PDA

View Full Version : Hoodoo's stone...

Glacier
06-19-2004, 01:19 AM
June 19 would have been Hoodoo's fifth birthday. Dear god, how I miss that dog!

We are making a rock garden in our yard--real garden is pointless with this many dogs! But rocks might survive. I am planning to make one for each furkid as they pass--although I hope I don't have to go through this again for a long time!

This is Hoodoo's stone. The glass pieces are black and white, like his fur and blue and brown like his eyes. The brown doesn't show up real well in the picture. I thought it turned out pretty well for my first attempt at a concrete stone! It has to stay in the form for a few days. Hopefully it won't fall to bits when I take it out!

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/hoodoo_stone.jpg

I miss you buddy. Have a happy birthday. Tell great-grandma to give you some extra treats. :(

anna_66
06-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh Glacier it's just beautiful. What a wonderful way to remember your Hoodoo.
We also have a stone for our RB Keisha.

dukedogsmom
06-19-2004, 01:15 PM
That is so beautiful and special, just like Hoodoo. That's a great idea that I'll have to remember for later. I like that much better than an impersonal store ordered stone. What a great tribute to him!
I'll read the birthday one later. Am at work and already getting leaky eyes........

tatsxxx11
06-19-2004, 06:48 PM
You've made your boy so proud Glacier:) What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Hoodoo. The fact that it was created with your own hands and a heart filled with love makes it even more special. I wrote you a note on his birthday thread:( You and Hoodoo are in my thoughts and prayers on this sad day. Love, Sandra

RobiLee
06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
What a beautiful way to remember Hoodoo. Its lovely and so special.

Robin

slick
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
What a beautiful stone and I'm sure Hoodoo is wagging his tail with delight. :)

Did you etch it yourself? How is it made?

Glacier
06-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by slick

Did you etch it yourself? How is it made?

It's ready mix concrete. I just mixed it up and stuck the glass and stones in the wet cement. You have to wait for it to set a bit before doing the writing. I just used a wooden skewer for the writing.

ramanth
06-22-2004, 01:45 PM
What a lovely marker and tribute. :)

lv4dogs
11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry if bringing this thread back up brings hurtful memories but someone pointed out what beautiful memorial stones you make so I went a searching. The picture isn't coming up anymore. Is it too much trouble to repost a picture?

dab_20
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
yah, the picture isnt working. i am sure its beautiful though.

Glacier
11-07-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry if bringing this thread back up brings hurtful memories but someone pointed out what beautiful memorial stones you make so I went a searching. The picture isn't coming up anymore. Is it too much trouble to repost a picture?

No problem. I can't find the one of just Hoodoo's stone, but this gives you the idea.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/stones.jpg
Dominique's stone and Hoodoo's. Hoodoo's was the first one I ever made. I didn't really have a proper mold at the time. I just winged it. Hoodoo would appreciate that--he was a 'wing it" kind of dog! Now I have the heart shaped mold that I've used twice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/1ca75875.jpg
here's all three of them. They are still on the deck as I haven't decided where to put the garden in the yard.

Jessika
11-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Those are beautiful!! Awwww!! My cousin made my grandparents something like that for Christmas and they are so pretty. :)