PDA

View Full Version : PM Box Help PLEASE!

kimlovescats
06-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I keep getting the same PM notices over and over again!! Now I keep getting messages saying that my PM Inbox is full and I have deleted it and I haved emptied all of my Deleted Items also! What is going on???? KAREN, HELP!!!!:confused:

dukedogsmom
06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
You did what I did, forgot about the sent folder. Mine was chocked full from things a year ago or more. Did you check that?

kimlovescats
06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Yep I took care of that too! I am really puzzled.:confused:

catnapper
06-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Maybe the tracking messages makes a difference? Also, have you cleaned out everything "from the beginning"? Checking my inbox to see if there's anywhere else a PM could hide! :D

Randi
06-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Now that the subject is PM's ..... do any of you get PM's double? I've had some lately - from the same person and with the same title. :confused: Not only from ONE person.

popcornbird
06-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Now that the subject is PM's ..... do any of you get PM's double? I've had some lately - from the same person and with the same title. :confused: Not only from ONE person.

Sometimes........That happens when PT is acting up and taking long to load. Sometimes the person will click on *reply* several times when it doesn't go through, and it ends up sending it as many times as you clicked on reply.

Karen
06-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Yep I took care of that too! I am really puzzled.:confused:

You marked witha checkbox to delete and then did hit "delete messages"? In both your "in box" and in "sent items"? When you look at the bottom of the main page of Pet Talk, how many messages does it say you have?

It should then work. It doesn't work if you simply "move" them to another mailbox ... Send me your password by PM or email, and I'll check it out ...

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2004, 07:00 PM
My pm box has been acting up the last few days too.:( I've been getting double pm messages or no pm alert messages to let me know that I've received a pm. Also if I'm online at the time and receive a pm, if I click yes that I want to read it, it doesn't take me to my pm box.:(

kimlovescats
06-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Karen ... just like Krazyabout katz and Randi ... I have been getting numerous notices for the same PM's ... even after I have checked them. So it's not a problem limited to just me, I don't think

Karen
06-19-2004, 07:36 PM
When the server is slow, people sometimes click send a couple times, which results in multiple copies. Various ISPs are having slow-downs and problems lately, usually because of viruses or spam clogging the servers. We have noticed problems with our own ISP, Comcast, a couple times over the past day or so. I do not know what is affecting the Internet for us, or for others.

As for your browser not taking you to the PM box when you click it, or not notifying you, make sure no one has installed a "pop-up-blocker" on your machine, or changed some setting on your browser.

I have not been getting multiple PMs in my box, and I am receiving email notifications. I am not succeptible to most viruses, being as I'm on a Mac, and do not use Outlook for email. But there are many viruses out there right now that specifically effect email, and mail servers.

Make a note on the specific times that PMs have been doubled, send that in a PM to Paul with a brief explanation. He does all the technical stuff, and can check our serever agin, though when he checked it earlier, there was nothing technically wrong with it.

kimlovescats
06-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Ok... thanks Karen. I have definitely noticed the longer connect times with the site. I am on comcast too ... "always online" ... but it has been slllllloooooow connecting to PT lately!;)

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2004, 01:18 AM
I now have a pop-up filter so I guess that explains the reason why I'm not taken to my pm box when I receive a pm while I'm online. Thanks.:)