PDA

View Full Version : Magoo update...

catcrazylady
06-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Ok, all of the Magoo lovers are wondering about the little guy. I posted in my last thread that I missed the vet by about ten minutes. Magoo is still doing fine and the bump/knot hasn't changed at all. I'm watching him closely for any changes. I will be back at the shelter tonight and I will find out when the doc is due back in so she can take a look at him. I promise to let everyone know as soon as I do.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

We do have some news that I haven't shared yet. I was afraid to jinx it but I will let the Magooster tell you about his weekend. That way if it gets jinxed it will be his fault!

Ok Magoo, you're on!
Hi everybody! Mom says you all know who I am so I will just tell you about my weekend.
Well, I've had to work pretty hard to get some trust in this place but mom finally decided to let me out of the cage with the kitties. The first thing she did was let Leroy into the room. I sniffed and Leroy sniffed and we went our seperate ways. Before mom knew what was happening dad opened the door and let everyone in! I really didn't care and most of them didn't mind me either.
Well, there was the one occasion where I nipped Pepper Jacks tail and he jumped about four feet off of the ground! Dad yelled NO and made me go back to my cage for a time out. I could hear mom laughing though because she couldn't help it when Pepper Jack went straight up and got all fluffed out. She tells me that She still laughs when she thinks about it.
I was forgiven and released again. Dad let me check out the kitchen too. That was neat! So, I got a new room to explore and I got to meet most of the kitties without bars between us. I thought things went really good!
Well, there was that second incident with Pepper Jack. I really was trying to be good I swear! I was walking along minding my own business when I accidently came upon Pepper laying in the floor. We sniffed noses but he didn't move. I sniffed his face and he didn't move. I sniffed his neck and he still didn't move so I decided what the heck and tried to take a chunk of Pepper Jack! I don't know what happened but I felt something swat my tail end and it scared me to death!!! I kept my teeth to myself after that.
I got to stay out a whole five hours yesterday!!! It was great!! Mom says since I was such a good boy that she is going to open the cage door as soon as she gets home and I can stay out until she goes to bed!!! Or until I do something bad. I'm planning on being a really good boy so I can nap in moms chair with her or under the computer desk which is my favorite spot. Of course , I will nap after I explore the new kitchen space and say hi to the other kitties.
It was nice to get to talk to you all and I'm sure mom will let you know if I get into any more trouble!

signed:
Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/paafe459b89bb560ae37717d553b8d485/f8550453.jpg

Hey guys, it's me again. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! What a wonderful breakthrough! The two bites he did make were not done aggressive. They were more like nips but they might have gotten worse had we let it continue.
The surprise he got when he bit Pepper Jack was his dad standing behind him with a towel. He swatted Magoo with the towel and it scared him. We decided to that instead of making him scared of us. This way he will just think something bad happens everytime he bites.
Keep your fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that this continues! I see light at the end of a long tunnel!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
06-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Good boy Magoo! Just keep it up:D You don't want anymore flying swats do you?? You do something bad and that mystery swat will keep happening:eek: We know you mean to be good:) Keep writing to us, ok??

CatMama78
06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Ode to Magoo:

Oh Mr. Magoo, we love you, oh Magoo how we love you. When we do not hear stories of you, we're blue! Oh Mag-oo we love you.

:D :D

Such great news!!! I'm so excited too. You've done so great with him. You are truly not only a life saver, but a quality of life saver. I do not think Magoo could have been any luckier than finding you.

rg_girlca
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
OH Mr. Magoo, I am so happy for you. I don't know why, but your story brought tears to my eyes. You have come a long way fella and I hope you continue to do so. Keep those nips in check and you won't get anymore surprises okay sweetie.
I am so looking forward to hearing more stories from you.
Like you said CCL, what a breakthrough. It just warms my heart to hear this.

Randi
06-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Oh Magoo, this is really a breakthrough! :D I'm so happy that you're let out with the other kitties and can explore. :) I'm sure you'll be a good boy. ;) We love you!!

catcrazylady
06-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys for caring so much about Magoo. I almost cry sitting here and thinking about it. I felt like I was in a dream and it was a wonderful thing! I thought his dad pushed things to fast but it worked out so we will go with that!
Geez! What Magoo? Ok, fine you can say one more thing!

I just wanted to get this is in before mom has a chance to tell because this REALLY wasn't my fault! I heard Pete scratching around in the litter box and I just went to investigate. Pete freaked out! I just sniffed him but he was terrified. He couldn't get out because he was peeing and I guess he couldn't make it stop so he hissed and hissed! I didn't do anything except stand there and wonder what his problem was but as soon as he coud shut down the water works he flew out a there! Mom says Pete gets traumatized over everything and that wasn't my fault. I just wanted to let you all know that.

Felicia's Mom
06-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear things are going good with Magoo!:)

Craftlady
06-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Great news :)
Poor Pete, guess he doesn't like community bathrooms LOL

catlover4ever
06-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Two paw steps in the right direction. Keep up the good work...OH CCL...keep up the good work too. ;) ;)

moosmom
06-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Lisa, that is WONDERFUL news!! It looks like things are finally settling in.

Magoo, I am SO proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Kirsten
06-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Awww, sweet Mr. Magoo, I'm so happy to hear you were allowed to stay out for so long and that you behaved so well! What a good boy you were!!! :)

CCL, that's a very good idea with the towel. Good that he cannot see from where it's coming, that way he will learn pretty fast that biting means "a bad surprise" from the back. :)

Kirsten

nibblets
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Oh Magoo! What a good boy you were with the other kitties. I know Pepper Jack cheese is good for munching on, but not Pepper Jack kitties!
Keep up the good work and you will be hanging out with the crowd a lot more.

p.s. be cautious of peeing Petes! ;)

RedHedd
06-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Oh Magoo! This is indeed good news! Now just be careful not to P'off Pepper Jack :D!

slick
06-21-2004, 03:09 PM
What great news Magoo!!!! I'm so happy that things are turning out so well.

PS Can I please kiss your sweet facie????

**smooch smooch**

catcrazylady
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
What great news Magoo!!!! I'm so happy that things are turning out so well.

PS Can I please kiss your sweet facie????

**smooch smooch**

Slick, how much do you value your lips?http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizzielou742
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear that Mr. Magoo is adjusting!!

Cataholic
06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Yippee, Mr. Magoo!

slick
06-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Slick, how much do you value your lips?http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
LOL Not much obviously.

When you have him out for a one-on-one, can you kiss the top of his head at all or is it too soon after the "incident"?? Just curious how trusting he is.

catnapper
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
What wonderful news!!! I am just thrilled to the toes to hear that his freedom is going well.

Poor Pepper Jack, he's just trying to go about his business when he gets taste tested!

kimlovescats
06-21-2004, 04:52 PM
OH this is WONDERFUL!!!!! I am so PROUD OF YOU, Magoo .... GOOD KITTY!!!!:D Now, Pepper Jack .... you just settle down sweetheart and don't be so jumpy!!!:eek: :D

Five hours, Lisa, is wonderful!!! YIPPEE!!!

Miss Meow
06-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Oops, I bumped the old thread because I didn't see this one :o

I love Magoo, and am happy to see that he's stable :)

NKBurlington
06-21-2004, 06:37 PM
That is such great news.

Everytime I see little Magoo's face, I want to cry. It makes me sad what he's been through but it makes me smile to know that he has a family that is willing to do anything to give him a high quality of life.

RICHARD
06-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I was thinking back to the thread about how Senor Magoo wasn't going to work out.....

Here we are a few months later and it seems that he is starting to fit in

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48471&highlight=magoo

Isn't patience a wonderful thing???;)

sirrahned
06-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Good job Magoo ...:D

catcrazylady
06-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Slick: Yes I can kiss him on the top of his head as long as I approach from the back after he has had lots chicken play and is settled down. He still tries to bite me but most of the time it's because he wants to play some more. I don't think he would bite hard but I'm not about to find out!!:D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Richard: It's funny that you should bring up that thread. I went back and reread it. We had a few set backs tonight and hubby got mad and said the same thing again..."That's it! If he doesn't stop biting he's going back to the shelter! I will not have him hurting the other cats!!!" Fortunately that moment has passed and we are all at peace again. I know hubby doesn't mean it but he got really mad tonight.

Leroy has been so good with Magoo and Magoo walked up to him tonight and started to sniff him. That was fine until Magoo reached down and bit down hard on Leroy's neck. Leroy screamed and hubby popped Magoo good with a towel. When I say popped I mean hit with the towel not snapping it and hurting him. Magoo settled down for a while after that but then he tried again with Maggie Sue. BIG MISTAKE! She busted him good and that really scared him. Then he was sniffing on Sammy and Sammy decided to give Magoo the first warning shot. Sammy meowed and gently popped Magoo on top of the head. Magoo ran after all the other experiences.

It's really kind of sad because Magoo is making the other cats defensive which in turn is scaring the tar out of Magoo. I guess they will all have to work it out.

We did have some good moments though! Leroy and Pepper Jack are very forgiving and they played with Magoo in the kitchen tonight. They all chased around a bottle top. Right now Magoo took over my chair and is resting from his adventures...good and bad!

I know Richard...PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE ...sometimes it is very hard on the nerves though!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

catmandu
06-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Prayers are on thier way for our Pal Scrappy Magoo, from all of us at the Found Cats Hotel!

trayi52
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Awww, sweet, sweet Magoo, you have finally got you a home! In case you didn't know Magoo, Mommy has put your picture in her siggy! I would say that is a very good sign, wouldn't you?

Lisa, I am so happy to hear that Magoo is finally fitting in! I can understand not wanting another bite, OUCH, that really hurts. But it is so good to hear this great news of how he is progressing into a familyl member!

Willie:)

Laura's Babies
06-24-2004, 12:07 AM
As you know, I have been checking on our Mr. Magoo from the river and am glad to see you still have him. His picture here just GRABBED my heart (Ha! Like the rest of them hadn't already?) He looks so happy, contented, and self assured in this picture.. I have been praying for this guy (and for you) since he is such a special sweetheart. He will learn, just hang in there and give him time. As he gains trust of the rest of your gang, they all will become friends once it is established WHO IS BOSS! He has to learn and I think he will, that he is not on the streets anymore and there is no need for him to attack or fear the other fur kids.. I am so glad to see him again!!

jazzcat
06-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Aww Magoo!!! He's come so far, I'm sure with more time he will settle into this new found freedom well. Just remember, Baby Steps!!

Hugs and scritchies to Magoo - the Mini Me for Ripley, LOL!!!