PDA

View Full Version : equal rights???

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Glastonbury gets women's loos

Female revellers at this year's Glastonbury Festival are to get their own toilets for the first time.

The Mirror says the pink coloured loos on either side of the pyramid stage mean women will not have to put up with unisex loos any more.

Security guards will patrol them to make sure no men sneak in.

The move comes as another festival, T in the Park, claims its toilets this year will feature the world's longest urinal.

The Daily Record says the urinal, at the festival in Kinross, will be 676 feet long - roughly the length of two football pitches.

-------------------------------------------

Yeah,

And the next thing women will want is the right to vote, drive cars, become priests, earn equal wages
and play professional sports.....
;)

lynnestankard
06-17-2004, 01:45 PM
About friggin' time too . (!!). . . . . no I don't go - - - but my daughter Elizabeth and her friends do and all the girls do is complain like mad!

So someone listened eh? Sometimes it pays to complain loudly!!

:D :D

I'm just going to phone her - she's in Barcelona and tell her the good news!! :D

LynPS That's women all over isn't it - push, push push :eek: :eek:

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
About friggin' time too . (!!). . . . . no I don't go - - -

To Glastonbury or the loo???:confused: :eek: ;)

lbaker
06-17-2004, 01:57 PM
:D :D :D :D RICHARD, I was just about to ask that same question :p

lynnestankard
06-18-2004, 11:24 AM
:D :eek: When you get to my age it doesn't take much to make you forget:D :eek:

..............................errrrrrrrr.......... ..................Oh yes - Glastonbury.

I phoned Elizabeth and she sounded so excited - obviously it's going to be peaceful peeing at Glastonbury this year!!:D

Lynne

RICHARD
06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

I phoned Elizabeth and she sounded so excited - obviously it's going to be peaceful peeing at Glastonbury this year!!:D

Thanks for letting me be the bearer of good news..:eek:

And on a MORE serious note!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-06-02-ladies-night_x.htm

DJFyrewolf36
06-18-2004, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have I gotten my point across yet?

Man and I LIKE ladies nights too...its the only way I can aford to go out lol.

Killearn Kitties
06-18-2004, 11:54 AM
They've never had women's toilets at Glastonbury??! You are joking!! I thought there was a legal requirement to provide separate toilets.

You've just reminded me of an experience I have tried very hard to forget for a number of years now. (Don't worry, I'm not going to get too graphic.) We were at Le Mans a few years ago and stayed in one of the camp sites at the circuit. Now you can appreciate that more men than women attend this type of event, and consequently the queues were longer at the "Hommes" than the "Dames". The British men and German men (who seem to be the biggest contingents other than the French) wait in the queue. Do the French men? No. no, NO - I think not - and the state of them! Let's just say I will NEVER, EVER again put myself in the position of sharing a toilet with 10,000 Frenchmen.

And as for a urinal the length of two football pitches ... Ugh, I'm away to lie down now. I need a green, ill-looking emoticon.

RICHARD
06-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Let's just say I will NEVER, EVER again put myself in the position of sharing a toilet with 10,000 Frenchmen.

I can see how "Oui-Oui" could be kinda messy..

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

gini
06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I can see how "Oui-Oui" could be kinda messy..

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D (how many of these am I allowed?)

Richard, you are too much!

lbaker
06-19-2004, 10:39 AM
:D I was in a similar situation as KKitties only in reverse... I'm at a Rock Concert and the line at the ladies room was HUGE yet no line at the mens. My girlfriend & I decided "heck with this" and walked into the mens room. Yelled out "anyone embarrassed can close their eyes!" and both of us walked into a stall and shut the door. Proceeded to do our business but heard the muttered comments from the general area. All of a sudden we hear a voice say "what's going on?" and an answer "there are two girls in that stall!". Then we hear the voice (my friends husband) say "Laurie & Joanne, is that you two? Hurry up girls.. the natives are getting restless" yep... :rolleyes: :o :p

gini
06-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Laurie, I was in the exact same position once - and the situation was getting critical. Long line at the door that said WOMEN........and no line at the MENS.

I decided that I shouldn't believe everything that I read and went into the MENS room - turned out I had the whole place to myself.

Killearn Kitties
06-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Yep, I have to say I used the mens' myself once. Like Gini, I had the whole place to myself. if I had waited in my own queue, I think I would have missed half the concert. The time I was at Le Mans was the only time I have ever seen a huge queue of men.

Richard, I groaned suitably at your joke. :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I used to work as a custodian at an event arena, so being embarased about going into mens rooms wasn't an option. I used to be really embarased though. At one show, I THOUGHT I saw a woman in the mens room, turns out I was looking at a cross dresser :eek:

I just walked out and kept refilling the toilet paper.