PDA

View Full Version : Lederhosen for Dogs???

bizdevguy
06-17-2004, 10:15 AM
STRAUBING, Germany (Reuters) - Dogs in the German state of Bavaria can now blend in with the local Alpine scenery wearing the same traditional attire worn by their owners -- lederhosen.

Dogwear designer Hildegard Bergbauer, who also makes Tyrolean mountain hats and rainwear for canines, said the leather outfits were best suited for dachshunds and other small dogs but also looked good on poodles, spaniels and boxers.

"There are lederhosen for the dogs and Dirndls for the bitches," she said on Wednesday.

"The idea has gone down really well; people think it's a lot of fun."

Bergbauer said some items were more practical than others.

"The hats aren't so handy for going on walks," she said. "But the lederhosen are fine once the dog gets used to them."

heinz57_79
06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
My dogs barely tolerate bandanas... there's no WAY they'd let me put leiderhosen on them! LoL

lbaker
06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
When Andrew was first stationed in Germany and he, Souraya and Drake moved there, I really wanted to see ol' Drakester in Liederhosen or at least one of those Tyrolean hats :D (If you haven't met them yet keep an eye out for any posts by Souraya. Drake is wolf/shepard mix and one of the most handsome dogs I've ever met in my life).

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Britches for bitches???:confused::eek: ;)

bizdevguy
06-17-2004, 01:40 PM
next, it'll be Clogs for Dogs!

ramanth
06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
LOL!! As long as it doesn't touch her ears, Kia will wear it. :D