PDA

View Full Version : Some GOOD luck on eBay!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Around 6 months ago I bought a funny looking gold coin on eBay. It was only 10mm across, I didn't know what it was, and neither did the seller! I thought "well maybe it's worth something, and if not it will make a cute addition to my charm bracelet".....

Anyway 6 months later I eventually found someone who could identify the coin for me. It was minted in 1848, and I have been offered $1000 for it!!:D :D :D

Edit - I paid $12 for it, including shipping!

(I am assuming that it's probably worth even more, as the potential buyer was very quick to offer me $1000, so I need to check the REAL value before I try to sell it!!!)

I am ALWAYS trawling around car-boot sales and 2nd-hand shops - convinced that one day I will pay peanuts for a treasure and my hubby always laughed at me - until now ;)

I am attaching a pics, if you would like to see what it looks like!

RobiLee
06-18-2004, 02:16 PM
This is so exciting! Wow, you really did well this time didn't you! I have to say it is a very pretty coin and I can see why you bought it. Keep us posted and let us know what the true value turns out to be and what you decide to do with it.

Congrats on a great find!

Robin :)

thelmalu99
06-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I am ALWAYS trawling around car-boot sales and 2nd-hand shops - convinced that one day I will pay peanuts for a treasure and my hubby always laughed at me - until now

LOLOL! I agree. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and sometimes even more of a treasure than you expected!

Good for you! Hope it's worth a lot more! ;)

trayi52
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Lucky find!!!!!!:D

luckies4me
06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
That is so cool! :D The coin is very cute too BTW. That is just so neat that you spent so little and it's worth so much more. Good job!