PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Winston

JRM
06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Thank you all for your kind words about Winston. I happen to think he's pretty gorgeous myself!;) I'm at work right now, but I have a couple more pictures here in the office I can show you. The first is Winston in one of his favorite spots under a tree in the front yard. In response to the ragdoll question, no one can be sure. I was very lucky one day and stopped by my local Humane Society and someone had just dropped him off the day before. My Tina had died last August at the age of 18yrs and I was haunting the shelters for someone new to love. I looked down at the bottom cage and saw those huge paws makin' biscuits on the cage door. I took him out to hold him and found I had more cat than lap! I thought about it overnight, and when I called the next day someone already had paperwork in for him. I put in an application anyway, not thinking I had a chance. Amazingly, I got a phone call a few days later saying she'd never shown back up and he was mine! :D That was October, and now he has a little brother. We think Winston is a Ragdoll/Himilayan mix, based on his body type and coloring.

JRM
06-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Here's another picture that shows his pretty blue eyes and enormous head. I can honestly say that in my 30 years of cat ownership I've never had a cat with a head this big! This is also in our yard, he likes to wander around on his leash.

RedHedd
06-18-2004, 11:01 AM
WOW! :eek: Winston is GORGEOUS! Looks like a cross between a Maine Coon and a Ragdoll/Himalayan - at least that would explain the big head size, not to be confused with being big-headed, I'm sure! :p

JRM
06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Okay, this one is Winston's little brother. His name is Wallace and he's pure blue mitted ragdoll. I just brought him home on May 1st. He's four months old now and growing incredibly fast. He's at least tripled in size since I brought him home. He's 5lbs now, a little less in this picture as it's a couple weeks old. So far they get along very well. Winston just jumps up in the window in my bedroom when he needs to escape. It's too high for Wallace to jump.:) Anyway, this picture was taken on my patio with my sister holding him.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by JRM
We think Winston is a Ragdoll/Himilayan mix, based on his body type and coloring.

Funny you should mention the Himilayan part. I was going to ask if he was Ragdoll or Himilayan, but never typed out the Himilayan part. I do believe that Ragdolls and Himilayans have similar backgrounds. But either way, it doesn't matter because he is beautiful!

Wallace is a little cutie pie too. :D

And by the way, welcome to PT! :D

JRM
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
WOW! :eek: Winston is GORGEOUS! Looks like a cross between a Maine Coon and a Ragdoll/Himalayan - at least that would explain the big head size, not to be confused with being big-headed, I'm sure! :p

Oh, make no mistake. Big-headed certainly fits. He knows EXACTLY how handsome he is. :D He does this stretch/lay down thing on the kitchen floor, but only after he makes sure someone is noticing how good he looks doing it!

CatMama78
06-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Those cats are absolutely beautiful. It was definitely fate for you to adopt Winston as you seem to love him very much. Winston and Wallace - the extra handsome guys.

JRM
06-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I do believe that Ragdolls and Himilayans have similar backgrounds. But either way, it doesn't matter because he is beautiful!

And by the way, welcome to PT! :D
Thank you for the welcome! You're right, it doesn't matter what his lineage might be. I've never been a cat snob! :) I just feel so gratefull to whatever idiot actually let him out of their sight. He has virtually no bad habits. I couldn't imagine giving him up! :eek:

catlover4ever
06-18-2004, 11:59 AM
First...welcome to Pet Talk. Second both Winston and Wallace are beautiful!!!! There is no doubt in my mind that he has some Himmy/Ragdoll mix in him.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Welcome to Pet talk!! Your cats are gorgeous! They look so cuddley!!

catcrazylady
06-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Welcome to PT!!! It will be a pleasure to have Winston and Wallace as PT kitties! They are both gorgeous! Winston is just a stunning cat. I bet he is a pure joy to snuggle with. Very handsome boys you have there and I hope we get to see lots more pictures of them.
I agree with you that somebody was an idiot to give him up but I thank you for adopting a homeless shelter kitty. It sure looks like you got a gem with that one!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
06-19-2004, 08:41 AM
WAlly , and winston , are Great Looking Cats. Your WS are right up therewith the ES , of Chicago!

JRM
06-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
They are both gorgeous! Winston is just a stunning cat. I bet he is a pure joy to snuggle with.:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Thank you for your kind words. Everyone has been so welcoming! Much as I would love to, Winston is definitly not a snuggler. He's very loving on his own terms and loves to be scritched, but will not sit on laps and doesn't like to be held for more than a few minutes. He'd preferr to be near his people, rather than on them!:D He will sleep with me occasionally, especially if it's cold and I turn the space heater on in the bedroom. He loves to be toasty. In fact, I think I have a picture of it.....

Here we go!

ChrisH
06-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh, my! Winston and Wallace are absolutely gorgeous! :)

Welcome to Pet Talk! :D

Chris

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome to PT!!!:D Both Winston and Wallace are gorgeous.:)