PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

carla and mike
06-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi Me and Mike have 9 cats.
Our last kitten is Marshall from queenscoopalot.
She resued him on his secnd day of life and gave
him to us at about 3 and a half weeks.I'll send you
a new picture of Marshall when I have more time to do so.
He'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday.He's adorable and lovable and VERY lucky that he was saved from starvation thirst or a racoon dinner.
Carla

Karen
06-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! We do so love it when a new owner joins the board so we can follow the former foster-kitty's new life! This should probably be in Cat General, as you seem to be kitty person for sure! Next time, anyway, I don't want to confuse you by moving your first good post!

QueenScoopalot
06-20-2004, 06:53 PM
You made it here and introduced yourself. You know we are all going to be bugging you for those Marshall pictures, even though I saw him last week. Can't get enough of baby Marshall the swamp rat! http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Marshallatthreeweeks.jpg Hi new mommy Carla & Happy Father's day to Mike from Marshall. Give him a kiss for me. :)

QueenScoopalot
06-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Welcome to Pet Talk! We do so love it when a new owner joins the board so we can follow the former foster-kitty's new life! This should probably be in Cat General, as you seem to be kitty person for sure! Next time, anyway, I don't want to confuse you by moving your first good post! I think more people would recognise Marshall & Carla under Cat General for sure. Karen (the Mayor of Pettalk) can move the whole thread like magic. Just ask.

Karen
06-21-2004, 07:26 AM
I moved it! Let the ooing and awwwing begin!

Randi
06-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Welcome to PT, Carla and Mike! :) What a little cutie Marshall is. :p We're hoping to see more of him and the rest. ;)

Fallon
06-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Welcome and have fun. You definitely are a cat person. I hope to hear a lot about all of your cats and see a lot more pictures of Marshall.

catmandu
06-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Welcome To Pet Talk, and All 15 Found Cats , the StrayCats and Feeder , WELCOME You , and you are in The Right Place!

catlover4ever
06-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi Carla and Welcome to Pet Talk. I look forward to hearing and seeing more of your kitties. Again Welcome.

rosethecopycat
06-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Welcome to PT.

I have three permanents (Snowy, Bella, Mr.Jones)and an ongoing string of fosters through Siamese Rescue.

Tell us about your 9!

Rose

catcrazylady
06-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Welcome to PT!!! Can't wait to hear all about your nine kitties! We are all ready in love with little Marshall and its nice to know we can still see him.
You will love this place!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
06-21-2004, 12:03 PM
WELCOME!! 9 cats..........not bad, but 10 would be better ;) :D

I have 15 cats and fosters! many fosters!!!

Cant' wait to hear about and see ALL your kitties.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Aw, what a cute baby! He looks a lot like my Leonardo who was only about 10 days old when I found him. He was a bottle baby but now is almost 14! He has 2 adopted brothers: Luke and Chester and an adopted sister: Grandma.

Welcome to Pet Talk! It will be lots of fun getting to know you and watching that sweetie grow up!:D

lizzielou742
06-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Awww Marshall is so cute!!!

PayItForward
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Welcome, It is always nice to see a new kitty mummy join up :D

I am owned my the 8 cats in my signature :D

AmberLee
06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Looking forward to meeting you and hearing more about Marshall.

My fur-kids are Cassy (Perspicacity Purrrsonality) and Livvy (Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni) and they keep me hopping! Livvy turned 5 in April and Cassy will turn 5 in July. She may be a Maine Coon mix and he is the dilute silver domestic short hair original tabby in my avatar.

RedHedd
06-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Aww. Welcome to PT!

kimlovescats
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
WELCOME! It is so good to have you, and to get to keep up with little Marshall! I look forward to getting to know your other kitties and you as well!

;)

Miss Meow
06-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi, welcome!

I'm Nicole and have four cats (who I really need to put back in my signature pic) and two small, smelly but totally lovable hounds.

Hope you enjoy it here :)

leslie flenner
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
my goodness! I hope we'll get to see little marshall grow up! he and kim's Tabitha were rescued at about the same time (Tabitha siblings all passed but she persevered!- with much attention from kim!) So they are possible kindred spirits! Please post pics and updates on his progress.. is he still on the bottle? Has he met other cats yet? (at jan's he met no cats as he was isolated for health reasons..!) Keep us super posted!

leslie flenner
06-21-2004, 10:59 PM
just to clarify reason for isolating newborn from other cats. It has nothing to do with the health of other cats in the home. Newborns are just isolated as a matter of course because they can pick up anything that vaccinated cats will not. Don't want to worry Carla unnecessarily!

carla and mike
06-22-2004, 05:01 AM
He's still in a room to his own but has met all the other cats
up close when we bring him out.He's pooping and peeing anywhere he wants which is tough on my back but we'll
get it right.He goes in and out of the litter box but likes the bathroom floor better.geez.
But he likes kitten food and baby chicken and gravy food and of course the formula bottle a couple times a day.But I'm weeding off that and the baby food to just kitten wet science diet very soon.
He really poops and pees a lot so he's not hungry.lol.
I put the poop in the litter box to show him and stimulate him to pee in the box but he still goes everywhere else.I don't want my other cats in there to smell anything he's done on the floor that might be left over either.So my cats are not going to train him.He'll have to learn on his own.And I hope it's soon.I don't know how to send a new picture from my pictures in my computer yet.
He sees the vet on June 30th.

carla and mike
06-22-2004, 05:18 AM
Hello to everyone.And everyone's who's written and welcomed me.I'll try to write about the others.But here's a short summary.

KiKi and BooBoo 15 year old brothers.(had the whole time)
KiKi is black and white BooBoo all black.Same moms.5 months apart.KiKi is older.My 1st cat.

Rosco,about 6years old.(adopted a year and a half ago)1st adoptie,Grey,White feet.Super friendly to other cats.Very pretty.

Monty about 4 years old.owner dumped him.Maincoon.Brown.big guy.Devistated by his owner dumping him.Even after a year now.

Colby about 2 years old White with huge feather black tail.big guy.

Lucy and Penny littermates.About 3 years.All white.

Bowie.about 1 and a half year old.Black,lovable.

And then there's the tiny peanut Marshall.grey and beige tabby.
about your hand size.

QueenScoopalot
06-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Carla, Maybe for a few weeks (as hard as it may be to try) keep Marshall in a cage with his litterpan? At least until he realises that the potty (not the floor) is where he should be going. The time to be learning proper potty habits is right now. He'd be caged until he learned if he was here. ;) You can't have him going all over the new home in Maine that's for sure! Not to mention your back! Jan

carla and mike
06-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Jan
Thanks for the advise and I'll do that.Where is a good place to get a cage that's comfortable for him and big enough for a small litterbox?I'll get whatever you tell me.Thanks.Carla
I also ordered online 2 pet bottle feeders in case I find more up Maine.LOL

QueenScoopalot
06-22-2004, 08:06 AM
I can get ahold of one for you to use for a while I'm sure. Maybe keep it up on the counter or someplace high so it doesn't hurt your back. It's usually in a kitten's nature to use the litterpan without hesitation, but being that Marshall was an "only child" with no mama to show him the ropes, he's not too bright I guess. He can learn though! I'll see what I can do about finding a cage for you to use for a while until he does his thing in the litterpan only. ;)

QueenScoopalot
06-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by carla and mike
Thanks Jan
I put him in one of those huge carriers I had downstairs with a litter box and towels.You can come check it out.I think this will do.
And now he's not alone a lot.He's in the big bedroom most of the time and can travel to any room and all the cats have been walking around and getting used to him.Thanks for the great idea.
Carla I think if you put some newspapers down it will be easier to pull out any wet ones. And maybe just let him sleep on the towel. Make sure his food is near the door. Instinct with kitties is not to go potty where the food is, but Marshall's got to learn. I also wouldn't let him out too often until he masters that litterbox thing. ;) Maybe carry him around, and let him play in the tub, but keep him in the carrier for a week at least.

aki
06-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Welcome to PT from Chuck!

trayi52
06-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Carla and Mike!! I too would love to see pictures of your kitties.

Have you joined Photobucket yet? It is free, and you can upload your pictures there and then use the bottom Img code under the picture to download your pictures. If you need any help, resizing them just pm me and let me know, and I will help you with that.

Willie:)

leslie flenner
06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Take advantage of above offer! Dying to see Marshall photos and of course your others!

carla and mike
06-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Still trying to figure out how to get the pictures in.
I have a digital and there in my computer in the Kodak file but I don't see where to do this?I'll get Mike to help me later.

ChrisH
06-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Carla and Mike! :) :D

carla and mike
06-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Your pets are gorgeous

ChrisH
06-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Carla, do you mean my Bob the dog and Ebby the cat? :) If so, a big Thank You! :D

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your kitties, I am sure they are all gorgeous too! :D

Chris

carla and mike
06-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Yes I did mean those 2 but I wanted to tell everyone else I keep looking at everyones pictures that replied to me and I love all of them.It's hard for me to keep up on this because I'm new but I'll get to everyone eventually.I'm still trying to make sure i'm replying correctly.
I love the pictures of many cats in one house too.Looks like my house with 9 cats and just me and Mike.it's nice and quiet here.lol.
We just built a new home in Maine so I'm running back and forth from Ma. to Maine also.We'll be moving there after Mike retires next year and we sell this house.