PDA

View Full Version : Please Say a Prayer for Topper

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Guys,

My stepmom and my Dad's dog Topper is really sick. Overnight Topper left blood over the house probably from his bowels and he had vomited and his water bowel was empty. He was also really lethargic. They immdeiately took him to the vet and they have him there doing tests now. The vet has him in their care and as soon as they know something they'll let us know. But PT prayers are powerful, so please pray it's not too serious and fixable and that Top till be all right.

He's a seven year old Bichon and he's such a sweet boy. I love him as though he were my own as I did live with them for a year and stayed with them during summer breaks. Poor Topper, I'm so worried!

Dogz
06-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh no! Poor Topper. :(

My thoughts and prayers will be with Topper and his family.

I hope he gets better soon!

CountryWolf07
06-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Poor dog! Prayin' for him!

tatsxxx11
06-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Oh no, how frighening:(:(:( Is it possible he could have gotten into something poisonous, like D Con? I hope and pray dear Topper will be ok. Have you heard any news? Please check in when you can. The prayer power of Pet Talk is with him. Keeping preciousTopper in my prayers. Get well soon sweetheart.{HUGS}}} Sandra

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 07:50 PM
thanks Guys!!

I do have a bit of an update. They think he has collitus? collinitus? caused by stress. But they'll know more tomorrow. Good news is I think he'll be ok. He has to stay overnight, but my dad called me and told me not to worry too much cause Topp didn't vomit all day and he's already improved.

Sad news is he's been through a lot of illness in his life. He's has several bouts with pancreatitus and he had rocky mountain spotted fever a few years back which almost cost him his life.

He's such a sweetheart. we want him to be with us for a long, long time :)

slick
06-22-2004, 07:53 PM
How frightening but good to hear that Topper is improving.

Prayers on the way. They really do work.

dukedogsmom
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Poor Topper. Duke had pancreatis, too. It's very bad. So with that and the other, I imagine he has been having problems. Glad to hear he's doing better and at least they've found what caused it so it can be treated.

tatsxxx11
06-23-2004, 08:11 AM
So glad to hear that Topper's doing so much better this morning:) Poor pup, he sure has been through a lot in his life. Hopefully the vet can get his collitis under control and I too hope he'll be with you a long, long time!!!:) Hugs to you Topper! Feel better soon, sweetie!

anna_66
06-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Prayers on the way for Topper.

Sudilar
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear that Topper is better. Keep us updated, please.