PDA

View Full Version : Nebo's parents on petfinder.com ?

wolf_Q
06-18-2004, 05:59 PM
I have a bad habit of checking out all the huskies for adoption at petfinder.com all the time.

I came across this dog today and he looks just like Nebo's dad. Nebo's dad's name is Kovu, I know that says Kovo but it could be a typo. There's another sibe listed with the same organization named Kiara, same name as Nebo's mom. There isn't a pic for her but if you look at the pic of Kovo there's a dog next to him with the same coloring of Nebo's mom.

What do you think? Here's the dogs... http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2966971&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=40d3737662edbf65-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2966987&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=40d3737662edbf65-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

And here's pics of Nebo's parents
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pe9ffb9b0de6ec16294f0f5a1fb1ae562/fb4a3ccd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p9f6fa38139af4841ae028e33eda14193/fb4a3c9a.jpg

I don't really know the point of this post other than it disturbs me if it is them. :( I would email the breeder but I don't think I have her address anymore. I hope they find a good home, wish I could take them.

luckies4me
06-18-2004, 06:12 PM
It's them alright! :( Same exact markings with the tiny bit of dark in the light on the blaze, same nose marking up the middle. How sad. :( I would try to find her address and ask what happened. Maybe you can email them and correct their spelling. Poor babies. :(

wolf_Q
06-18-2004, 06:17 PM
I just emailed the organization asking for more info about them. I do really think that looks like him, though it is a bit odd as Ephraim isn't exactly close to Salt Lake City...where the breeder lived...or used to live? Maybe she moved?

Kfamr
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
It sure does look like him.

Too bad you cant adopt them. :(

Cinder & Smoke
06-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

I don't really know the point of this post other than
it disturbs me if it is them. :(

I would email the breeder but I don't
think I have her address anymore.
I hope they find a good home, wish I could take them.

Amy ~

Maybe you CAN Help...

E-mail the Shelter and ASK them what the *Tial* is for the
two dogs... their History.

Tell them what You know about Kovu and Kiara -
and that they threw a GREAT PUP (Nebo)!

Even though you can't take them - your Input may HELP!
And you could try to remember or research the Breeder's name -
maybe (somehow) she Doesn't Know where they are now :(

Putting in a Gud Word for them might help get them Adopted.

GOOD LUCK!

/s/ Phred

heinz57_79
06-18-2004, 06:40 PM
It really looks like Kovu... The markings are pretty much identical, even in shape! I really hope it isn't them... that would be terrible! :(

dappledoxie
06-18-2004, 08:00 PM
That sure does look like him, ahhh! :( That's awful if it is..

CountryWolf07
06-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh my! :( It does look like them, unfortunately..

Kfamr
06-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Find out anything Amy??

RubyMutt
06-19-2004, 10:23 PM
That really is disturbing :( I wonder what happened (assuming that is them)

Please keep us posted

luckies4me
06-20-2004, 12:35 AM
It IS them. Look at the markings, everything is the same, down to the tiniest spots on his face, and that is for sure the same girl dog. I emailed them just after I replied the first time, before Amy. This is what I said:

I belong to a forum online and we are all saddened to see one of our dog's parents has been turned into your shelter. Such a disappointment. I wanted to let you know that the male dogs name is not Kovo, it's Kovu. Is there any possible way you can place these two together? They are bonded and were breeders and would very much like to stay together. I am sure they would be much happier if placed in the same home. Their doggie son is saddened to hear his parents wound up in a shelter. We at Pet Talk will all be praying that these two wonderful dogs find a loving forever home!

Then I directed them to this thread and told them that if they wanted to get in touch with you I could ask you for your information.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-20-2004, 05:39 PM
It's sure looks like them, Amy. Too bad you can'a adopt them. :( Hopefully the two pups will find a good home real soon.

MariaM
06-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I agree. It looks pretty well exactly like him. Look at those 3 spots on his face.

Amber
06-20-2004, 07:21 PM
looks ALOT like him.

I just saw that Kiara's say she is a male. not sure if thats a mistake or something..

cali
06-20-2004, 07:25 PM
I think thats a mistake because the entire decription thing refered her her as "she" and while that could be a tpo I highly doubt they made the same typo every single time lol

wolf_Q
06-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Sorry I've been gone, we went camping...

It's totally them. :( This is the reply I got:

They were used for breeding, they are probably the same two dog. We got them from their owner in Salt Lake City.

Amber
06-20-2004, 09:34 PM
aww gee, thats too bad. :(

I think we can tell this breeder wasn't very responsible. Or unless they had a good reason. :(

dappledoxie
06-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh no! I hate to hear that

Blustang24
06-20-2004, 10:03 PM
That's such a shame. Too bad you couldn't get them, or atleast foster them somewhat. Who knows if the dad would get along with Nebo though. Hmm. I'm sorry that you ran across that, but happy in a way so you know what may happen to them in the future. Now you know they are still alive though. Maybe they may end up in a better home in the long run. I would be interested in seeing why they ended up there.

wolf_Q
06-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah I wish I could foster them or something. I asked my parents but they won't go for it.

Nebo met them last year, well, from behind a dog run. I don't think they would get along very well. I'm not sure how well they are with other dogs. As far as people, they are good though. Kiara isn't too interested in being petted, but Kovu is a total ham. He loved attention, especially getting his belly rubbed. *sigh* :(

luckies4me
06-20-2004, 11:53 PM
I got a reply today. Here is what it said:

If we can place them together we will, but we don't want to stop the happiness of one dog for the other. I feel that having one in a home is better than having two going from foster to foster. They are great dog, Kovo's spelling came from the way the former owners put it on his release form. I can change the spelling. thanks.

Kfamr
06-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Sorry I've been gone, we went camping...

It's totally them. :( This is the reply I got:

:( :( :(
Atleast we know they're going to have good homes, when they find ones for them.

countrycowgirl
06-21-2004, 12:20 AM
so sorry to here this:(

wolf_Q
06-21-2004, 12:25 AM
I do have to say one thing, AT LEAST the owner of them took the effort of taking them to a rescue, which btw is at least 2 hours away...there's several kill shelters in right there in Salt Lake City where she lives that she could have just dropped them off at.

Even if they have to be separated, I hope they find good homes. I wish there was somebody I knew that could take them.

EssTer
06-21-2004, 06:15 AM
OMG.. it's so sad :( I hope so hard that they'll find new homes as soon as possible :(

Fallon
06-21-2004, 08:05 AM
I wish you could adopt them.. they really do look alike. It could be them or not. I don't know. But try not to feel too bad!

Huskies_for_me
06-21-2004, 08:37 AM
its sad that it is them.:( they are beautiful. i wish i could keep them.:(

wolf_Q,maybe you could help by finding a rescue or a home for them.

ramanth
06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
I wonder why the breeder just couldn't of fixed them and tried to find them a home herself, since she decided to retire them. :(

I hope they find homes.