PDA

View Full Version : Bassett

Nomilynn
06-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Bassett was rushed to the emergency vet this morning. She was full of fluid. While trying to tap her chest, her heart stopped. She passed at about 8:30am.

I can't say more than that at this time. It's just too much.

wolf_Q
06-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Oh Naomi {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Bassett was loved by so many. I can't believe this has happened. :( :( She is playing happily with all our other lost pets at the Rainbow Bridge now.

kuhio98
06-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I am so, so sorry for your loss.
Bassett, until we meet again....

Steffi N
06-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Oh no, not our dear Bassett. My heart goes out to you Naomi. {{HUGS}}

lbaker
06-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Oh Naomi, I'm so terribly terribly sorry. Cry, grieve, scream than hold your other babies and let them wipe your tears away. Bassett is in no more distress. Your distress will ease in time. Have faith.

robinh
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Was just reading about Basset's problem and found this link.

OMG! I am so sorry! I wish I could think of words to help ease the pain, but I'm blank.

RIP beautiful Basset
:(

RedHedd
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
:( OMG {{{{{{{{NAOMI}}}}}}}}}} I'm SO sorry. Sweet Bassett has been through SO much in the past year. It's a very sad day. Prayers going out your way that the load lightens for you. Sweet Bassett, play hard at the Rainbow Bridge and say hi to my RB Goldie. :(

Cinder & Smoke
06-17-2004, 11:34 AM

So Very Sorry, Naomi. {{{HUGS}}}

Dear Bassett ~

You and your Mom put up a good fight against your illness...
Maybe God thought you deserved a rest at The Bridge...

Rest In Peace, Sweet Bassett ~
Knowing that you were Truly Loved during your too short
visit with us...

Sweet Dreams.

/s/ :( Phred

Logan
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Darling, Bassett, what a fighter you have been, sweetheart. Rest in peace, Bassett, and enjoy the new health that you have been given.

Naomi, I am so very sorry. :( Hang in there, and know that we are with you in "spirit", if not physically.

Much love,
Logan

Mandy-Lee
06-17-2004, 11:38 AM
My heart goes out to you and poor baby girl, Bassett. I can only imagine how much sadness you are feeling at this time.
My Prayers are with you.
God Bless, Bassett.

catlover4ever
06-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh Naomi, I am so sorry. I know no words can ease your pain right now, but please know that you are in my heartfelt prayers. I pray that you are able to heal and may find peace in your heart.

Bassett is looking down on you right now and smiling because she knows how much you loved her and how much you cared for her.

Bassett...play hard with all of our babies over the Rainbow Bridge....until you see your meowmie again.

boscibo
06-17-2004, 11:50 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace, sweet Bassett.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Naomi, I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now. Bassett put up such a strong fight against her illness. She was such a special cat, and she must have been needed at the Bridge.

She is watching over you now. Allow yourself to grieve, and know that I am grieving with you now, just as I prayed with you last year during the surgery, and all through her illness.

She is healed and whole now, and playing at the Rainbow Bridge. She will be a guardian for all the other PT Kitties, and will always be remembered as the ultimate symbol of the power and love of Pet Talk.

(((HUGS)))

kimlovescats
06-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh Naomi, I am crying for you and your precious Bassett! You fought so very hard to save her .... most everyone here at PT struggled emotionally along with you both. This is so very sad, but I know that she was loved in her final year! Naomi, I know your pain must feel completely unbearable right now!!!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) :( :( :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Oh Naomi, I am so so sorry. :(

I don't know what else to say except she is now at peace and is romping happy and healthy at the RB.

I'm in shock. :( :(

catland
06-17-2004, 12:00 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. She was such a trooper and you gave her more time than she might have had otherwise.

sasvermont
06-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Naomi, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you tried to improve her quality of life and you did. It was time for her to go. She is with all her buddies now, probably playing with Grammy Crackers and Gabe by now.

Take it easy Naomi - you will be in our thoughts.

SAS

catcrazylady
06-17-2004, 12:07 PM
You have my heart felt sympathies.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif Such a very sad loss.
We know that Bassett is now at peace but I pray that your pain will be eased. We are all here for you and grieve for the beautiful Bassett.
God Bless you.

neko1
06-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry this has happened:(

RIP sweet Bassett:(

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about Bassett.

Prayers to you and your household.

gini
06-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Naomi, it is with tears in my eyes that I write this.

Oh, how I wish that I could take away your pain. I will offer prayers for you at this time.

Dear sweet valient Bassett - you are going to be missed by all on this board.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-17-2004, 12:25 PM
:( Sweet Bassett what a big empty hole your leaving has put in our hearts, specially your mamee's. You fought hard little one. Now rest and play with all our babies at the Bridge. Tell Leroy, I miss him, please!
Till we all meet where there is no pain or sadness: rest sweet one and take lots of love with you.

CatMama78
06-17-2004, 12:28 PM
I am so, so sorry for your loss :( RIP sweet Bassett. Bassett is looking over you from the RB now and is a guardian angel. You are very much missed, Bassett.

slick
06-17-2004, 12:28 PM
I wish I could come up with the words to ease your pain. I can't imagine how much you must be hurting right now. The tears are flowing as I write this.

You were a good Meowmie and did all you could for her and she knows that. Her heart just couldn't take it anymore. What a fighter she was and I'm so blessed that I got to meet her last year, even if it was for a brief moment. When I think back through all the troubles of last year, I know I would have done the same thing just to have her for another year.

Take comfort in knowing the Bassett's pain and discomfort has ended and she's romping and playing in the sweet grass at the RB. Play happy Bassett! Your picture remains on my wall of fame and I've kissed you good-bye.

Felicia's Mom
06-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Naomi, I am so sorry for you. Please remember that Bassett has no more problems.

rosethecopycat
06-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh sweet Bassett,

The devotion of your Mommy was beyond comprehension.
She loved you so much, and many of us came to love you too.
I'm happy that you had some extra time with her, brave girl.

Abide the time, until you are reunited.

Godspeed to the bridge, sweet Bassett.

You'll never be forgotten.

*tears*

Hugs to you Nomilynn

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2004, 12:42 PM
There is nothing I can say....except that Im sending a hug for you across the miles. RIP Bassett kitty, knowing that you were loved very very much by your meowme and everyone on PT. I regret not getting to know Bassett better.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you. Even though I do not know you as well as some people do on here, I do extend sympathy and prayers and if you need to talk, do PM me or email me ([email protected]).

I am here for you.

Randi
06-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh Naomi, I'm so very sorry you lost sweet Bassett. :( She was such a brave girl, and I'm sure she wants you to be brave now. You did all you could for her - and more! I know your pain must be unbearable right now, but I hope you'll be comforted that she's not suffering now.

Bassett was a really special girl and she'll never be forgotten! :)

Rest in Peace sweet Bassett!

{{{{hugs}}}}

aguu
06-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh..I am so very sad.
I am so, so sorry Naomi. I will always remeber Bassett.
My prayers are with you....

aly
06-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Naomi,

I dont' know what to say. I don't think there is anything to say that will help. I am so so so sorry :( I didn't want to open this thread, I didn't think it could be true. I feel like I've lost one of my own kids and I just can't think clearly or see through my tears.

I guess all I can say is I know how hard it is to suddenly lose a pet. I'll be here for you any time you need anything :( I really hope that you are with friends or family right now. Please try not to be alone because that will hurt more.

Sweet Bassett had been through a lot and overcame a lot of bad health problems with your loving care. If she was with anyone else, she wouldn't have lived as long or as happy of a life. You did wonders for her. I know how much pain and worry her health has caused you, but you really worked miracles.

Bassett will remain in all of our hearts forever and she'll live on through your heart until you see her again at the bridge. Until then, I'm sure she'll be watching over you.

zippy-kat
06-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Naomi - my sincerest condolences to you. I am in complete and utter shock.

Hugs to you my dear friend!

shais_mom
06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Nomi I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a shock for you.
Godspeed to the Bridge sweet Bassett.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Nomi.

popcornbird
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh no. Not Bassett. :(

I had no idea she was sick again, so this news came to me as a total shock. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. RIP sweet Bassett. We will miss you. :(

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

ramanth
06-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh Naomi.... I'm so so sorry. :( :( :( Dearest, sweet Bassett. You were loved and still are. You will be missed so much. RIP sweet girl.

Hugs, licks and headbumpies,
Kimmy, Kia, Zam, and Logan

GoldenRetrLuver
06-17-2004, 01:31 PM
I don't know what to say... :(:(

I'm so sorry, Naomi. I can't imagine how you're feeling. :(

You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Bassett. Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge, sweetie.

{{{HUGS}}}

All Creatures Great And Small
06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
:( :( Anything I could possibly say has been said so eloquently by all the posters before me - I am so sorry for your loss, and I know Bassett was a lucky kitty who was loved by a wonderful mama.

AmberLee
06-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Such very sad news. You must be devastated. {{{hugs}}}

Rest well, sweet Bassett! Frolic joyously at the Bridge, dear soul.

ScantyNebula
06-17-2004, 01:55 PM
:( I am so sorry to hear that this happened. I couldn't believe it when I read it. Poor Bassett has been though so much, and she's been so lucky to have such a good life with loving owners.

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you ... Bassett was special to us all and we'll always remember her.

Tina
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Naomi I am sorry to hear about Bassett:(

((Sending hugs to you))

RIP Sweet Bassett:( :(

lynnestankard
06-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Dear Naomi - Oh sweetheart I'm crying as I type {{{Hugs}}} to you across the many miles - I wish I could give you a cuddle. You must be hurting so much. I can't believe dear Bassett has gone - no more pics of that beautiful furgirl - all you and she went through. The love you gave her helped her through I'm sure.
From the description she didn't suffer at all - God bless her.

There be a very special new start shining in heaven tonight and looking down to make sure her dearly loved Meowmie is coping without her.

Love and hugs across the miles Naomi - I'll be keeping you in my prayers - remember she's at the Bridge with so many dearly loved fur ones. xxx

Lynne

Denyce
06-17-2004, 02:21 PM
OH I am sooo incredibly sorry!!!! This just brings tears to my eyes. RIP Bassett. You were so loved and so lucky in life...you had such a great furmom and she is going to miss you so much. And Naomi was so lucky to have such a special kitty as you are.

Denyce

Prairie Purrs
06-17-2004, 02:28 PM
RIP, Bassett girl. You fought your illness as hard as you could. A lot of people (most especially Naomi) loved you and won't forget you.

catlady1945
06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Poor Bassett was such a brave kitty. Deepest sympathy to you.

PayItForward
06-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Rest in Peace Bassett :(

Play hard on the bridge and let your mum know that you are breathing deeply and waiting for her :(

Kirsten
06-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh no, not Bassett!!!! :( :( :(

Naomi, I'm so very very sorry!!! ((((HUGS))))

You know, Bassett has fought as hard as she could to stay with you as long as possible... I'm sorry she has lost her fight now, but at least she's at peace now. :(

R.I.P. sweet Bassett, you're very much loved and touched many hearts here...

Kirsten

thelmalu99
06-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Naomi,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this is to go through, and please know that I am sending positive thoughts your way. May Basset rest in peace.

Edwina's Secretary
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh darling, darling Bassett, who touched so many people's hearts! Rest in peace sweet girl. No cat ever was more loved or had a mummy who went to greater lengths for her kitty than yours.

Godspeed....

bluekat
06-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh no....I'm so sorry Naomi:( {{{hugs}}}

Poor Bassett, she has been through so much, and we all know that she has fought against her illness for as long as she can:(

RIP sweet Bassett, have fun at the RB and know that we all love you...

moosmom
06-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Oh Naomi,

I am so sorry about Bassett. You two have been through so much. You guys fought a very hard battle. I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain. Just remember, we all loved Bassett and we love you and are here for you.

trayi52
06-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Naomi, I know you and Bassett has been through so much already. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this now.

Bassett, may you rest in peace, and have fun and new health at the bridge.

Willie

zippy-kat
06-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Nomi-

I keep coming back to this thread, thinking I should say more yet each time I'm at a loss. Just please know that I'm here for you 24/7. You have my number...

Tonya

Cookiebaker
06-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh no! Not Bassett! :(

Bassett, you were such a fighter and a trooper...and now it's your time for peace and rest. You are a renewed kitten now, playing hard at the rainbow bridge.

Naomi, I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jazzcat
06-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I am so so sorry. I know Bassett was a very special kitty to everyone. She will be greatly missed.

I wished there was something I could say to help you right now but knowing she is pain free and time is what will help you most.

Hugs to you!!!

tatsxxx11
06-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Dear Naomi, my thoughts and prayers are with you friend. I'm so heartbroken, hearing of the news of the passing of our beloved Bassett:(:(:( Everyone here loved your precious furbaby and we share your deep sadness at her passing. You were such a wonderful mom to Bassett and I hope you take some comfort in knowing that for all her days, she knew how very loved she was. A kitty couldn't hope for a more devoted furmom.

My heart is breaking for you Naomi:(:(:(. Remember, we are here for you, always. Bassett, safe journey to the Rainbow Bridge sweetheart. Wait patiently there for you mommy, until that day you are reunited in love. What a valiant fight you waged, but now your fight is over and you are free from pain and suffering precious one. We love you Bassett. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver.

micki76
06-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Oh Naomi, I'm so sorry for your loss. Godpseed sweet Bassett. You touched so many lives, dear girl. Play and be well and whole and wait for the sound of your Mommy's voice, she'll be calling for you to join her one day.

I just can't stop crying, Nom. :( I can only imagine how much your heart must be hurting. :(

Crikit
06-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Naomi,

I'm so sorry for the loss of Bassett. I'm facing a total lack of words and have no idea what to tell you at a time like this. Just know that you'll be in my thoughts and that I'm here for you if you need me.

Nomilynn
06-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Thank you everyone, for all your kind words. Today has proven to be just so hard for me.

I had made an appointment for Bassett for tomorrow morning. I had noticed some strange behaviour, like sitting funny, hiding, and basically just looking ill. When I got up this morning, she didn't really *look* all that different. I had to run an errand first thing but when I got home, she looked bad. She took three steps toward me and had to stop and open mouth breathe. I decided I would call my vet. I stood to go make the call, when Bassett rolled onto her side and squeaked at me, like she was being pinched. I called my vet and she said Bassett should go to emergency.

All the way there, Bassett panted and squeaked. I begged her not to die in the car and I tried to get there as fast as I could. I rushed in and they took her from me right away (I had called ahead) and I filled out some info and waited for the vet. She came in and told me that they would be trying an xray, or just doing an exploratory tap in her chest. They got an xray alright, but the vet came in after the xray and said "we've run into a little trouble with the tap. Her heart stopped beating. We were able to bring it back, and she technically has a heartbeat right now.." and I just said I wanted to see her. I went into the room and they had her on the table. The technician was listening to her chest, looked at the vet and shook her head. The vet said to me, "Her heart has stopped beating again, so I'll start CPR." I just shook my head and said "No.. let her go. She's had enough." They pulled the tube out and let me have a few moments with her. I coudln't justify bringing her back just to have them have to do the rest of the tap and have her suffer more. It wasn't fair. As much as I miss her, and oh GOD do I miss her, it would have been cruel of me to bring her back when she was already on her way to a place of peace.

I had asked God for clarity. I told Him that the answer had to be clear, because I didn't want to have to worry if my decision would make her suffer. The fact that Bassett passed on her own, while I stroked her head, is enough of an answer for me. It was time for her to go. I asked them if I could clip some of her fur, which I did, and I got her collar. I didn't want to keep her ashes, but they did make an impression of her paw print for me baked in clay, which I will put in a shadowbox frame with her fur, collar and a picture.

If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would do the same thing. I have no regrets. Up until the past 4-5days, Bassett has been a happy, healthy kitty. Even this morning, she hadn't lost her spirit.. she was hissing at Nutmeg and still headbumping me on my feet and my hands. She was Bassett, through and through, right until the end. I'm comforted that she really didn't know how very sick she was.

Thank you all, so much. You are all great comforts.

Naomi

aly
06-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Naomi :( You are so brave. I'm sorry you had to go through that this morning, but I am so glad you were with her. That was how it was supposed to happen.

I'm crying right now, but I have to smile a little through the tears at the thought of Bassett up at the Rainbow Bridge peeing on things and hissing at everyone :) We all knew her strong spirit through you and her cattitude just shines through.

We miss you Bassett.

shais_mom
06-17-2004, 07:03 PM
OH Nomi, the tears are running down my face.
How sad. You did the best you could and no regrets. She went with you at her side and that is what she wanted.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Meow
06-17-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm so, so sorry. :(

I can't stop crying for you and Bassett.

We all fought so hard for her, you more than anyone, but the Bridge needs her more than we do. Rest in peace, dear Bassett.

thelmalu99
06-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Naomi, I just want to say that I know how hard this was for you, as many here do, but little Basset was very brave and so were you. No matter how hard it was, you did the right thing for her by not letting her suffer any longer, and I'm sure that she loves you for it.

Take care, be well. I know you will miss her, but take comfort in your memories of happier times with your sweet kitty.

{{{{Naomi}}}}

lizbud
06-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm so sorry.:( Rest in peace Bassett. You were dearly loved
and will be greatly missed sweet soul.:(

slick
06-17-2004, 07:53 PM
You did the right thing Naomi. She was needed at the RB for some very special task; perhaps that Tortietude was needed to set someone straight.

Good-bye sweet Bassett. I know that you are saving a place for Naomi until you meet again. You are loved very much not only by your Meowmie but also by all of us Pet Talkers who have been with you through all your troubles here on earth. Play happy girl!

RubyMutt
06-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh Naomi, reading your words brought tears to my eyes :( I am at a loss for words, my heart is breaking for you. You were such a wonderful catmom to Basset, she was very lucky to have you. May she rest in peace. Always remember that we're here for you, Naomi (((HUGS)))

Karen
06-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Someday you will be reunited, and until then, the knowledge and patience that you've learned through Bassett's illness will benefit countless kittes everywhere.

Goonight, Bassett. We love you. Like I tell all Rainbow Bridge kitties - go look for Uncle Mac - he loved kitties, and especially girl kitties with attitude!

anna_66
06-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh Naomi,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Bassett:(
As I sit here with tears in my eyes I remeber all that you and her went through in the past year. You did all you could to give her the best life possible but the bridge was calling for her.

I wish there was something I could say to help ease your pain and I know no words I say can. But please know that I've thought of you and her often even if I never posted.

Take care and know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you try and heal this enormous empty spot I know you have in your heart.

R.I.P. Bassett

Vermontcat
06-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Bassett is gone.:(
You did all you could for her.
I know she was loved by so many Pet Talkers who will miss her greatly.
Hugs to you and Nutmeg and Tilly from me.

Uabassoon
06-17-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm so sorry Naomi :( I'm not really sure what to say, other than I'm here for you if you need anything. I know this must be so hard for you right now. Have fun at the rainbow bridge Bassett.

Soledad
06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
You were a great cat mom. You gave everything to that cat. When she needed medical care, you provided, at great sacrifice to yourself. And when she needed you to let go, you put aside your desire to have her with you always and let her go peacefully.

I hope I am as amazing as you have been when the time comes.

Kfamr
06-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh Naomi. :(

I just cannot find the words to say..
For some reason I was drawn to this section of PT today, which normally I do not look.

I'm so very, very sorry. I know words will never heal what pain you have, but I sure hope they make you feel better. We love you, we love Bassett, Bassett loves you. And we all know the great love you have for Bassett.

She's smiling for you right now, and purring at the Rainbow Bridge.

I remember making her a get well soon picture with the pups....

R.I.P. Sweet kitty... we'll miss you, but never, ever forget you.

{{Hugs Naomi}}

jenfer
06-18-2004, 12:29 AM
I am sorry about your loss. :(

Hugs to you.

krazyaboutkatz
06-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear about Bassett's passing.:( I'm also in shock. Just remember that you did all that you could do for her. She was needed up at Rainbow Bridge. Now she's free from pain and playing with my RB Pepper. RIP sweet Bassett. You'll never be forgotten. Please take care Naomi. {{{HUGS}}}

kohala
06-18-2004, 01:07 AM
I understand so well now what I had always avoided in the past - the passing of our beloved furchildren is every bit as painful as the passing of our dearest friends and family members. You have had a difficult day, and right now are full of a big empty and self-doubt. Sweetheart, listen for the ghost purrs, and know it is a good thing that you have allowed to happen.
Who really knows where we come from, or where we go? Death on one plane, birth on another?
Words do help, I found. Thank you so much for yours about my darling Grasshopper. I have had a few days now, yet I can read your words and know all too well what you are feeling.
My heart goes out to you, Naomi, and I am sending the hug I just gave you across the wires and the miles. Keep coming back here, where all these loving, kindred souls will help you grieve her passing, and celebrate her memory.
When I think of so many rainbow kitties, I figure it's a good thing to look forward to at the end of our life.
Love to you and Blessings to the beautiful soul of Bassett,

Ko & Dadcat

lynnestankard
06-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Naomi thanks for managing to tell us how things happened - you were with her, I'm so pleased. As hard as it was for you (I do understand) your lovely furgirl came first.

The tears stream onto the keyboard as I type - it's morning I've re-read the whole thread again and feel totally useless.
All I can add again is - we all miss that very sweet furlady - there's a huge hole in Pet Talk this morning.
Remember Naomi we're all here for you - PM me if you have a need.

Play well at the Bridge Bassett - there are so many new friends waiting to meet you. R.I.P.

Lynne

jenluckenbach
06-18-2004, 05:58 AM
I am SO sorry that you lost Bassett :(:(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

joycenalex
06-18-2004, 06:37 AM
i am so so sorry for your loss. you made her days happy and her nights warm and safe. play hard with fishface bassett, she loved a game of chase and pounce

lovemyshiba
06-18-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm so sorry Naomi.:(

You were such a great mommy to her, never selfish at all. I know how much you loved her, and how much she loved you in return.
I cried when I read your posts, and am sad again just thinking about it--you were so strong and so brave for your sweet girl.

I know she is at the Rainbow Bridge now, looking down on you with a smile, and she is breathing just fine, and completely healthy.

Rest In Peace, dear Bassett, you will be missed.

Cataholic
06-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Naomi,
I cry as I type this, and send you every thoughtful prayer that I have in me. I know you cared for Bassett above all else, and we should all be so lucky to have you as our Meowmie. I think you made the most compassionate decision one can make. You did it for Bassett, and she is up there now, looking down on you with eternal gratefulness. You gave her SO much, Naomi. So much love, so much care, so much care. I know right now none of this soothes the raw hurt inside. Cry. Scream. Pray. She is at RB now, and she is breathing fine, and sending you her love. We are all sending you our love.

Please take extra care of yourself, and your babies.

Love,
Johanna

Maresche
06-18-2004, 08:52 AM
I am very sorry for your loss Noami.

Bassett knew how much you loved her. You showed it to her everyday with how well you cared for her. It was just her time.

She is now waiting at the bridge and you'll see her again.

You and your fur family will be in my thoughts.

Kirsten
06-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Naomi, I'm crying as I'm reading your new post, I know Bassett has meant the world to you, and what an act of love it was to let her go!! You did everything right, and little Bassett knows how much she is loved! With her surgery last year, you have given her plenty of extra time to be with those she loved.

It's wonderful that you're getting a little paw print from her, I have one of my RB Katz, and it means a lot to me.

Here's a big ((((HUG)))) from someone who has experienced the same pain.

Kirsten

Rachel
06-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

I had asked God for clarity. I told Him that the answer had to be clear, because I didn't want to have to worry if my decision would make her suffer. The fact that Bassett passed on her own, while I stroked her head, is enough of an answer for me. It was time for her to go. Naomi

I think you have been blessed in many ways. First by having Bassett, then by being able to keep her with you when things didn't look so good, and in the way she was able to continue her life with you, happy to the end. May you also receive the blessing of peace during your time of grief.

K & L
06-18-2004, 04:35 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

carole
06-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh Naomi, I am devastated for you, I saw the thread Bassett, then saw it was in Cat Memorial and my heart missed a beat, I am so very sorry for your loss, You and Bassett have been through so much together and I know your'e heart must be aching right now, I wish I could ease your pain but I know nothing I can say will.

You have been there through thick and thin with Bassett and gave her extra life she would not have had, she was an angel only lent, Rest in Peace precious furbaby at the Bridge.

LOVE AND HUGS Naomi.

emily_the_spoiled
06-18-2004, 06:31 PM
There was a part of me that wanted to avoid reading this thread. But I knew that I had to just to be able to provide some condolence to you.

I know that you did everything possible for Bassett, including letting her go when the time came.

I can not begin to imagine what you are feeling, but please take care of yourself. In your other thread you talked about how you were feeling. Please remember that everyone here cares about Bassett, but we also care very deeply for you. Bassett is now in peace and healthy at the RB.

Cheryl

NoahsMommy
06-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Nom....

This is tragic. I can't even put how sorry I am into words, I'm so so sorry, honey.

I cannot imagine how you feel...I wish I could come give you a hug.

:( :( :(

I'm so sorry....

Love,
Kelly

smokey the elder
06-19-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm very sorry about Bassett's passing. But, she'll be happy and healthy and full of tortietude at the Bridge.

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2004, 08:11 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear that Bassett has lost her fight. You did so much to help her get well, but I guess it was her time to go. I'll miss beautiful Bassett, miss her lovely furry face and her vet-biting antics.

Rest in peace sweet girl, where there are no vets.

catmandu
06-19-2004, 09:02 AM
RIP Beautiful Bassett!

ChrisH
06-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh, Naomi, I am so so sorry.

Rest in Peace now beautiful feisty Bassett.

Hugs
Chris

manda_moo87
06-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Dear Naomi,

I'm so so so sorry to hear of your loss of sweet Basset...:(

I shed many tears as I read your heart-breaking post. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP-Basset, you are loved by many!

Take care...

-Amanda

rg_girlca
06-21-2004, 12:10 AM
I'm so sorry for posting this late, but I just got my computer back tonight as I had to have it reformatted.

Oh Naomi, what can I say that others haven't already. My heart is truly aching for you right now and the tears are flowing for the loss of your beloved Bassett. She was loved by all.

Rest in Peace dear sweet Bassett and have fun at Rainbow Bridge.

lizzielou742
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
RIP Bassett....Nomilynn I went back and did a search for "Bassett" in Cat forums and read all about the struggles you had with your baby. I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could have possibly done to keep her here with you, but she must have been needed at the RB pretty badly. You will see her again. (((HUGS))) :( :(

Fallon
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I am so sorry for what happened. Such a tragedy. She is probably in a wonderful place somewhere now. *hugs for you*

Why must horrible things happen so often and to the most beautiful and special of pets and people..

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.
With much sympathy,
Andrea

Barbara
06-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Naomi, I am so sorry for your loss. Bassett meant so much to everyone of us. For me she always was a symbol for Pettalk power.

I am glad now that after her surgery she had a happy time and that passing away was easy for her- and that you let her go!

I wish you all the best- you are a strong person and you will survive:)

Nomilynn
06-25-2004, 02:14 AM
I just want to thank you all again. I haven't been posting very much lately, but I've been through so much this month it takes every ounce of my strength to get up in the morning. Right after Bassett died, I learned that a very close friend of mine had been lying to me about something that was very precious to me. I'm not going to go into detail, but it's been a very very hard struggle. I just came back to this thread to re-read all your words of support, and I just have to say thank you all again. So, even though I'm not always posting, I'm always around, and I cherish you all.

Naomi

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Naomi, I'm glad you came back for the support. I've been wondering how you're holding up. It sounds like life is just being very tough for you right now, but there is always a rainbow after the storm, so please hang in there. Life will be good once again - I promise. :)

Randi
06-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Hang in there, Naomi! :) It's tough at the moment, but I'm sure everything will change and be brighter again.

Many hugs to you! :)

delidog
06-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh Naomi,

I just saw this thread...
You & Precious Bassett have been through so much....

Godspeed Sweet Basset...

Play and be Happy at The Rainbow Bridge...

Russian Blue
06-26-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm so sorry Naomi! :( I don't get to PT that much these days but my heart dropped when I read this thread.

I hope you will take care of yourself and spirit and know that many people are thinking about you and sharing your grief. I know that things may seem overwhelming right now, but life does go one, and another turn of events will change your life in a more positive direction.

Have faith, have patience and take care of that special spirit.

(((( Hugs ))))

I Loved You Best
Copyright © Jim Willis 2002,

So this is where we part, My Friend,
and you'll run on, around the bend,
gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,
life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take with you this...I loved you best.

lynnestankard
06-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Dear Naomi - we're here for you - whenever you need us and don't forget our sympathy extends to every part of your life.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers so that you have the strength you sure need right now.

{{{Hugs}}}} sweetheart - your very precious xxx

Lynne

captain
06-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Naomi,

I sit here with tears rolling down my face, and send you all my love and HUGS across the miles.

Bassett - play happily at the RB. You will be so missed .....

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Naomi, I am so sorry I did not see this earlier :( I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Bassett girl. You did so much for her and although her time here was too short, it was happy becuase she was with you.

RIP Dear Bassett

Vio&Juni
07-13-2004, 04:50 PM
I just saw this thread! How sad!

RIP Basset.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
OH NO!!

I just saw the thread! I AM SOO SORRY!!! :(

I am at a loss for words!!

Rest In Peace dear sweet Bassett!:( :(