PDA

View Full Version : I graduated yesterday! *pics*

bluekat
06-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Yesterday I graduated from elementary school!:D Next year I'm going into Gr.9, which is high school:(

Our graduation was so much fun. In the morning yesterday, we went to school for the mass. Then at night, we went to the banquet hall for the awards ceremony, dinner, and the dance. First we went in and got all our diplomas, and then they presented the awards. I hadn't expected to win any awards, but I did win one. I won the Principal's Award!:D

Then there was dinner, and finally the dance. It was 2 and a half hours and it was SO MUCH fun!:D I wish it was longer. It was so sad though, because that was our last dance together and there were some people who were going to a different school and that I would probably never see again:(

I have a friend who's going to try to organize a reunion thing for us, to meet again in a couple of years. I hope it works out.

Anyways, here are some pictures...
Me at the hall:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid123/p78fd4ef66e42574c492aca5acf6c7a54/f829ac5a.jpg
Friends:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid123/pea8c85b92bee32c934db63f776b57e90/f829aa6e.jpg
Group pic (though losts of people are missing)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid123/pbb2db37ee3d0408abc4f937be6279e32/f829ac4e.jpg

If you're interested, here's The Album (http://http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286467523)

Katiesmom
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
CONGRADULATIONS:D

countrycowgirl
06-22-2004, 12:03 PM
CONGRATS!!! I know when I graduated 8th grade it seemed like the dance was not long enough..... I love your dress!!!!!.... great pics thanks for sharing them:D

luckies4me
06-22-2004, 12:09 PM
WOW, you guys look much older than you are LOL! The dress is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on the graduation. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Congratulations!! You look beautiful, your dress is awesome.

cali
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
congrates I remeber my grade 8 grad. I was the only one in grade 8 that did NOT get any awards or anything whatsoever :( I would see everyone else in the class having touble holding all their plaques and here I was sitting there with nothing at all :( anyway good luck in highschool! and just so ya know grade 9 is pretty much nothing but grade 8 review lol

ramanth
06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Congrats! You and your friends look very pretty. :)

When I was growing up, grades 1-5 were elementary, grades 6-8 were Middle School, and 9-12 was High School.

8th Grade graduation was so fun! First time I enjoyed dancing with a boy. LOL!!!

Ah..memories. :)

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Yay, Congratulations!!! I thought you were much older too, just based on your posting. And I do mean that as a compliment :).

tatsxxx11
06-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Congratulatoins! What a fun night! And you all look so lovely all dressed up:) When I was in school 1-6 was elementary school, 7-9 Junior High and 10-12 High School. Of course that was eons ago:D After graduating 6th grade, all we had was a diploma ceremony during the day and a class photo! Now I hear even Nursery School has "graduation!" Things sure have changed:)

You're going to have great fun in High School. And while you'll miss those few friends who are leaving, you're going to make so many more!

trayi52
06-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Tiffany, you are so beautiful in your beautiful dress! Look like you and your friends had fun.

Congratulations, I know you are going to have a blast in high school!

Willie:D

zippy-kat
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Congrats!!

binka_nugget
06-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Congrats!:D :D :D

I remember my elementary graduation. I thought it was the end of the world. I got over that. You'll love high school. My graduation is next year and I'm already going through my "this is the end of the world" phase. :p

bluekat
06-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone!:D

Ya, I'm really scared for high school next year...but I'll probably get used to it when I actually get there. I'm going to miss everyone that I know now though:(

kimlovescats
06-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Congratulations on your graduation and the Principal's Award... what an honor!!!:eek: You are so adorable!!! I love your pretty dress!:)

bluekat
06-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Hehe thanks!:D

thelmalu99
06-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Congratulations on graduationg with honors! Your parents must be super-proud of you!
I agree with the others; your dress is fabulous! You look so pretty!

Kfamr
06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Congratulations Tiffany!!

Although I feel bad for you because highschool is NOT fun.

Be prepard for a bunch of immature idiots. :p

bluekat
06-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks!:D

Be prepard for a bunch of immature idiots.

Yeah...that's one of the reasons why I'm not looking forward to high school:( The high school that I'm going to has alot of bad students and they're the kind of kids that doesn't care much about school.

jazzcat
06-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Congrats!!!!

I can't believe you just graduated 8th grade - you look so much older and you are so pretty. When I was going through school they never had graduation for any grade but 12th. I think it's neat you get to have it for different grades like that - and dress up!

Karen
06-22-2004, 06:13 PM
That is a really cool dress! :) And in the photos, I don't see a single cat hair on it - how did you manage that? ;)

We didn't "graduate" 'til we finished high school, but I remember my friend Adrianna's graduation from junior high (12 years ago) and she went to a city school. There were some very proud parents there. The grandmother of one of the girls who got several awards was sitting near me in the audience. Her granddaughter was the first person in her family to make it as far as finishing 8th grade. They were an immigrant family, the graduate had grown up here since she was very small. You have never seen a family so proud!

In our family (and for Adrianna as well) NOT finishing from eighth grade was not even considered a possibility, so it was interesting to hear a different experience. Boy, was that grandma proud - it gave me a whole new perspective on what I had thought was a silly exercise.

KYS
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
CONGRATS!!! :)

sirrahbed
06-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Congratulations, Tiffany! I also thought that you were older based on your posts - you sound very mature. You are also an adorable and pretty girl and I love the dress! I am very proud to hear about you winning the Principal's Award! I do believe we have many above average young people here on PetTalk!!! Above average either in maturity, grades, responsibility or creativity, etc.
Maybe highschool will be better than you are imagining. I have taught school in both junior high and highschool. Ninth graders can be difficult, YES - but in general, high-schoolers show more maturity than junior high students overall. I hope you will not feel too scared, but try to be excited!!

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
Thanks everyone!:D

Ya, I'm really scared for high school next year...but I'll probably get used to it when I actually get there. I'm going to miss everyone that I know now though:(

Don't be too scared. High School has its ups and downs, like everything. At the time I thought I hated it, but looking back on it, it was pretty ok and I had a good time most of the time. You'll find your space and your group of friends and make the most of it. I just know it'll be ok for you cause you are such a great person. Whenever you get frustrated, you can come and vent on PT :)

bluekat
06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Karen
That is a really cool dress! :) And in the photos, I don't see a single cat hair on it - how did you manage that? ;)

LOL there was actually a few:p But then my mom saw and picked them off;) lol

Thanks for the compliments everyone!:)

dappledoxie
06-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Congrats! How wonderful, looks like it was great! :D

bluekat
06-23-2004, 03:49 PM

Well, today school is officially over...everyone(well the girls lol) was crying after school and we were all hugging. It was so sad:( But in another way I'm happy its summer...I'll get to spend more time on PT:D

EssTer
06-23-2004, 03:53 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!You loook soo cute :) Great photos.. thanx for sharing with us :)

ChrisH
06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Congratulations, Tiffany! :D

almamee
06-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Great pictures!!!:D

dukedogsmom
06-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Congrats! It's hard going from being oldest to being the youngest again. It'll take a little bit to get used to it and then you'll feel better after you've been in 9th grade a while. I'm sure a lot of your friends will still be there with you. The party sounded like fun and your dresses were pretty.

bluekat
06-24-2004, 09:45 AM

Yeah, as they say, we're going from being a big fish in a small pond to a little fish in a big pond:p