PDA

View Full Version : an update on Honey

cali
06-17-2004, 08:05 PM
well while she was at the vet her real home was found, her owners live 30KM EAST of Regina and she was found 30KM NORTH of Regina. they have been worried sick looking for her as she is 90% blind and has been missing for a week. I guess what happend is with all the rain and barley any sight Honey became disorinated. her real name is Sheba, and her owners had called the shelter twice, so its beyond us why we were not told this when we called the shelter to ask if anyone reported a missing sibe. :rolleyes: anyway she is at the vets and getting surgery to repair all her open wounds as well as x-rays of her leg and blood work etc...

Glacier
06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm glad she has a home to go back to. She was just doing what huskies do--even blind ones--they were bred to run. She's a lucky girl that nothing worse happened to her though. Thank goodness you found her when you did!

dukedogsmom
06-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad that she's going to be alright. I can't believe that she's almost totally blind and made it that far without being hurt worse. And, glad the owners were looking for her and that she wasn't abandoned.

heinz57_79
06-17-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm so glad her family was found. I know I would have been worried sick if one of my babies were missing. Blessed be for finding her, taking her in and taking care of her. :)

Dot
06-17-2004, 09:41 PM
I hope her owners get her a collar she can't lose; one that has their phone number on it. Next time, she may not be so lucky!

:-D

apcrs5122
06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm glad that she has a home to go back to! It is amazing that she's that blind, and didn't get hurt any worse.

MariaM
06-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh thats great news! She sure is lucky!

P.S. where do you live? We live 2 and a half hours away from Regina.

RobiLee
06-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Thank you for being such a caring person and making sure that pretty girl was taken care of. Job well done!

Robin :)

cali
06-17-2004, 11:23 PM
I live IN Regina lol across from Luther Collage high school

ramanth
06-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Happy to hear her home was found.

tatsxxx11
06-18-2004, 09:21 AM
What an amazing ending! I can't imagine how she escaped even worse injury, being almost totally blind:( I can only imagine the great joy the family is feeling, knowing their Sheba was found and so well cared for. What very special people you are, rescuing her and helping to reunite her with her family:) Paws crossed that all goes well with the surgery. What a happy homecoming awaits her! Please keep us updated!

I used to work at a boading kennel/training center. One summer, a boarded Husky managed to lift the latch on her kennel then scale 3 consecutive areas of 6' high fencing! The family was vacationing from Ohio and were heartbroken at her being missing. All of Cape Cod was on the alert for a wayward Husky. She was found almost a week later, almost 50 miles from the kennel! Her paws were torn and bleeding and she had lost some weight, but otherwise was safe and sound:) My Cody has the urge to "run" too...a real escape artist!