PDA

View Full Version : Summer/Winter Solstice

catland
06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Its now officially summer - or officially winter - depending on your location. So now as your days are getting longer/shorter - what the heck time for a poll.

What is your favorite month or season? I love late summer, or September the most because the mornings are crisp, the afternoons are warm, and we are savoring every nice day because we know they will be gone soon and the rains and clouds will return.

Kfamr
06-21-2004, 06:51 PM
WINTER!!

The only time of the year down here that you can go outside without sweating a lake.

carole
06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I think it would have to be Autumn or spring, only thing with spring I hate is my hayfever plays up, winter is awful in NZ today, its blowing a gale, cold southerly wind, and hail storms , one right now actually, summer is too hot for me, so its the above for me.

Dogz
06-21-2004, 07:05 PM
I too, like late summer. (Early September) I like when it is just starting to cool down; jacket weather in Minnesota.

Today, the longest day of the year. The only thing I do not like about the later months, is that we don't have enough daylight. :(

Mr. Sun, sun, Mr. Golden sun, please shine down on me... all year!!

:p

Felicia's Mom
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I voted for winter, prefering cold weather and snow.
I love the change of the seasons, although I don't care for the humid summers we usually have here.

lizbud
06-21-2004, 07:51 PM
I can't decide. I love the fall weather & the change to cooler
temps, but I also love spring when you can almost smell the
earth come alive again.:)

Amber
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
I like spring.

I like how the air is very cool and breezy. :)

G.P.girl
06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
SUMMER! i am a summer addict (if there is such a thing ;)) i loooove the heat and humidity of summer. which is one reason why i can't stand seattle :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
06-21-2004, 10:37 PM
I like winter because it's the only season in Arizona that isn't hot.

kimlovescats
06-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I LOVE FALL! Tennessee is gorgeous this time of the year, especially in the mountains! All the beautiful colors of the leaves, the crispness in the air ... the smells, the ...oooo ahhhh, I am READY for Fall already!:D

Miss Meow
06-21-2004, 11:12 PM
I like the cool nights and warm days of spring, the outdoor living of summer and the storms that break hot spells, the slowing down and cooling of autumn and the dressing up in scarves and hats for winter :) Overall, I think spring is my favourite because it has a bit of everything.

It's the shortest day of the year here - hurry up spring!

Pam
06-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I LOVE FALL! Tennessee is gorgeous this time of the year, especially in the mountains! All the beautiful colors of the leaves, the crispness in the air ... the smells, the ...oooo ahhhh, I am READY for Fall already!:D

Kim you took the words right out of my mouth! Fall is definitely my favorite too and for all of the reasons you mentioned! I also get tired of wearing summer clothes (shorts, etc.) and around October I look forward to pulling out the sweaters and jacket. :p

ChrisH
06-22-2004, 06:52 AM
It's Springtime for me! :D

Karen
06-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Anything but really hot sticky weather - I love all else, storms, thunder, snow, spring sunshine, and given that I live in New England, that's a good thing - we get most any kind of weather, and none of it for very long at a stretch!

Randi
06-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I think spring is my favourite time of year, and then summer. Long sunny days and not having to put a lot of clothes on.

I like a good storm too - if it doesn't last too long. .... But also a nice walk through the woods in autumn. :)

ramanth
06-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Summer! Spring and Fall are my second favorite. :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Summer!!! I like lounging like a cat in a nice warm sunbeam....

bluekat
06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
My favorite season is definately Summer!:D Partly because there's no school and partly because I love hot weather:p Then my second favorite is Spring.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Fall is my favorite, followed by Spring, Summer and winter in that order. My arthritis hates cold weather too, plus it's too easy to fall on ice and pipes break and cars won't start and ....:D

Sweet Sixy
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm going with winter. I love to play in the snow and my horse used to LOVE the snow, it was definately Sweets' favorite season too. Good thing I live in upstate NY where we get LOTS of snow :rolleyes:

cali
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
spring! the warmth of summer minus the bugs! lol

lynnestankard
06-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh it has to be Autumn. I just adore the time from late September until some years, late November. It's the feel and the smell - wonderful :D

Lynne

carole
06-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Well yesterday I would have settled for anything but what we had, we had four hail storms and I got caught in one of them, none to pleasant, those little balls of ice sure hurt when they hit ya, Roll on summer please.!!!