PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express for e-mail

jenluckenbach
06-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Could anyone help me a bit with outlook express? I am on a new (used) computer (thank you catnapper). I never used outlook express, I used to use Eurora for e-mail. But if I can learn Outlook I will not need to get the Eudora program back.

1st question...how do I enable the spell check feature?

Any other tips or comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Pam
06-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Jen, go to Tools and then click on Options. Click on the Spelling tab and then customize what you want (example: always check spelling before sending.) ;)
PS: I wish there was a Pet Talk spell checker. Heaven knows I could use it. :rolleyes:

catnapper
06-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Dear Jen, Outlook is quite easy! I can't tutor you though because I only used it once or twice. I'm still trying to figure out how to change my account from Yahoo to Netzero on OE!!! I asked here once before and got great advice on how to change it, and still can't!!! I'm such a computer no-nothing!

Jen, I'm really glad to see that everything is up and running just fine! It makes my little catnapping heart feel good!

Pam, I agree, spellcheck on PT would be a marvelous thing for me too!

Randi
06-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Catnapper, in your OE menuline, find Account, then Properties and you can set it there. :)

Here's a spell checker - bookmark it!

http://www.spellcheck.net/

sirrahbed
06-21-2004, 07:28 AM
For Outlook Express to be able to have the spell check feature in Options, you have to have one of the Microsoft Office products installed (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft PowerPoint) Otherwise, you will not have the spell option - sorry! But if you don't have MSOffice, that spell check site that Randi gave you is a good option :)

jenluckenbach
06-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
For Outlook Express to be able to have the spell check feature in Options, you have to have one of the Microsoft Office products installed (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft PowerPoint) Otherwise, you will not have the spell option - sorry! But if you don't have MSOffice, that spell check site that Randi gave you is a good option :) ]
That explains why the spelling option is just grey. I would like to have microsoft word, but until then I'll use the spelling site Randi suggested. Is it self-explainitory? (I have not visited there yet) Do you do the whole letter at once or only words you have questions about?

sirrahbed
06-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Do you do the whole letter at once or only words you have questions about?
Either way - you can check only one word if you want. Or, type in the whole message, spell check/correct it - then cut and paste it into PT (or wherever) :) Just keep two windows open and it is very easy.