee - that would hit the spot right about now.

Gosh - all you 5000+ posers, I mean posters - congratuations to all of you.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by slick
No one noticed when I hit 5,000 either (that was a while ago) so what the heck, let's buy each other a beer.
DONE!
Hi, Slick, Hi, Gini, Hi Richard! Thanks for the thread Gini!
lbaker you may like catnip tea more if you were a cat but maybe you will start a new fad?!

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by catland
Congratulations Mo-Mo - and thanks for opening the bar early. I grow catnip for my gang so I don't need any catnip tea, but if you have the fixings for a Spanish Coffee - that would hit the spot right about now.

Gosh - all you 5000+ posers, I mean posters - congratuations to all of you.

LOOK WHO'S CLOSING ON ON 2000:D

HI EVERYONE!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LOOK WHO'S CLOSING ON ON 2000:D

HI EVERYONE!! I noticed too and started a thread!
Isn't it nice to have something to celebrate this week? :D

trayi52
06-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry, Moff, and Slick for not noticing! I guess thats one of my problems, I am not very observant!

So why don't we raise out glasses to Moff and Slick! Wait, give me a beer first.

Cheers to two of our sweetest Pet Talkers!!

Well, just look at that, even Mario is raising his beer for a cheer too!

Willie:D

Randi
06-23-2004, 12:08 PM
I'll be a good girl and start with a tea ..... is it OK with a splash a rom in it? I still have some Dominican left - there's enough for you all! :D

Cheers everybody!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

Well, just look at that, even Mario is raising his beer for a cheer too!

Willie:D Aw, how sweet. If it wasn't for Mario and the bar and all of you, I would not have reached 5000 for a year!

Thanks everyone!

lynnestankard
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone - first things first - Richard seeing as your behind the bar could I have a Margaritta please - well the sun is well over the yardarm here !!

WOW Moff and Slick celebrating 5,000 posts each and Cat land bringing up the rear with 2,000 - BEHAVE Richard! :D :D

Lynne

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by gini
Well, *I* noticed - so there!:D :D

I accept your generous offer of a drink, even this early in the morning. Maybe just a coffee if that is alright with you?

Through the entire movie I laughed because there is a monkey named Elijah in the movie. He is so smart and he wears his little diaper and it made me think of Mario.

Oh, criticize Mario's wardrobe....;)

Cafe...
DONE!

Laurie,
That's what you get for being modern!!!!:eek:

Catnip tea?

DONE!

MOFF,

Yes, it is nice to celebrate something fun!

Tray,
Beer for you!!

DONE!

Randi...

Tea and Rum for you! Thank you for sharing!

DONE!

Lynne,
I'm not 'bugging' anyone!! Leave me alone!:eek:

Have you tried the peach flavor yet?
Margarita, DONE!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 01:21 PM

Lynne,
I'm not 'bugging' anyone!! Leave me alone!:eek:

Have you tried the peach flavor yet?
Margarita, DONE!! Now don't go getting grumpy! If we left you alone, you would miss us!

Can I have a cherry limeade? and something fun to eat? I have no idea what that would be, I'm open for suggestions! :D

zippy-kat
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Happy 5000+ Moff!! :D

gini
06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Now don't go getting grumpy! If we left you alone, you would miss us!! :D

Do you mean like Grumpy of the Seven Dwarves?:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Happy 5000 MoMo!!! I don't notice post count too much because usually Im too interested in the actual post! Ugh Im getting up there in posts myself and I haven't even been here long! This bar is turning me into a blabermouth.

A Killians Irish Red please, and maybe a peach....yeah peaches sound good right now :D

And YES peaches and beer is a good combo.
Don't ask me...I think its a Nevada thing

I'm going to bring out the bbq, any requests?

catland
06-23-2004, 02:13 PM
ok - this is it - #2000

So for those of you just showing up, Mo-Mo is buying the first round but I'm buying the second round:D :D

Did someone just say BBQ? There are some ribs in the fridge that should be marinated by now - lets slap them on the grill!

RedHedd
06-23-2004, 02:15 PM
WOW! :eek: Double and quintuple pillars! That does call for a catnip tea!

slick
06-23-2004, 02:17 PM
ok - this is it - #2000

So for those of you just showing up, Mo-Mo is buying the first round but I'm buying the second round:D :D
Can I buy a square?? ;) :D

As usual I'm falling waaayyy behind....God I hate it when works gets in the way. :mad:

Is there a DOTD? If not, I'll take one of Richard's lime slushies. Got to get in practice for next month.

Congrats Catland and MOFF!

lbaker
06-23-2004, 02:23 PM
7 dwarfs huh? If RICHARD is Grumpy I guess I'll be Goofy - oops, wrong cartoon. How about Dopey? I forget all their names *ooooo, trivia* ;) Let's see: Grumpy, Dopey, Doc, Sleepy, Sneezy, Sleezy & Happy? :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Congrats MOFF, Slick and Catland!!!

In honor of the day, I'll take a cherry limeade with a splash of Randi's rum, some catnip tea for T & P and a HUGE plate of those yummy oversized onion rings that MOFF loves so much.

Matter of fact, since Catland is buying too, I'll take two of everything! The boss is gone for the day - whoo hoo! Let's celebrate!

Cel-a-brate good times, come on! :D

Oh, and my laptop didn't get delivered today, so I'm without it for another evening..... :(

Randi
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
I've been wondering about the onion rings for a long time - I think I could get hooked on them! :eek: What drink goes with them? ..... I'll have one of those, please! :)

It's midsummers night and it's been pouring down all day!! :( I guess I'll stay indoors and watch Persuaders! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 03:22 PM

Did someone just say BBQ? There are some ribs in the fridge that should be marinated by now - lets slap them on the grill!
YUMMY RIBS!
Isn't Mario cute with all that BBQ sauce on his face? What a saucy smile!!!!!

Randi, I like limeades or cherry limeades with onion rings!:D

slick
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok everyone, listen up!

I've got a huge platter of onion rings here with dipping sauce if you like it.

Mario...please use your napkin to wipe your face off, not your sleeve. :rolleyes: What are you gonna do????

MMMM thanks for the ribs whoever cooked them :) :)

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Now don't go getting grumpy! If we left you alone, you would miss us!

Can I have a cherry limeade? and something fun to eat? I have no idea what that would be, I'm open for suggestions! :D

I would miss you all!
Cherry limeade! Onion rings??

DONE!

DJ
Killian's red and a peach!

BBQ? :)

DONE!

How's about "Eat A Peach" by the Allman Brothers?

Catland,

How's about some Kebobs??

I'll slice and stick!
DONE!

RH,

Catnip tea?
Just don't scratch the furniture when you finish???;)

DONE!

T&P
2 Cherry limeade, 2 rum splashes, 4 catnip teas and two orders of giant onion rings!

My 'boss' is gone too...in three months since they hired him, he's been sick/hurt for almost 4 weeks
:mad:

Randi,

For the days when the bar is closed.:D

ONION RINGS

Ingredients
8 Large Onions
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
4 tbsp. Corn Meal
4 tbsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 Large Egg
1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp. Orange Food Color

Procedure
Combine flour, corn meal, onion powder, salt, milk, egg and water in a large mixing bowl and stir well and there are no lumps. Add food color if you prefer a nicer color to the finished batter. Slice the onions thick (about 1/2 inch). Use only the outer rings for best appearance and dip into batter. Drop coated rings into deep fryer and cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.

Speaking of Mario....isn't it time we had some new Mario pics????:D

RedHedd
06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
For the days when the bar is closed.:D

ONION RINGS

Ingredients
8 Large Onions
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
4 tbsp. Corn Meal
4 tbsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 Large Egg
1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp. Orange Food Color

Procedure
Combine flour, corn meal, onion powder, salt, milk, egg and water in a large mixing bowl and stir well and there are no lumps. Add food color if you prefer a nicer color to the finished batter. Slice the onions thick (about 1/2 inch). Use only the outer rings for best appearance and dip into batter. Drop coated rings into deep fryer and cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.
:D Did anyone watch "The Simple Life" when Paris & Nicki tried to make onion rings? Hilarious! :D

gini
06-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi - just popped in for a minute and wanted to share this joke with you...........I'll have a slushie while you read it.

"STAY"

I pulled into a crowded parking lot and rolled down the car
windows to make sure my golden retriever had fresh air.

She was stretched out on the back seat, and I wanted
to impress on her that she must remain there.

I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the car
and saying emphatically, "Now you stay... Do you hear me?...

Stay!.. Stay!"

The driver of a nearby car, perhaps noting that I am a blonde,
gave me a strange look and said.

"Why don't you just put it in park?"

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Onion rings made with a beer batter are great too!

BBQ ribs, onion rings, and corn on the cob. YUM!
What's for dessert?

Mario there are some chocolate covered bananas in the freezer just don't eat them all! We don't want you to explode all over the place.:eek: :D

tatsxxx11
06-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Just stopped by to wish my dear friend MOFF, Catland and Slick congrats on their newly reached pillar ranks...news travels fast;) No need to get up Richard; brought my own libation. But I will refresh it with a little ice....pLoP;)

catland
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
We have a special onion here in the Pac NW called Walla Walla Sweets. I'll slice some up for the rings:p

Kabobs it is Richard.

ooooh - chocolate covered bananas? those sound great. I can also bring some fresh picked raspberries. My next door neighbor always has too much so she shares them with me.:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Did anyone watch "The Simple Life" when Paris & Nicki tried to make onion rings? Hilarious! :D

Uh oh...did they burn something down? I know I wouldn't trust those two within 100 ft of a deep fryer!

Mmm onion rings do sound positively yummy, better than the lunch I had today!

slick
06-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by gini

Stay!.. Stay!"

The driver of a nearby car, perhaps noting that I am a blonde,
gave me a strange look and said.

"Why don't you just put it in park?"
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D

Hey everyone, we are not celebrating my 5,000 because that was weeks and weeks ago. Today belongs to MOFF and Catland.
Drinks for everyone and put it on my tab. I'm feelin' rich today!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Mmmmm.....fresh raspberries over vanilla ice cream for dessert!

Boy, what a meal! BBQ ribs, sweet corn over the grill, kabobs, big sloppy onion rings with dipping sauce, chocolate covered bananas and raspberries and ice cream for dessert!

And I'm about to leave work and I'm STARVING!!!

I'll have a red slushie for the road please. :D

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm feelin' rich today!

:eek:

Kabobs it is Richard.

:)

Tatts,

Whatcha got there......moonshine?;)

T&P,

Red slushie for the road!

DONE!

catland
06-23-2004, 05:23 PM
I just saw that our esteemed mayor has only 7 more posts until she hits #6000.

Come on Karen, you can do it.:D

davidpizzica
06-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Congrats to MOFF and Catland on their pillarhood! Now do you have something for this new born diabetic??

RICHARD
06-23-2004, 06:22 PM

Can we just elevate her to govenor or senator without an election?

David,

At Thursday's you can do anything you want....that includes food and drink.....But, let's get you squared away first!:)

RedHedd
06-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Uh oh...did they burn something down? I know I wouldn't trust those two within 100 ft of a deep fryer! They just got bored and started slinging onion slices into the onion-ring-maker thingie and jammed it all up. They were both fried, er, um I mean fired after that day. :p

Corinna
06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Its a good thing this is a cyber bar or we all would have to 9oh no shes going to say it ) EXERCIZE all the ribs and junk food we eat.
I'll take a diet lime coke please. It was the day from hell Please when you go on vacation folks don't take a vacation from being a PARENT.Gift shop workers are NOT babysitters we aren't paid enough to watch you little monsters.
Second thought how a bout a watermelon whine ooops wine cooler please.

Congrats moff!!!!!!

Karen
06-23-2004, 10:48 PM

But how would it look if my 6,000th post was in a cyber bar? :eek:

trayi52
06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Karen, you could talk to Mario, he like to have people talk to him. He gets all mushy when you talk to him, and offer him a peanut butter jelly sandwich.

gini
06-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Karen

Well, the drinks aren't real, the food isn't real, no one gets fat here - so maybe your 6,000 post wouldn't be real either.

:D :D

The only thing real here are the people!

slick
06-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Pull up a chair and sit down and let's talk awhile. As Gini said, this is cyber so go for it!!! What can I get you? It doesn't have to be alcoholic. There's lots of joooze, iced tea and soda.

Gini, the Mayor is here. Maybe I'd better sweep the floor and tidy up!! You get Karen whatever she wants!

Miss Meow
06-24-2004, 02:26 AM
Congratulations MOFF and Catland! Here's to many, many more!

Was there a DOTD? I'll take whatever's going, as long as there's no cream. A little umbrella would be nice, though :)

And early congratulations to our Head Bunny!

davidpizzica
06-24-2004, 02:28 AM
Got a broom, Slick? I think Mario the tornado has bbeen through here.

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 05:53 AM
Here you go David - found a broom and a duster :D :D YOu probably need a wet cloth too - Mario's determined to share that choccy banana with everyone!:D :D

That Peach Margaritta was wonderful Richard - I wonder how raspberries would go?

Are there any more onion rings left - they were sooooo good and of course calorie free - so I think a second helping would be OK.:D

Lynne

lbaker
06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
I think it's best to start off with just some fresh fruit (too much greasy, dippy, rich food here yesterday). There are some fresh raspberries, bananas, peaches OH MY! YES! Perhaps with some scones and clotted cream... a Baileys coffee sounds good too, I'll grab the coffee bean grinder and get the first pot going. A 6,000 pillar eh Karen? We could build a coliseum with all the pillars hanging around today :eek: :D

slick
06-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Are there any more onion rings left - they were sooooo good and of course calorie free - so I think a second helping would be OK.:D
They are only calorie free if you eat them with your right hand and standing up :D :D

Boy, that scared me when the Boss showed up. I think I'll attempt to keep this place cleaner although that's hard with Mario around.

Hi Laurie: that breakfast looks good. I need to get more fruit into my body. I've brought along some of my home-made baileys for the coffee.

gini
06-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Slick, you are right! Here we all are - swinging from the rafters, swilling down drinks like fiends, and Mario is ripping off his diaper and who walks in? THE BOSS!

I guess we should clean up our act once in a while. What if we had a health inspection - would we pass?

Here in California restaurants/bars are graded for cleanliness. If you have a big A in your window that is a good thing. However, if you have a B it always makes you wonder why. Are there things you don't want to eat in your food - what is that on the floor and why is it moving?

What kind of grade would our cyber bar get?
I shudder to think.

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2004, 10:46 AM
In nevada you get an A for clenliness so long as there are no rodents or insects OPENLY crawling about when the inspector comes in. Doesn't mean the place has to be pest free though!! The movie theater that used to be here *only $1.50 a show* had rats in it. I saw one nosing around during a show once.

Yay, only one more day of work and Im free to be a lazy butt! I think I'll take a lesson from my ratties and sleep all day ;). Speaking of ratties, I think they want out...can they come sit at the bar?

trayi52
06-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi, everybody, just got up, still half asleep.

I need to know one thing, and that is does the umbrella make the drink taste better?

Okay, give me some coffee and put an umbrella in it! Mario said he wants a beer with an umbrella!;)

lbaker
06-24-2004, 12:09 PM
"THE BOSS!" Wow, not only Head Bunny Mayor Karen but SPRINGSTEEN! Boy is this joint getting a rep or what!? :eek:

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 12:13 PM
...can they come sit at the bar?

Oh! Eerrrr................Are they in their carrier? I don't 'do' ratties very well - in fact - not at all! Sorry FW! :D

Quote: Okay, give me some coffee and put an umbrella in it! Mario said he wants a beer with an umbrella! Willie

Willie if he wants a mac and wellington boots that's OK with me!!

Slick - how else would I eat onion rings?! :eek: :eek:

Laurie that brekkie smells good - OK if I pull up a chair and get stuck in?!

Anyone seen Richard - he might enjoy some brekkie.

Lynne

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Hi, everybody, just got up, still half asleep.

I need to know one thing, and that is does the umbrella make the drink taste better?

Okay, give me some coffee and put an umbrella in it! Mario said he wants a beer with an umbrella!;)

A sunless coffee!
Sunless beer!
DONE!

DJ,

Everyone is welcome here!

Gini,

A A A A !!;)

Slick,

are you sharing?

Laurie,

We can put the pillars behind the bar, maybe plant some ivy, grass and BBQ out there this summer!

Lynne,

I am here.....

:)

Is Karen still here???

I didn't get her drink order.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Hi, everyone!
I'd like a cherry root beer today, please!

Did you all see Mario making eyes at Karen yesterday? So cute. He even offered to share his chocolate covered bananas with her!

Should she ever decide to run for President, she has MY vote!:D

By the way, I started a thread for our Mayor's 6000 posts. I didn't see one all ready. If there is one let me know and I'll move mine over.:D

slick
06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Slick, are you sharing?
I always share :) :)

Hi MOFF: Yes, Mario was certainly trying to use his cuteness to win her over!!

Going to be a busy day for me today but I think I'll start off with a Spanish Coffee. Thanks Richard.

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 12:44 PM
....Did you all see Mario making eyes at Karen yesterday? So cute. He even offered to share his chocolate covered bananas with her! :D

Is there anyone he doesn't make eyes at?!! He he he he :D :D

I've managed to get the chocolate out of my tshirt! :D

Lynne

davidpizzica
06-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Here you go David - found a broom and a duster :D :D YOu probably need a wet cloth too - Mario's determined to share that choccy banana with everyone!:D :D

That Peach Margaritta was wonderful Richard - I wonder how raspberries would go?

Lynne I could eat some raspberrys they are allowable! I wonder if Mario knows that chocolate bananas are supposed to go inside of him and NOT on the furniture:confused:

thelmalu99
06-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello everybody! Wow, you guys get this place going early! :eek:
I thought this was the Thursday evening hang out spot?

slick
06-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by thelmalu99
Welcome! Come right on in and make yourself comfortable. Only rule is leave the attitude at the door. Everyone is here for a good time and not to think about the cares of the world. The bar opens on Wednesdays for the benefit of the other time zones.

Richard is the best barkeep I've ever known but watch out for those slushies. They have a "kick". Oh yes, and watch out for Mario the Monkey and don't feed him too many cherries. :eek:

Just step up to the bar and place your order. I'm going into the back to see if there are any leftover BBQ ribs from yesterday.

zippy-kat
06-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey! I just thought of something....

Friday makes 4 years(!!) I've been on pet talk!

Vanilla Diet Coke please! :D

slick
06-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Hey! I just thought of something....

Friday makes 4 years(!!) I've been on pet talk!

Vanilla Diet Coke please! :D
WOW!!! Four years of addiction and not one jail sentence! :D Bartender, please put the Zipster's drink on my tab. :)

victoria
06-24-2004, 01:48 PM
congrats:) :D ;) :cool: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: you are sssssssssssoooooooooooooo dumb and retarted you arrrrre uky

snappy
06-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone........I have been watching through the window for the past couple of Thursdays and thought I might venture in today. You always look like you have so much fun here. :p

I am feeling kind of thirsty for a beverage of the adult variety, but can't make up my mind. Any suggestions? :D

It feels like a Thursday/Friday to me for some reason - so I can only stay for a while........have to make it to work tomorrow after all :eek:

BTW - Eat a Peach - Great Album!:)

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by thelmalu99

It's always 5 p.m. somewhere on the globe!:)

MOFF
cherry root beer!

DONE!

Slick,
One day I'll sit back and eat cherries and let Mario barkeep!:eek:
Cafe, DONE!

Zip,
Only a woman would remember a date!!

VDC, DONE!

Victoria,

Is Mario bothering you?:confused:

Snappy,

To get a drink you have to tell a joke your first time out...

But since you are new and short on time, how's about a Manhattan, it was the drink of the day last week........I think we can hold it over.......
Welcome to the bar, you can bring a joke on your next visit,
a clean one please?
;)

Eat a Peach......little trivia- you know how the album got it's name?

Lynne,

Raspberry Margarita.......

Next time you come out to the US extend your flight by 300 miles, stop in in Lost Angeles and have some Margaritas on the Pacific Ocean........Then you can sell your home and come live out here!!!

It Gold Wing weather our here 364 days a year.......it rains on the third sunday of December every year.

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by victoria
congrats:) :D ;) :cool: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: you are sssssssssssoooooooooooooo dumb and retarted you arrrrre uky
We like you too!:p

slick
06-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by victoria
Just to let everyone know that my real name is Victoria but believe me, this is NOT me.

Snappy, welcome to Thursdays. This must be a record. Two new people on one day. :) Drinks on the me all around. Don't know what's gotten into me these days. I just feel spending, spending, spending.

catland
06-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Welcome to Thursdays Snappy, and welcome to Pet Talk too!:D

We're a pretty goofy gang here, but we have our moments.

Let's see, Snappy, Slick, Zippy - sounds like Tommy Lee Jones talking to Will Smith in the movie "Men In Black".;)

Barkeep - have any nekkid beers back there?

Slick - you might enjoy this - I just got "upgraded" to Office 2003. Now I need to spend most of the afternoon resetting my Outlook toolbar settings that vanished.

and we were told there would be just minor changes. ARRRGGGHH:mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 03:21 PM

Let's see, Snappy, Slick, Zippy - sounds like Tommy Lee Jones talking to Will Smith in the movie "Men In Black".;)

Slick - you might enjoy this - I just got "upgraded" to Office 2003. Now I need to spend most of the afternoon resetting my Outlook toolbar settings that vanished.

TOOL BAR.......ah, No tools out here, check in the Lost and Found....

Nekkid beer,
DONE!!!

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 03:23 PM

Nekkid beer,
DONE!!!

Anyone want a BBQ sandwich?

Psst, I noticed the nose prints on the windows last week...
If I knew there was someone out there I would have invited them in

slick
06-24-2004, 03:28 PM
and we were told there would be just minor changes. ARRRGGGHH:mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:
Too bad, but that would make sense. I've had no experience with 2003, we are using Office XP (same as 2002). Any upgrades we do usually go hand-in-hand with new computers. For example when the next batch of computers are redeployed, the new ones coming in will probably come with 2003. BTW welcome to my world.

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Sandwich sounds great Richard - don't know what's the matter with me today - I can't stop eating.

LOL! I thought the nose prints were Mario's :D

Hi THelma and Snappy - glad you both dropped in - don't forget Thelma we're 6 hours - at least- ahead of the US of A!!

Richard - Next time you come out to the US extend your flight by 300 miles, stop in in Lost Angeles and have some Margaritas on the Pacific Ocean........Then you can sell your home and come live out here!!!

It Gold Wing weather our here 364 days a year.......it rains on the third sunday of December every year.

There's only one word isn't there?

DONE!!!

Lynne

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Too bad, but that would make sense. I've had no experience with 2003, we are using Office XP (same as 2002). Any upgrades we do usually go hand-in-hand with new computers. For example when the next batch of computers are redeployed, the new ones coming in will probably come with 2003. BTW welcome to my world.

Good God Slick those Margarittas must be strong - I can't understand a word of that!!!! :D :eek: :D (He he he!)

Lynne

catland
06-24-2004, 03:38 PM
oh - a melon margarita sounds good right about now.

The continuing saga - The Outlook that is down on the bottom of my screen shows me different stuff that the Outlook on my desktop. (confussled yet?). The Outlook on my desktop actually has some of my old settings, but not all of them, and I can't yet figure out how to get a non-Outlook short cut installed -

make that a double melon-margarita - extra salt.

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Oh! Eerrrr................Are they in their carrier? I don't 'do' ratties very well - in fact - not at all! Sorry FW! :D

Don't worry. I'll keep em in a carrier ;) don't want them messing with the monkey *and they WILL I just know it*

*Turns up the tunes* Who wants music? I've got great seliection, heck lets take it up a notch and do kareokie!!!

slick
06-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Catland: can you please PM me with your email address. I have some questions for you but don't want to clog up the Thursday works. I have to nip out on an errand but will be back around 2:45 and will email you then. Gotta get my teeth whitened for the BBQ :rolleyes:

Lynn, sorry about that. Get me going on Windows app programs and I turn into a computer geek......at least I don't wear pocket protector :D :D

OK, no comments from you Richard......;) :D

gini
06-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi - hey - look who's here - some new patrons!

Thelm - depending on how silly we feel - Thursdays is open usually from Wednesday through Sunday and sometimes into Monday. On sad occasions, we close early.

Is there anything that you guys would like to try? Maybe, a drink you have never had before? Richard is the best bartender.

Going back a few posts - I had no idea that I was *re-tarted*....was that a strawberry or raspberry.

(school's out!

Snappy, can hardly wait to hear your joke.

Oops, almost forgot to order my drink............margarita - yup that's it!

slick
06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Anyone seen Mugsy these days??? :confused:

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Just popping in to say hi and to ask everyone to pray for anna_66's Angus. He's very sick at vet right now. I've lit a get well candle here for him.
http://www.petpics.net/memory/

RICHARD
06-24-2004, 04:08 PM
oh - a melon margarita sounds good right about now.

The continuing saga - The Outlook that is down on the bottom of my screen shows me different stuff that the Outlook on my desktop. (confussled yet?). The Outlook on my desktop actually has some of my old settings, but not all of them, and I can't yet figure out how to get a non-Outlook short cut installed -

make that a double melon-margarita - extra salt.

As Snoop Dogg (the rapper who invented a language) would say,

"yes, I am confizzled"

Does Lynne know about melon margaritas???:eek:

Double with salt....DONE!!

DJ,

LOL, the quiz question on the radio last night was-

What word is Japanese for 'empty orchestra' or 'Please, make it stop!!!!"

Yes please! Music!!

Lynne,

I forgot to tell you-you can rent a motorcycle here in Lost Angeles and head up the coast...

How's about watching the sun sink into the ocean on a warm July night, walking back to your campsite, mixing some drinks, making a campfire and burning marshmallows until 2 a.m.???

It's easy,
Get a jar and put all your spare change in each day...
the only problem is getting the significant other to join in the activity...

and finally......

http://www.roadstothefuture.com/Pacific_Coast_Hwy.html

http://www.travel-notes.org/pch.html

http://www.homesweetamerica.com/pch/index.htm

DONE!

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Gini (Quote - Going back a few posts - I had no idea that I was *re-tarted*....was that a strawberry or raspberry- End Quote)

Silly me - I thought we all were **re-tarted** - hmmmmm.

Slick? Pocket protector? Should I persue this - I have a feeling I shouldn't!! LOL!! :D :D You just soundned like Don when he's explaining something 'computereese' to me!! I sort of sit with glazed eyes throwing in the occassional 'Yes' and 'Oh I see' - by the time he's finished I don't even know what year it is!! LOL!
I am so impressed with computer people!

FW - many thanks for bringing the ratties in their carrier - I really appreciate that - keep your eye on Mario - he'll be feeding them choccy bananas soon!!

I've not seen Mugsy about either Slick.

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
You're not helping here Richard - I've just looked at all those fantastic pics of the Pacific Coast Highway - and- - - - - - - - I want to visit!!! I've put the links in my 'favourite' folder - oh dear!!!

Melon Margarita? Mmmmmmmmmmm ;)

Lynne

catland
06-24-2004, 04:38 PM
You're not helping here Richard - I've just looked at all those fantastic pics of the Pacific Coast Highway - and- - - - - - - - I want to visit!!! I've put the links in my 'favourite' folder - oh dear!!!

Melon Margarita? Mmmmmmmmmmm ;)

Lynne

Lynne - if you ever get tired of those silly blue skies and warm weather, come up to the Oregon coast and get fog, cold, and rain - but lots of trees.

lynnestankard
06-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Lynne - if you ever get tired of those silly blue skies and warm weather, come up to the Oregon coast and get fog, cold, and rain - but lots of trees.

How come Oregon sounds so like England?! Thats our midsummer weather described so well! :D

Lynne

slick
06-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Lynne, and you can come up even farther north to Beautiful British Columbia. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2004, 04:54 PM
You may want to check Mario's tool belt from last week. He had it full of nickles at one time but hard telling what he has in it now!:D

Corinna
06-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Okm guys you may have just got my hubby. We just bought a 75 wing its still in the shop. Hopeing its back tommorrow.
He may start lurkung now.

Karen
06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Anyone seen Mugsy these days??? :confused:

Mugsy was takin' a break for a while after school got done for the year (she's a teacher, remember). A (nice) note to remind her we miss her can't hurt!

Karen
06-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Also, on another note, does this bar serve ice cream sundaes? If I have coffee ice cream with bananas and hot fudge sauce, will Mario share some with me?

And a glass of water on the side - better make that two, one for me and one for a certain monkey's hot-fudge-sticky fingers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2004, 07:52 PM
One coffee ice cream with bananas and hot fudge sauce with a water on the side coming right up!

Mario be nice and share like a good boy now. Here, here's another chocolate covered banana just for you.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Also, on another note, does this bar serve ice cream sundaes? If I have coffee ice cream with bananas and hot fudge sauce, will Mario share some with me?

And a glass of water on the side - better make that two, one for me and one for a certain monkey's hot-fudge-sticky fingers.
I think you can pretty much get anything you like to eat here.

Wait until Mario puckers up to give you a big chocolaty KISS!:D

slick
06-24-2004, 11:58 PM
EEEEWWWWWWW!!

lbaker
06-25-2004, 07:01 AM
Let's all sing along with Arlo here... " You can get, anything you want, at Alice's er, Richard's restaurant/bar/grill" except Alice of course :rolleyes: Another day, a FRIDAY, and a payday for me. Today's drinks on me (no Mario, not literally :eek: ) ewwww Mario! Thanks a bunch (of bananas?)

Karen
06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
I think you can pretty much get anything you like to eat here.

Why did you think I asked for the water? I accept chocolatey-monkey kisses!

slick
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
**yawn**
Good morning everyone. Weather here today is cloudy but it's going to be in the mid-twenties which means muggy, muggy, muggy.

Supposed to be casual day today but we are having our annual AGM which means rich donors and volunteers touring the offices so we were told to "dress appropriately". Guess I'll just have to leave the thong undies at home.....

Laurie: I have that song on CD - love it!

Anyone up for Spanish Coffee? I'll go get the Bailey's.

gini
06-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi, I popped in this morning to be sure that we have all of the fixins for hot fudge sundaes.

Ice Cream - all flavors
Hot Fudge (Mrs. Richardson makes the best here on the left coast)
Bananas - just right - not too green - not too ripe
Cherries (Mario, put those back!)
Whipped Cream -

Mario NO! Oh look, you just got some all over Slick and Laurie.
I didn't know you could giggle like that.

and finally all kinds of nuts for those who like them.

While I check out the supplies I think I will have one of Slick's Spanish coffees.

snappy
06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Work called too soon - so I missed my drink. :(

But I have stopped in again today....now let me think of a good joke for you all and then I will order.........

OK will this count?

Signs Grandma's Dealing Drugs
When she offers you a home-baked cookie, she says, "Go ahead, honey -- the first one's free."

When she says "d-bag," she ain't talking' feminine hygiene.

"My, what a lot of rolling papers you have, Grandma!" "Yes, my dear, the better to -- hey, wait a minute... are you a nark?"

Spends her days hangin' on the corner by the pay phone, sippin' on a 40 of Ensure.

Most grandmothers drive with their turn signals on, but not in a lime-green Lincoln Navigator with tinted windows, 24-karat gold trim and slammin' subwoofers.

Constantly complains about her health -- still no glaucoma, dammit!

Last time she made brownies, you woke up three days later in the baboon enclosure at the San Diego Zoo.

The local cops are arresting everyone with lipstick on their cheeks.

:rolleyes:

I would love a slushy drink. I understand that they have a kick and today I am in need of a kick! :D

Actually Ice Cream is one of my top two food groups! If it is Chocolate Ice Cream it is #1 with me!:) :D :) :D

catland
06-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by snappy
Spends her days hangin' on the corner by the pay phone, sippin' on a 40 of Ensure.
:D :) :D

LOL - You are now officially a Thursday's barfly Snappy.:D Richard hasn't checked in yet - but the great thing about this place is anyone of us can fill in as bartender until he returns (well, except for Mario ever since the incident with the marachino cherries.:rolleyes: ).

One Slushy - extra kick, with a side of double-chocolate ice cream. DONE.

lynnestankard
06-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Ooooohhhhh Ice cream !!!! Yes please!!!

I've had the painters in doing the kitchen today - while we were in USA in April - it flooded - great fun!!
So I went out with friend Alison and little babe Rowan (2 months) - so I'm up to here (points to chin!) with tea - so ice cream will be so welcome.

Gorgeous day here - very sunny and warm - course it is 5.30pm!

WHAT is Mario doing with those cherries???:eek: :eek: We don't have to eat them dol we? ;) ;)

Hi Karen - didn't see you sat there - glad you dropped in.

Slick - just realised you live in Canada - oooohhhhh - (begins to mentally re-plan Alaska trip!!)

:D :D :D

Lynne

gini
06-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey everybody - it is Catland's birthday. We can't let her work on her birthday.

Catland, get out from behind that bar and listen to us sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HOOO HOOO HOOO YOUUU!

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Sigh, I need a drink

My dads dog went to the RB today :( *Its posted all over the general boards*

I'm sad, really sad :(

Pass a beer while I remember my Blue Boy...

slick
06-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Slick - just realised you live in Canada - oooohhhhh - (begins to mentally re-plan Alaska trip!!)
Hee Hee Remember that ad on TV a long time ago for tea and the butler says "Only in Canada you say. Pity!" Guess you had to be there. I thought it was funny.

I'm near Vancouver BC which is about a 1/2 hour drive to the US border. Would love to see you if you decide to swing by. :)

No ice cream for me please. I don't eat sweet things.....I'm sweet enough as it is :rolleyes: :D

Catland, I'll email you today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Wow, what a party we have going on here today! I'll take some ice cream! I don't really care what flavor, as long as it's ice cream. :D I saw Key Lime ice cream the other day, have to check it out one of these days. Mmmm.....Key Lime! :D

Happy Birthday catland!!!

DJFyrewolf36, so sorry to hear about Blue. :(

I'll take a slushie with an extra kick too, but I want the kick in the drink, not in the pants, k? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-25-2004, 12:20 PM
For some reason I want a chili cheese dog with onion rings on the side and a big old cherry limeade! (Mario save me one of those cherries for my drink, please? and not one you've licked the juice off of!)
Maybe my tummy is getting ready for the 4th of July! That's what we ate a lot on our picnics then when I was a kid! Followed by homemade ice cream. We had an old crank type freezer that one of us kids had to sit on while another turned the crank. Frozen fannies. Ah, memories!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2004, 12:28 PM
[b]For some reason I want a chili cheese dog with onion rings on the side and a big old cherry limeade! b]:D

MOFF, you come up with THE BEST food ideas! I would love a chili cheese dog with some of those yummy onion rings and dipping sauce on the side!

lbaker
06-25-2004, 12:32 PM
"frozen fannies" great name for a rock band :p Any hot caramel around for the ice cream?

gini
06-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Hot caramel coming up - and I even found some marshmallow sauce.

And just think..........not one calorie to be found here at the cyber ice cream bar!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
"frozen fannies" great name for a rock band :p Any hot caramel around for the ice cream? We have hot caramel and hot fudge too! and strawberry topping, your choice!:D

catland
06-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

DJ - I'm so sorry about your Dad's dog. :(

As long as there are only cyber-calories involved, I'd like some fried chicken and some corn on the cob with lots of butter.:eek:

Then I can blow out my candles on my yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting.

ready - set - ..... MARIO - GET BACK HERE WITH THOSE CANDLES :eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-25-2004, 12:53 PM

ready - set - ..... MARIO - GET BACK HERE WITH THOSE CANDLES :eek: :eek: SOMEBODY GRAB THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!! MONKEY RUNNING WITH LIT CANDLES!!!
Never mind, the wind of his running blew them out!!!!
Don't want to have THAT hot a time at the bar!!!:D :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Duh, Im so thoughtless!!!

Happy B Day Catland!!! Sheesh, shows how attentive I am

Have a cyber-balloon!

*squeaky voice* I got into the helium a bit early though :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-25-2004, 12:58 PM

Have a cyber-balloon!

*squeaky voice* I got into the helium a bit early though :D If we tied several of those to Mario's diaper, could he fly around the bar? I think he'd like that. Have to be sure to keep the doors closed though. We wouldn't want him flying off into the wild blue yonder!:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey, anyone want to have Thursdays here?
I know I do!! The water is a bit cold though, so please be careful

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/Random/Emeraldbay_.jpg

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 01:05 PM
If we tied several of those to Mario's diaper, could he fly around the bar? I think he'd like that. Have to be sure to keep the doors closed though. We wouldn't want him flying off into the wild blue yonder!:D

Just make sure he doesn't try to UNTIE the baloons...I don't want a monkey in my nachos...

Say, does anyone have nachos around here?

davidpizzica
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
All this food talk is making me hungry for things that I can't have real of cyber. That's why I haven't been to the bar lately. Sorry, everyone!

gini
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
OMG...........Mario has a cape on. It's S U P E R M A R I O!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Just make sure he doesn't try to UNTIE the baloons...I don't want a monkey in my nachos...

Say, does anyone have nachos around here? Yep, we have nachos. One of my favorites. I think Mario likes them too. He will probably land in them and help himself.

David, we have a wide assortment of mineral water! Is there anything you can eat that we can carry specially for you? Of course you are apt to have to share with Mario!

Gini you are right, Super Mario he is!

davidpizzica
06-25-2004, 02:01 PM
That's a good idea! Im still a little new at this diabetes idea.Right now Mineral water sounds delicious!! Besides you need someone to watch Mario so he doesn't get TOO WEIRD!!

RICHARD
06-25-2004, 02:22 PM
lololol....

Now this is a cyber bar!!!

Happy B-day Catland......

I'm gonna call my band the Flaming Monkey Candles!:D

But I think you all have it backwards.....

Food first, then dessert....:eek:

I am going to have to bless you all with a general
DONE!!!

I am dealing with morons here at work..

snappy
06-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Guess I have become a Thursday BarFly. Thanks for the slushy.....good thing it is cyber - have things to do tonight that I am sure I couldn't do if it wasn't. :o

DJ = Sorry to hear about your Dad's dog. I have a few over the RB myself and I am sure they are all running and playing and having a great time.

What's with Mario? I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before! :)

slick
06-25-2004, 02:46 PM
OOOOOOOO partee time. Sure glad I missed all the cuffufle with Mario running with candles. That could have been disasterous. :eek:

As I strolled around the website I've noticed so many furbabies have passed on to the RB recently. I'd like propose a toast to them and may they have a safe journey and to the hoomans they are leaving behind, may they be comforted by memories.

Happy birthday Catland. Our Exchange server is down right now so I can't email you any information yet. There is someone working on it right now so hopefully it will be up and running soon.

Snappy a barfly??? Maybe we should all have nicknames. :D

catland
06-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. Allthough the last time I saw Mario he was headed towards the lost and found with some helium balloons.

Nice idea Slick - having been there, I know how sad and painful it is to lose a furkid:( . You feel like part of your heart has been ripped out. To everyone who is having a hard time of it - we're thinking of you.

Richard - if your band is famous - I want credit in the liner notes.;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Richard, if you have a famous band, you're going to have to mention PT SOMEWHERE lol!!!

Make a song about Thursdays!

Mario, out of my nachos shoo shoo!!! I'll give you some, if I have permision!!

RICHARD
06-25-2004, 03:37 PM
The name of my band is called Richie's Tacoma and the Two Speakers....:confused:

Don't be afraid of some monkey finger in your nachos...beware the Monkey Paw

http://fast.horrorseek.com/home/horror/dread/monkpaw.html

Catland,
you can write the liner notes!

davidpizzica
06-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. Allthough the last time I saw Mario he was headed towards the lost and found with some helium balloons.

Nice idea Slick - having been there, I know how sad and painful it is to lose a furkid:( . You feel like part of your heart has been ripped out. To everyone who is having a hard time of it - we're thinking of you.

Richard - if your band is famous - I want credit in the liner notes.;) I put Thai to sleep almost a year ago, and it's still rough. So my prayers are with those who have lost a precious pet.

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't think we'll be freze drying marios paw and making wishes to it...

That is WAY too creepy for me!!!

My thoughts are with anyone who has had a furkid go to the RB reciently...It really really is hard.

davidpizzica
06-25-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't think we'll be freze drying marios paw and making wishes to it...

That is WAY too creepy for me!!!

My thoughts are with anyone who has had a furkid go to the RB reciently...It really really is hard. EWWWWWWWWW, creepy is the word!!

DJFyrewolf36
06-25-2004, 04:11 PM
I first read "The monkeys paw" in middle school

It still creeps me out!

RICHARD
06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
SEE!
Monkey fingers in your nachos ain't so bad, eh??:eek: ;)

No offense, Mario....it's just a scary story..

slick
06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
I thought Monkey's Paw was a drink :confused: :confused:
Note to self: Get with the program girl!!!

May I please have my usual, Double BM with lemon and tobasco and a swizzle stick full of garlic-stuffed olives. (no meetings this afternoon :D )

lbaker
06-25-2004, 05:33 PM
It's battle of the bands folks! "Richies Tacoma & the Two Speakers" vs "Freezing Fannies". Let's not vote, let the music ROCK and the bands play on. Mario, you play a GREAT air guitar ;)

davidpizzica
06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
I thought Monkey's Paw was a drink :confused: :confused:
Note to self: Get with the program girl!!!

May I please have my usual, Double BM with lemon and tobasco and a swizzle stick full of garlic-stuffed olives. (no meetings this afternoon :D ) Uh, are we starting to get little OLD??

catland
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by david p
Uh, are we starting to get little OLD??

lol - that's ok David - for the uninitiated, a BM is a Bloody Mary.;)

Sounds like we're going to have to make our own Thursday's dictionary of crazy sayings and acronyms to help people out.:D

Well, I'm out of here - its almost 5:00pm on the west coast.

Have a great weekend everyone.