PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Hoodoo...

Glacier
06-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Dearest Hoodoo

It's after midnight as I write this so I guess it's your birthday. How did five years pass so quickly? I remember the day you were born. How excited we were when your breeder called and said the litter had arrived safely. How cute you were when we saw you just a few hours later. But oh, no we weren't taking a puppy, but we owned your sire and visited often.

Eventually, we fell in love with all of you, but decided to take your brother Earle home. You went with friends who we thought would be good to you. I remember thinking in my head that night that one day you would be with us. I should have just taken you then. Can you imagine the ruckus you and Earle would have raised together as babies???

And then 9 months later, you did come to live with us. No one had bothered to train you or give you what huskies need to be happy, but you held no grudges. You were a happy, forgiving soul and you quickly made up for lost time.

For the next four years, you added joy, laughter and silliness to our home. Like any good siberian husky, you also added a bit of frustration, challenges, noise and the occasional chewed up item!

And then you were gone. The spirits called you home on February 29, 2004. We were so shocked, stunned and hurt by the loss of you. So many dogs and cats were still here, but the house was empty without you.

How is it possible that four months have passed? How did life go on? I was so sure it wouldn't at first. That pain was almost too much to bear. I still miss you every day and you are never far from my mind, always in my heart. I still look for you and sometimes I forget you are gone. I will never forget you my sweet boy. Even though my heart is broken now, I wouldn't have missed knowing and loving you for the world.

Today we are going to scatter your ashes in all your favorite places. You aren't in that little box. Whatever special thing made you Hoodoo--your spirit, soul, personality was gone before we even got you to the vet that awful afternoon. You always hated being confined and I can't have your body spend forever in a box. So we will set your physical remains free. Your spirit will forever be a part of this place.

Have a happy birthday, Howlin' Hoodoo. Get someone at the bridge to give you some extra treats.

Love Always,
Mom

tatsxxx11
06-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Oh Glacier...how the tears fell when I read your beautiful tribute to your beloved boy Hoodoo. Your stone tribute to him is so beautiful and so fitting. I know how your heart is aching and I know how much you miss him. He was taken from you and the pack far too soon and it breaks my heart that you and Earle and Hoodoo could not all be together to celebrate this special day:( But it's clear, every day of his life with you he was loved as none another. And I have no doubt your precious Hoodoo is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge, sending happy tail wags and slurpy licks to his mommy and brother Earle. I'm sure all of our Rainbow Bridge pups are throwin' Howlin Hoodoo a blowout birthday bash:) You're right Glacier. His soaring Husky spirit is already free and now is the perfect time to free his body from that box and release him to the heavens. Happy Birthday to you beautiful Hoodoo. Love, Sandra, Star and Cody. {{{HUGS}}}

Cinder & Smoke
06-19-2004, 08:27 PM
A Beautiful Tribute in words;

and a Beautiful Marker ~

Both by a Loving FurMom ...

Hoodoo ~ Always In our Thoughts ~
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/hoodoo_stone.jpg

Rest In Peace, Hoodoo.

/s/ :( Phred

Karen
06-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Hoooowwwwwlllllllllll!

Goodnight again, dear Hoodoo - now go find my mom, she'll have extra treats for good dogs.

Canis Amicus
06-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Your words touched deep in my heart.

Hoodoo, Happy Birthday.

dukedogsmom
06-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh Hoodoo, your mama misses you so much. You must have been a very special spirit. Have lots of fun at the RB. I know in the back of your mind that you'll always be waiting until you can see her again. Sorry you had to leave this world so soon. You gave your mama lots of joy while you were here.

Sudilar
06-20-2004, 10:12 PM
What a beautiful tribute!!! Happy Birthday, Hoodoo.

My Peanuts
06-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Hoodoo, your mom misses you so much. Have a happy birthday at the RB.

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Glacier, It is so clear how much you love and miss sweet Hoodoo. Your tribute is very touching. My thoughts will be with you as you scatter his ashes and set him free.

ramanth
06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
:( We miss you Hoodoo.

RobiLee
06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Happy Birthday, Hoodoo.

What a wonderful tribute, Glacier.

Run and be happy, Hoodoo and please say hello to my sweet Chloe.

Robin

anna_66
06-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog, inside and out.

slick
06-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Glacier, I'm so sorry I missed this before and what a beautiful tribute to such a sweet pup.

I'm sure Hoodoo had a wonderful birthday party at the RB with all the other doggie angels. He knows how much you loved him.