PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life

RobiLee
06-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Tomorrow and Saturday I will be joiningg a HUGE group of cancer survivors and family and just anyone who wants to come celebrate and help support us. They have it every year here and I am looking forward to attending. It starts at 5pm Friday and finishes up at 11 am Saturday. I guess there is plenty of entertainment and people actually hang out all night. It sounds like lots of fun. At dusk there is a special ceremony and all lights are turned out and they light the luminaires for all the survivors and in memory of the deceased. I hear it is a very emotional and touching experience. My mom and Alden have just informed me today that they both have donated money for me and I will have my own luminaire lit up just for me. They are the best! I can not wait to experience this. Being a survivor is really something and remembering those who have lost the battle is heartbreaking. It is a strong and powerful feeling that I can't even describe. During this time there is a silent walk around the track for the survivors. I know that there is quite a few people here who have had to deal with cancer themselves or have been through it with their families and I just wanted to let you all know that when I am taking my walk around the track I will be thinking of all of you and your families and holding you all in my thoughts and in my prayers. This is a terrible, terrible disease that effects so many of us and I wish that someday we will find the cure. Ok, I'm getting choked up. It brings back alot of memories for me. Scary times that I thought I have put aside but I know those feelings will probably always be there with me, they will dim in time though.

This is going to be a happy time though. Tons of people, food and entertainment!~!!! My favorite part...hehehe...is that at 9am Saturday morning there is going to be a PET PARADE!!!!! I can't wait. You know what 2 special girls are going to be with me!!!! I love it! I will make sure to remember my camera so that I can get lots of pics of all the doggies and whatever other pets might be there.

Thanks for letting me share this with you all. As I have said before you all were great when I was not feeling so well and I don't know what I would have done without my family and Pet Talk!!!

{{{HUGS}}}......Robin :)

heinz57_79
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Wow.. Sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do something like that. If I start getting back in shape, I plan on doing the walk here when they have it. :) Be sure you have your camera! We're gonna want lots of pics!

RobiLee
06-17-2004, 12:29 PM
I'll try to get lots of pics! I hope I have time to. I'm just lookin forward to meeting all the people!

Shoot, I meant to put this thread in General. Can anyone tell me how to move it over there!

Robin :rolleyes:

heinz57_79
06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
PM Karen, i'm sure she can move it for ya... but it's ok here too, i think.. :)

Kfamr
06-17-2004, 02:40 PM
That does sound very touching, Robin! Wish I could be there with you. :)

And how sweet of your mom and Alden. :D

RobiLee
06-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
That does sound very touching, Robin! Wish I could be there with you. :)

And how sweet of your mom and Alden. :D

Thanks, Kay!

I wish you could be there also.

Robin :)