PDA

View Full Version : Toby's My Baby's Horse got hurt

almamee
06-20-2004, 03:32 PM
:( She was on the MSN messegnger when I was on and she told me that her horse Austin, jumped over a fence which was 5 feet tall and Austin is only 4 1/2 feet tall.:( :( :(

She was supposed to be at a horse show and to like jumping and stuff with but Austin was hurt. Toby's My Baby I hope your horse Austin will feel better. But the only thing he is Limping and he won't stop I hope your horse will feel better.

tatsxxx11
06-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Oh no:( I too hope her horse heals quickly!!! Hopefully it wasn't more than a sprain or pulled muscle:( Did the vet check him out yet? Please keep us updated.

dukedogsmom
06-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Hope it isn't too serious. Flair is still recovering from his injury. Gets his stitches out Tuesday. Let us know more when you can.

countrycowgirl
06-20-2004, 04:50 PM
oh no!!! I hope that he gets better soon .....please keep us updated

Dogz
06-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I just got off the phone with Beth, here is the story she told me.

Austin jumped the gate, and it was 4 1/2 feet tall. Austin is almost 5 feet tall. You got the sizes mixed up there.

Austin hurt his leg. They brought him to the horse show because they didn't notice it at first. When they took him out of the trailer, he was limping. Their mom went home to get him some medicine. They waited around to see if the medicine would help him.

The poor boy was still limping, so he didn't get to go into any of the shows.

I hope Austin gets better. Poor boy. Give him hugs from me, Beth. Hoping for a fast recovery, and some prizes at the next show! :)

Toby's my baby
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks Emma for clearing things up.

I will send best wishes from all to Austin. He has another show on Saturday, and I hope we will be able to go! Austin is still limping but it is getting better.

The vet has not been out yet, but if Austin does not improve in the next week or so we will have one come out. I do not want to force him into doing something that could hurt it worse, so I am having him keep it easy for a few days. If Austin breaks it doing something he most likley would have to be put down. :( :eek:

dukedogsmom
06-21-2004, 07:32 PM
There are options for horses' broken legs now. For one thing, swimming therapy. There are slings for the stalls that go under their bellies to keep the weight off the legs. I highly doubt he would need to be put down if he did break a leg. Glad he wasn't hurt too badly. When he starts showing again, we'd love to see some pics.

countrycowgirl
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
thanks for the update glad to hear that he is doing better .... I will be praying for a speedy recovery for him..... big guy and sugar send positive neighs his way;) ......

Toby's my baby
06-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks you guys!

dukedogsmom: thanks for letting me know that, I did not know, that is a tremendous releif!

I WAS planning on taking pics during the show on saturday but I guess my plans didnt turn out..... :o I will take pics on Saturday if Austin is able to compete.

KYS
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
I hope Austin gets better SOON! Sending lots of good thoughts.

Toby's my baby
06-25-2004, 11:37 AM
A neighbor came over the other day and took a look at Austin, we now know that it is not Austins leg that is hurt, it is his chest, he has a big bruse and it is swullen. If Austin does not improve in a few days I am going to ask the vet to come out and check him over.

Please pray for Austin to have a safe and fast recovery!

-Beth