PDA

View Full Version : Goodness, where life takes you!

catnapper
06-22-2004, 03:35 PM
My best friend from highschool and I have kept in touch over the years. I cheered as she got married, and celebrated with her as she had her babies. All across many states and over the telephone. I haven't seen her since highschool :( but we've remained great friends anyway.

I spoke to her today and found out that her life is suddenly changing and she had no clue. She's filed for divorce, even though he's totally against it. She had problems in her mariage for a long time, but was ready to work them out until.....

He got arrested for trafficing drugs! He got caught with close to $100,000 worth of drugs in his car! :eek: I just am so heartbroken for her. She ws going about life and catering to the day to day when *whooom* this happens! She had no idea he was into this! She had no idea he was using drugs!

jazzcat
06-22-2004, 03:37 PM
How sad. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I hope things work out well for her.

moosmom
06-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I can't even imagine how I'd feel if the man I was married to suddenly got arrested for drugs.

The only advice I can give you is to be there for her. Let the piece of garbage she was married to fend for himself.

Karen
06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Good gracious! Hope she and the kids will be okay!!

jenluckenbach
06-22-2004, 06:05 PM
I pray that she can pick up the pieces that this man has managed to shatter. :(:(

Miss Meow
06-22-2004, 06:12 PM
She had no idea? The disappearing at strange hours, muffled phone calls, being secretive? I hope she's OK - it must've been a dreadful blow to her :(

Trafficking is usually a jail term, so I hope your friend is strong enough to pick up the pieces for her children and get on with life.

dukedogsmom
06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
That's terrible. And of course she'll get no support from him because he'll be in jail. I wonder how he hid all that from her? He sounds like he was a major dealer, too.

kimlovescats
06-22-2004, 07:25 PM
How terribly sad, Kim. I hope she has the financial resources or education / experience to get herself on her feet and care for the children without his "drug money"!!!:rolleyes: :mad: What a loser he is!

Poor woman, please keep us updated and she will be in my thoughts and prayers!:( ;)

catnapper
06-22-2004, 07:25 PM
My friend had no idea because while she was at work, he was doing his own "business" She is a majorly successful businesswoman and works 70-80 hours a week plus travel. Her husband was a stay-at-home-dad, and took care of the kids fulltime. I pray the kids weren't around while he was dealing drugs and meeting his thug friends. I asked her if the kids mentioned anything about strangers around and weird things and she said the kids never noticed. It seems as if he had enough brains to drop them off at a babysitter while he trafficked his drugs. :mad:

The good thing is that his family is standing by her and are encouraging her to continue with the divorce. She really does have a good support network.

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Poor Lady :(

I cannot even imagine! Thinking you know someone and finding out differently. It's like the women who are married to serial killers and never even knew. Can you imagine finding out you lived with and thought you loved is a murderer! Or women who are married to the mob and have no idea. Not that I'm saying your friend's husband is a murderer. But it just makes me sacred to get married cause you never, ever know. You say to yourself my husband would never do this or that, etc.....but what IF...

trayi52
06-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I really feel so sorry for her. What a blow that must have been to her. Seems that all drugs are good for is to split families, and crush their lives!

My brother-in-law, has been in and out of prison for years, because he could not stay off the drugs. He was busy stealing drug store, and even the vets office to get his drugs!

He was caught in somewhere in Maryland robbing a drugstore, don't know what city, but he got caught. He hid in the bathroom, and waited until they closed and then he would just get what he wanted.

My god, he even knocked a hole in the drugstore in our town, and went in and cleaned them out.

With everything he has done and the time he has served in jail, his son is following right in his footsteps!

I really feel for your friend, Kim, it is just so sad that she has now got to raise her kids by herself because her husband had to end up messing the lives up of his children too! It's just such a sad situation. My heart goes out to her, and I will keep her in my prayers. Please keep us updated, and let her know that we are all praying for her.

Willie