Well an Indian Ringneck Parakeet!:)
I found a breeding in Indy and it's a
3 hour drive from my house but my mom
said she wanted him so she's going to drive
there to get him and I get to go...yay!:D
This isn't a pic of him but this is what he'll look
like! http://www.akpeac.org/images/IR_blue_001c.jpg
or here's another ex. http://www.beyondbatik.com/paintings/ringneck_blue400.jpg

The bird were getting isn't tame so we will be doing all that but it should be easy because we had an abused bird before that bit us until we bled for like 3 weeks, then he got nicer and we had him until he died!! It will be fun though since the bird is still a baby!:) yay!

My Peanuts
06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
YAY!!! Post pics when he comes home! :D

animal_rescue
06-23-2004, 04:31 PM
So I talked to the lady and she said the baby is 3 months old!
I have to call her tonight right now we've just been e-mailing each other!
I'll post a lot of pics if my aunt lets me use you camera!!

Rottieluver45
06-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Yay!! When are you gonna pick him up? Have you thought of a name?

EssTer
06-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Yay!!!CONGRADULATIONS!!!That birdie is really beautiful, hope we'll see some photos :D

NoahsMommy
06-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Congratulations! Those birds look so pretty. Is their disposition like other parakeets?

:)

animal_rescue
06-23-2004, 08:45 PM
hmm well I don't know! LOL
sorry....we haven't thought of a name
but we are going to pick him up around July 5!
It's a 3 hour ride there then a 3 hour ride back!:)

cocker_luva
06-23-2004, 10:00 PM
wow!!! congrats!!! im soo happy also!!! i wish i had a bird; i would want an African Grey or an Umbrella Cockatoo. (just the ones on the top of the list) :D

lute
06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
oh cool! i love birds. i've never had a ringneck,but i hear they are great companions.congrats on the new birdie!:D

K9soul
06-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow, those are beautiful! I can't wait to see him, hope you will be able to post pics as soon as you get him home. I do not know much about that species myself. The links with pictures were gorgeous though.

animal_rescue
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
OMG!! She isn't going to let us have the bird now!!:mad: :mad:
All because of a stupid misunderstanding!
See in an e-mail she told me to call her on her cell phone and she could talk about the bird for a few minutes so I called her around 7:30 because she told me she would be off work at 7 well she was still working and asked me to call her back in a half hour so I around 8:20 I called her house number and some old guy answered and told me no one was home which confused me so I e-mailed the lady and asked her if I had the wrong number and
now she said something about me talking to her personally and I know I did but I don't know maybe she thought I was calling her the guy...but in at the end of the e-mail reply this is what she said: Thanks anyway and good luck in your search for the bird you looking for.
SO I guess were not getting the bird!:mad: :mad:

animal_rescue
06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
here this is what my mom replied to her saying:
Excuse me! My daughter did everything possible to
reply to you and I'm sorry but things must have gotten mixed as my daughter did not call you a man but had said a man had
answered your house phone or you must have given us the wrong number! I did not like the fact of how you can reply very nastily to a 14 year old girl and I will not do business with you anyhow so good luck to you!
Megan's mom

I really don't know what is going to happen so now I'm looking for a new breeder as I don't know what happened with this lady if she wants to be rude then she can take her business elsewhere!

My Peanuts
06-24-2004, 04:07 PM
I know it's a cliché, but it wasn't meant to be. When you do find the bird for you, you will look back on this and think the same. Don't give up; your baby is out there somewhere. :)

K9soul
06-24-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry this didn't work out, but I'm positive like Diana said you WILL find the right birdie for you. What a rude and hurtful woman :mad:, I applaud your mother's letter to her!