PDA

View Full Version : Odin has a breakthrough!

nsweezie
06-18-2004, 05:06 AM
My cat, Odin, came to us about 4 moths ago from the animal shelter. He is a beautiful marmalade orange, and is about 3. His originally owners didn't want him anymore because they felt he was too needy and desperate for attention ( the very traits I like best about him!).
He has settled in well to our household. The other cats like him, and he is quite a cuddler. The one thing he wouldn't do though, is sleep on my bed.
I'm not sure if this is because his previous owners trained him not to jump on the bed or if he just has no idea what a bed is for. My other cats, Clyde and Freya have always slept in bed with me, and I just love it!
Last night, for the first time, Odin followed me into the bedroom. And then he jumped up and cuddled for most of the night. I have never heard a cat purr so loud! I really hope that he is now feeling at home, and that he realizes that we love him because he is so sweet and affectionate, and that not all humans are like his previous owners.

jenluckenbach
06-18-2004, 05:55 AM
How sweet :D:D:D

catmandu
06-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Odin , must have a Fabulous New Furr Ever Home , for him , to adjust , that Quickly, and we thank you , for taking an older Cat!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Awww....I'm so glad he is finally starting to feel at home and to really trust you. I can just see the smile on his face as he snuggled all night long. :D

lynnestankard
06-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Well done Odin - you're settling in at last - great news :) :)

I get the feeling he's on the bed for good:D :D

Lynne

nsweezie
06-18-2004, 12:05 PM
lynnestankard- Lets hope he is on the bed for good!
Odin is such a sweetheart, and we love having him so much. Half of the cats I've had have been older cats. I think they are the best pets too, and I am going to get another shelter cat once we are settled after our move to England. Of course Clyde, Freya and Odin are coming to England with me!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Sounds like great progress:D

catcrazylady
06-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Odin sounds like such a sweety! I'm glad he has learned that it is ok to get in the bed and snuggle. I bet you have a permanent nightly snuggle buddy now!! Great news and I'm so glad he is working out so well in your home and with the other kitties.:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Aww, I'm so pleased to hear about Odin. He is a gorgeous cat. You must have been very happy last night. :D