PDA

View Full Version : I'd walk a mile for...

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Ride home???

Woman walks 60 miles home

A German woman walked 60 miles home from a motorway service station after thinking her husband had driven off without her.

However, the woman had just failed to spot the family's car in the car park.

Police were alerted by the woman's husband after she failed to return to the car. She was exhausted by the time she arrived home to the central German city of Luedenscheid 15 hours later.

She admitted she'd been angry after thinking her husband had left her at the service station.

-------------------------

That's 2.3 marathons.

24 laps at the Indianapolis speedway

60 one mile foot races.

And quite a few curse words.......:eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
06-17-2004, 01:15 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow.

At least she got some good exercise.. :p

lynnestankard
06-17-2004, 01:35 PM
..............................................one of your smiles!!!! :D :eek: :D

Anyone in the bar yet? Can't see anyone and woman in need of drink here - I'll go and look around.

Lynne

My Peanuts
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
HA HA HA!! I think I would have checked the parking lot a little more carefully before walking 60 miles! :D :p :rolleyes: ;)

davidpizzica
06-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
..............................................one of your smiles!!!! :D :eek: :D

Anyone in the bar yet? Can't see anyone and woman in need of drink here - I'll go and look around.

Lynne Lynne, david p is thirsty too! Can you scare up a bartender??

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
HA HA HA!! I think I would have checked the parking lot a little more carefully before walking 60 miles! :D :p :rolleyes: ;)

Duh...I would have checked the parking lot carefully before walking just ONE mile....:D

lynnestankard
06-18-2004, 04:22 AM
I'd have got a taxi! :D :D

Davidp - I went in search of our favourite barkeep and heard about Bassett - seemed to put the whole thing out of my mind - sorry.

Lynne

catland
06-18-2004, 11:23 AM
I would have checked in to the nearest hotel and then I would have ordered very nice room service and then I would have left a very nasty message on the home voice mail.

(but I really think I would have remained at the gas station.;) )

G.P.girl
06-18-2004, 05:55 PM
i would take a taxi, then charge hubby's credit card ;) actually, i would just sit there until they came back for me...i'm not that motivated :p

davidpizzica
06-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I'd have got a taxi! :D :D

Davidp - I went in search of our favourite barkeep and heard about Bassett - seemed to put the whole thing out of my mind - sorry.

Lynne Very understandable under the circumstances, R.I.P. Bassett, play hard over the Rainbow Bridge. Look up my RB kittys Thai and Freddie.

dukedogsmom
06-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Man, she must have been pissed!! I would have cooled off long before 60 miles, though. I probably wouldn't have made it nearly that far.