PDA

View Full Version : what do i have to dod to find a place to ride!?!

Huskies_for_me
06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
does anyone know where i can take horseback riding lessons close to where i live?

i went horseback riding for my 16th b-day the other day and the people that wrked there said that i was a natural and that when i knew enough about horses they want to hire me.:D ,BUT i live an hour and a half away!:mad: now i can't find a place to go horseback riding or take lessons anywhere close. there's no place in the paper or on the web that i can find. if anyof ya live close to me and know of a place PLEASE let me know!:D

Lexie

animal_rescue
06-22-2004, 01:17 PM
umm hold on I live in Laporte I'll look!:)
What barn did you go to?

animal_rescue
06-22-2004, 01:29 PM
here try this http://www.hoofer.org/barna.html

lute
06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
thanks for the link!:D

i went to whispering meadows in martinsville,indiana. here's their website incase you wanna see who they are..... whispering meadows (http://www.whisperingmeadow.com)

Lexie

EssTer
06-23-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm not any help this time.. But I can only say, I'm happy about you that you want to go horse riding :) I'm riding horses too, and I think it's awesome that more and more people are staring ride horses :)

lute
06-23-2004, 06:49 PM
EssTer ,
i have only riddin 3 times my whole life, but now that i'm older i'm doing a lot of more.

we are moving in a year or so to Tennisee so i'm hoping we move to a place that has enough room for a horse. so in the mean time i'm researching horses and trying to find a place close to me to ride or take lessons.

Lexie

Amber
06-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys! :)

I think it would be fun to take lessons. Do you have to have a horse? Or do they have them there to ride?

QueenChyna
06-23-2004, 08:07 PM
i remember when i took riding lessons, it was fun and i loved the horses that my teacher had! especially one of them, his name was Appaletta Moon, we would just call him Moon for short. he was the calmest and he ussually always listened, anyway, i was provided a horse when i went to riding lessons, and i have to say, you learn a lot more than u think there is but it is fun. Good luck on finding somewhere to ride, i do not live in ur area but there are always the websites u can look up in ur area.

lute
06-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Amber- each place is different. most places provide horses and some places let you bring your own horse.

QueenChyna- Appaletta Moon is a neat name. my favorite horse i have ridden was a palomino named marshmellow.no fancy name but he was such a smooth ride and easy to lead. when we go back to that place i'm asking to ride him.we are planning on going back in a couple weeks.

cocker_luva
06-23-2004, 09:54 PM
the place where i go have horses/ponies that you can use or you can use your own; whether you lease or own. :D its very nice.

lute
06-23-2004, 10:21 PM
cocker_luva-is the horse in your sig YOUR horse or a lease horse or what? it's VERY pretty!:D