PDA

View Full Version : petsitting for 31!!!

Huskies_for_me
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
i'm sitting here at my mom's friend's house pet sitting. she has 31 cats and dogs. she has siera,wolfie,carmel,shotsi,mitzi,star,scooter,sako ia,and 23 cats that i can't remember the names of.

siera is a white husky that is my favorite. she's laying down in the doorway,carmel is a doberman mix laying down beside me,mitzi is a chow mix laying by the door,wolfie is a black and white husky that is standing on my leg licking my face,shotsi is a black and tan doxie that is spred out like a weiner,star is a dalmatian,scooter is a brown minpin,sakoia is a grey and white husky.

i brought Beanie along today also. he's not sure what to think of this many dogs,but he's having fun none the less.

the worsed happend.....4 of the dogs got out and ran off! i had a kid from the neighborhood help me catch them.

sory for the long blab,but i love watching these babies!:D

buckner
06-22-2004, 12:42 PM
:eek: Wow, that's a lot of animals!!! I don't know how you could manage... good luck. :p But look on the bright side - you'll never be alone.

And so glad you found the 4 dogs that ran off.

Huskies_for_me
06-22-2004, 12:54 PM
it's hard to care for them all. i don't see hoe she does this everyday! it takes me about an hour or more to feed and take care of all of them.

your right. i'll never be alone!lol

EssTer
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm petsitting sometimes border collie called Bruno :) I think it's fun :) Thought it can be quite hard to petsit so many animals :D

cali
06-22-2004, 05:40 PM
lol jeeze and I know how hard it is to take care of 24 animals every day lol 31..wow!

Kfamr
06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
23 cats!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

lute
06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
23 cats!?!?
yup. they are all ina big room in the barn with air and windows and lots of things to jump on.......there are 4 litter boxes to clean.:rolleyes:

and guess what they are doing sunday.moving from indiana to tennisee!they are taking them all in ONE trip!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dukedogsmom
06-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Wow! I would be going crazy trying to keep up with all of that. It would be fun but hard work. We'd love to see pics! I'll bet that white Husky is gorgeous. That move will be one heck of a trip.

Glacier
06-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by lute
yup. they are all ina big room in the barn with air and windows and lots of things to jump on.......there are 4 litter boxes to clean.:rolleyes:

and guess what they are doing sunday.moving from indiana to tennisee!they are taking them all in ONE trip!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have 30 animals right now--28 of my own (20 dogs, 8 cats) and two dogs that I am dogsitting for five weeks. Once you get a system down, it's not that bad. Just constant and you can't change the system!

Four litterboxes is nothing! In fact that seems like way too few boxes for that many cats, unless they can get outside too. I have 10 boxes in my house for 8 cats! (all scooped twice a day)

lute
06-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Four litterboxes is nothing! In fact that seems like way too few boxes for that many cats, unless they can get outside too. I have 10 boxes in my house for 8 cats! (all scooped twice a day)
i too don't believe it's enough litter boxes,but i scoop them 2-3 times a day when i watch them. they do fill up quickly.

We'd love to see pics! I'll bet that white Husky is gorgeous.
i don't know how to take the pics from my camera to the comp yet.or i'd have plenty of pics.