PDA

View Full Version : Crazy New Law Hindering Feral Work!!!

kimlovescats
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Urgent Alert!

The city of Waukegan, Illinois has begun legally obstructing feral cat caregivers. On Monday, June 7, 2004 the City Council passed an ordinance that requires caregivers to buy a $100 annual license and keep the feral cats they trap and spay/neuter in an enclosure. Caregivers are considered owners and may also have to apply to the zoning board for a kennel license.

This ordinance went into effect immediately after it was voted on and will result in the killing of more cats while doing nothing to reduce the cat overpopulation problem. Feral cat caregivers are not the problem, they are a major part of the solution! The time and personal resources caregivers spend in humanely and effectively reducing feral cat populations through spay/neuter and adoption of kittens should be supported, not condemned.

Please CALL and WRITE Waukegan’s city aldermen and mayor. Ask them to rescind this ill-conceived ordinance. Click here for their contact information.

For more information on how to get involved locally contact:

Rebecca Adler
Spay and Stay
[email protected]
www.spayandstay.org

:( :mad:

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 08:01 AM
That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! What kind of idiots are these people??!! Can't they see that by stopping TNR that it will only cause the problem to multiply? I guess it's better to KILL thousands more than to support and thank the people who are trying put a stop to it!:mad: :mad: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif

catmandu
06-18-2004, 09:11 AM
That law , would put me in Jepody , as I feed several Stray Cats , andlet them sleep , on my porch! And it will cause these Cats , to have to turn , to hunting , in order to survive!Which will decimate the Birds , and Rodents! Why are elected People , So Callous and Stupid!