PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Magoo, please

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 10:56 AM
I hope I am asking needlessly for PT prayers. I'm taking Magoo to the shelter vet tonight just to have her check the eye that she removed. I noticed a few days ago that his eye area was bigger on one side than the other. It kind of looks like a knot but it is real soft to the touch. Kind of squishy, which is what scares me. That is the the eye that was so infected when he came into the shelter and also became infected after the surgery. I talked to the doc last night and she said to pray that we don't have to open it back up to drain it!!!
We have come leaps and bounds with Magoo and I don't want him to have to go through the trauma and pain again. I'm sick at the thought of even having to do that to him! Please pray that I am wrong and his face is just different on one side!
I know it's really hard to tell in pictures but if you look on the left side I think you can kind of see what I'm talking about.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pbfcf6d2d0075e0992e7e3d9ee80c72ed/f844e12a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pb8946432a0b74bec9eacc9d6734a4776/f844e0d0.jpg

His appetite is great, he's playing fine and does not appear to feel sick or in pain. He doesn't scratch at it or even act like it hurts when I rub it.
Please pray that I'm overly paranoid and that nothing is wrong with my Magooster's eye socket.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

RedHedd
06-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh no! Of course prayers going out your way that it's nothing but a really observant and caring meowmie!

Logan
06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
You and Magoo are in my prayers. I hope you will get good news! You have worked such miracles for him!!!! :)

CatMama78
06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh, I hope it's nothing wrong. i'll say some prayers for Magoo. I looked at the pictures, but couldn't notice a difference : /. Hopefully you're just being overcautious. But of course better to be safe. Everyone in my house is sending good vibes over.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 11:12 AM
I can see it! I sure hope it's nothing. Positive thoughts and prayers are absolutely going out for the little Magooster. Like you say, he sure doesn't need any setbacks. Everything has been going so well lately....

sasvermont
06-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Oh my. I surely hope you are going to have a positive outcome. Keep us posted.

I am in love with Mr. Magoo!

SAS

Uniqueviking
06-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Positive thoughts and best wishes to Mr. Magoo and you!!!

catland
06-18-2004, 11:18 AM
I hope its nothing serious - he sure is lucky to have you there to worry about him.

Good luck Magoo.

catlover4ever
06-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Anything for MAgoo....prayers are being sent immediately!!!! Please let us know how you make out. --- Meg

slick
06-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pb8946432a0b74bec9eacc9d6734a4776/f844e0d0.jpg
OMG All I want to do is kiss that sweet facie!!!!

Prayers on the way for sweet Magoo!! I think you are doing the right thing. You never can be too careful especially after the infection.

sirrahbed
06-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes Lisa, I do see what you mean. It seems odd that it could be fluid filled and not bothering him - but better safe than sorry! I am praying for Magoo - waiting to hear the news. Hope it is good news:) What a good Meowmie you are!!

Killearn Kitties
06-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Oh, I hope it's nothing bad! All fingers and paws crossed.
Love the kisses to Mr Magoo.

nibblets
06-18-2004, 12:12 PM
I will absolutely say my prayers for Magoo...Good luck little buddy!

QueenScoopalot
06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
I sure hope it's not an infection, but I can also see swelling on one side. I have a few one eyed kitties here, and have never had any problems occur from enucliation. Hope it's nothing more than a bruise from Magoo bumping into something. Poor dear boy. :(

Randi
06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh I hope it's nothing serious! Magoo has been though so much and has finally got a good life and lots of care. :)

We'll all be sending positive vibes and keep our fingers and paws crossed for him!

Kisses and purrs to him. :)

kuhio98
06-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Prayers for Mr. Magoo Goo are being said above the Arctic Circle. Please keep us updated on the findings. I sure hope it's nothing that requires more treatment. This guy has been through enough!

Grace
06-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Many prayers and good thoughts headed your way. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's just you and not him.

lbaker
06-18-2004, 12:58 PM
:( :( :( Please let us know ASAP. Poor baby.

Kirsten
06-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Poor Mr. Magoo, I hope there's nothing serious with your eye! You've been through too much!!!

Get well soon!!! Many positive thoughts are on their way to you... :)

Kirsten

AbbyMom
06-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Prayers on the way. Good luck, Mr. Magoo!

Cataholic
06-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Prayers for Mr. Magoo!

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks everybody! I really don't want this little guy to have to suffer any more. He's had plenty already.
I will post as soon as we get back this evening. I promise!

aki
06-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Sending up prayers for Magoo. ;)

jenluckenbach
06-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Prayers for Mr. Magoo

catnapper
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Prayers for Mr. Magoo. He's been through so much. I hope he's going to be ok.

trayi52
06-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way for Magoo!

I hope it is nothing serious, you are such a good mom to Magoo.

Willie:)

tatsxxx11
06-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Sending you all my love and prayers, sweet Magoo!!! Oh, as Slick said, I just want to reach through the screen and cover that beautiful face with soft kisses. All fingers and paws crossed for an encouraging report this evening. {{{HUGS}}}

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Keeping our precious Mr Magoo in my prayers!!

Craftlady
06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Will keep good thoughts here ;)

kimlovescats
06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Lisa, I really can't seen anything unsual .... the fur on that seems a bit lighter colored, but I can't really see anything obvious. Of course, take in to consideration that I am blind ... and the script on my new glasses is all out of whack!:rolleyes:

Since he doesn't seem sick or in pain .... thinking he would be running a fever ... then maybe it is just some scar tissue build up?

Good luck and prayers for Magoo!

(((HUGS)))

K & L
06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Hope all is well!

jazzcat
06-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Prayers on the way!!!

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok, guys now I don't know if I should worry. When I got home I called the shelter and the vet had just left! She had been there since about 7:00 this morning and I don't blame her for wanting to go. Her son had a ballgame and she had to go before I could get there.
I could take Magoo to our regular vet but he won't know his history and I'm afraid he might be quick to want to be invasive. Magoo seems fine and doesn't seem to be affected by this at all. If I wait for the shelter vet it could be as late as next Thursday before she comes back in. She may be in sooner but her regular nights are Thursday and Friday. Some nights she does come in and do checks on some of the sicker cats.
Do you all think it would be ok to wait UNLESS anything changes?If this gets bigger or if he starts acting sick I would of course take him immediately to our vet.
Maybe it is scar tissue or a bruise where he might have bumped into something.
I dont know what to do! What do you all think?

Craftlady
06-18-2004, 05:44 PM
I would sit tight and watch the area and Magoo for any changes. Does the shelter vet have a regular practice? If so maybe you could take him to her at her office instead of waiting until next Thursday or Friday?

NKBurlington
06-18-2004, 05:52 PM
I am literally tearing up reading about Mr. Magoo. I hope he is OK. He's come so far and he's such a handsome cat.

My prayers are with you and with Magoo!

QueenScoopalot
06-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Do you have any amoxi tabs or other antibiotics on hand? If you can't see the vet until Monday it wouldn't hurt to try getting some antibiotics in him for a few days just in case... Is it His right eye that's swollen? In the pictures it looks that way. Is the area hot to the touch, or are you too leery about getting near his choppers still??

thelmalu99
06-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way.
I'm praying that it's nothing serious.
Such a beautiful kitty!

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Do you have any amoxi tabs or other antibiotics on hand? If you can't see the vet until Monday it wouldn't hurt to try getting some antibiotics in him for a few days just in case... Is it His right eye that's swollen? In the pictures it looks that way. Is the area hot to the touch, or are you too leery about getting near his choppers still??

Magoo doesn't act like it hurts at all. I can touch it or push around it and he doesn't seem to care. It's obvious there is no pain and he sure is eating like a pig! He seems fine, healthy, and happy.

I don't have any antibiotics around here so I can't start him on any. I really think he is not feeling bad at all.

btw-Looking at the pictures it's on the left side. It looks like a knot. I know his hair is a lighter color but there is a small knot there.

Steffi N
06-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I hope that everything is okay with Mr. Magoo. Perhaps you could speak to the shelter vet over the phone at her regular office and see what she thinks. Thank you for caring so much about this dear boy.

kimlovescats
06-18-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm sure you can feel what I can't see with my terrible vision, Lisa... lol .... I certainly believe you that there IS something there! I am praying that it is just some scar tissue. I would just keep feeling it for warmth and sensitivity to touch.... and of course, the obvious signs of illness from Magoo. Hoping and praying that none of these things will occur, and that all is well!!!
Please know we love Mr. Magoo and you, and are praying for him!!! ((((HUGS))))) and gentle pets for Magoo!!!! ;)

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Thank you all and Magoo and I love you guys too!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I will keep a close eye on it and will make sure to check for tenderness. He reacts normally when I touch it. No big deal! I will keep everyone posted and take him to the vet (shelter or regular) if there are any changes. I hope it is just scar tissue!

RedHedd
06-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Mr. Magoo! I've been thinking of you all day long! I think you're doing the right thing, Lisa, to just keep an eye on it, and wait until his regular vet can see him. It sounds like it's not bothering him at all; remember how good they are at hiding pain, although I think you know that with your crew. Do keep us posted and squeeze one of his big fat paws for me :)

moosmom
06-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Since Magoo is eating, using the litterbox and drinking, I'd sit tight till his regular vet is available. Especially if he doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Is there any kind of "goo" coming out of the eye?? You might want to try putting a warm compress on it. Just a suggestion.

Come Magoo, we love you and your mama and are praying you're okay. Your Meowmie has had enough trauma to last a lifetime. Cut her some slack (j/k).

Keep us posted.

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2004, 12:37 AM
I sure hope it's nothing serious. I'd also just wait for his regular vet since he's acting normal. Prayers and postive thoughts are being sent your way.

sasvermont
06-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Any news?

catmandu
06-19-2004, 08:39 AM
We are all praying for our Pal Scrappy Magoo , and hope that that Poor Cat ,does not ahve to go through any more pain! He has endured so much , already , Please Lord , let The Big Fellow,, be all right!

lizzielou742
06-19-2004, 11:59 AM
I can't believe I missed this post!!! Poor Mr. Magoo! Such a rough time he's had!! Please update us on what you decide to do or if there are any changes.

((((HUGS))) to you and the Magooster!!

lynnestankard
06-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Poor Magoo - I'm hoping and praying it's nothing serious - maybe he just fancied more lovies and kissies from Meowmie?
Fingers crossed and {{{Hugs}}} to you both xxx

Lynne

ChrisH
06-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Poor Mr Magoo. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Miss Meow
06-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Keeping all fingers and paws crossed here. I'd be devastated if there was something seriously wrong with him :(

{{{hugs}}}

lizzielou742
06-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Update?

slick
06-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, any news?

rg_girlca
06-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I know it's never too late for prayers, so I am adding mine also that there is nothing seriously wrong with Mr. Magoo's eye.
(((((HUGS))))) to you and Mr. Magoo.

Miss Meow
06-21-2004, 05:24 PM
~bump~

Any news on Magoo???