PDA

View Full Version : Are you easily swayed by pretty packaging or advertising..when buying a product....

carole
06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Not sure if we have had this before or not, but I was just thinking how gullible I am in this area, I am easily persuaded to purchase an item because of advertising or nice packaging.,yep I am sucker for it.
Right now I am being sucked in by the new Revlon makeup-called chocolush, , this is their advertising pitch.

"Finally, decadent chocolates that won't go on your hips.
Guiltlessly indulge yourself with the Revlon winter 2004 Chocolush Colour collection, a sophiscated, luxurious, range of beautiful browns for eyes,lips,cheeks and nails."

"This playful chocolate-inspired collection is "calorie free" and created to remind us how sweet life pleasures can be"

ok I have seen the product and it looks mighty fine, I love browns, as they seem to suit my complexion and colouring, but as a Chocoholic this had more appeal to me,listen to the names of the lip glosses, Toffee Drizzle,Nougat Swirl, and Chocolush, this even features a sweet, chocolate inspired scent.

What you all reckon girls? I can almost taste it now.

Just curious to what you think? are you easily swayed like me or are you strong and only buy what you want, not influenced by anything except maybe word of mouth.?

PS I am going to buy some of this new product, see they got to me.:D

NoahsMommy
06-21-2004, 01:26 AM
I am a marketers DREAM!!! Put it in a pretty package and no matter what it is, I WANT it!! ;)

Miss Meow
06-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Carole, I have already been sucked in by the Chocolush :)

I can't smell or taste any chocolate in the glosses, but I bought the toffee drizzle. It's a nice, sheer gloss with a hint of colour. Not sticky at all. Generous sized container. Bargain for $15.95!

I also like the ad for the Chanel aqualumiere lipstick in Waikiki. Sold out around the world - ah yes, the power of advertising :)

sirrahbed
06-21-2004, 07:39 AM
:o I want some, yes.
I am also influenced by the packaging - even though I *KNOW* it is happening:rolleyes: I am always tempted by the pretty aromatherapy sets with promises of calm and relaxation!!! That and anything in prettily wrapped baskets. I hate that I do this!!!
And YES, I am going to find the Chocolush TODAY!!:p (right after I make myself exercise)

sirrahbed
06-21-2004, 12:10 PM
ARGHH! Seems this Revlon product was introduced as a special promo in January and is now out of stock:mad:

cali
06-21-2004, 12:47 PM
lol only catchy jingles make me want something lol even kiddy toys that I know I would never touch I want because I like the jingle lol