PDA

View Full Version : Chase's Anniversary

Glacier
06-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Woos everyone

It's me Chase, again! Today is my one year anniversary of living here. Of course, that day I came here as a foster, but those of you who know my momma know that she ain't so good at fostering! She tends to fail fostering 101 alot! She likes to say that she fails at fostering, but excels at adopting!

Last June 22, I had been living at the Whitehorse Humane Society for over a year. I came in as a gangly puppy who was scared of everything. I was about four or five months old. Mom says I had a lot of strikes against me--it was puppy season and there were younger, well adjusted puppies everywhere, I was kinda big and clumsy and I am black and white. I don't know what's wrong with people around here, but at our shelter black and white animals tend to stay a long time! So I waited and waited and waited.....But no one wanted to adopt me.

I grew to be a very tall, big boy. I was still clumsy--still am actually! I was not happy in that cage. A little cage is no place for a young, big husky cross to spend his life. I was going a little crazy! The shelter people told Mom that they were getting worried about me. I wasn't acting like I used to. I had a couple fights with other dogs and I was just grumpy! So Mom agreed to foster me.

I was so scared at first. The shelter was the only home I could remember. I didn't even want to get in the truck. I wouldn't eat--not even a McDonalds hamburger! Then we got to the house and there were lots of other dogs here. I even already knew some of them cuz they had been at the shelter too. (Dad says my Mom should be banned from the shelter--and he's the president of it!) I was so happy to see some friends. I played and played and played!

Only one person ever called about me and Mom said she wouldn't have let him adopt a goldfish! In March 2004, my humans adopted me officially! Mom says it was a tribute to my brother Hoodoo, who had recently gone to the bridge. Hoodoo was mom's very first rescue dog!

I am still a little scared sometimes, but I walk nicely now on a leash. I am a great sled dog. I love to run in wheel. I like people, mostly except scary men! I love kids and I don't eat cats!! Mom says I give her hope, especially on nights like last night when it took her 45 minutes to catch one of our new fosters. I used to be like that too. Now I knock other dogs out of my way to get to Mom! Oh, yeah, she says I still need to work on my manners sometimes!

I think I heard something about moose meat treats for everyone today!!
WOOOOOS
Chase
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/chase_may.jpg

tatsxxx11
06-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh sweetheart Chase! Your beatuiful story brought tears to my eyes! I'm sure that you and the whole pack are thrilled that your mom's a "foster failure!";) I know it must have been scary at first, being in your new home, surrounded by so many strange people, sights and smells. But just look at you now! What a happy, healthy, handsome, well adjusted pupper you are! Amazing what a little patience and a lot of loving can do to heal a wounded spirit! I'm so happy you found your way "home" sweet Chase! And making your adoption "official" is the perfect way to honor your mom's beloved Hoodoo! Happy 1st Anniversary dear Chase! I know it's only the beginning of a wonderful life!:) I hope you get lots and lots of those yummy moose treats to celebrate your special day, sweetheart:) Love, Sandra

KYS
06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
What a beautiful story.
Happy 1st anniversary Chase and may you have
many more to share with us on Pet Talk.