PDA

View Full Version : 59????

RICHARD
06-16-2004, 02:33 PM

I am at a total loss for thinking of a theme that coincides with this number......

I need help today!

the Drink of the Day??

Manhattan
2 oz. rye whiskey
1 oz. sweet vermouth
1 dash Angostura bitters
maraschino cherry
Stir liquid ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with cherry.

I feel a little East Coast today..

------------------------------------

Stupid story of the week..

I am getting off the freeway......At the stop light at the bottom of the ramp I pull up next to a Jeep and see there is NO ONE in the driver's seat........I wait for the driver to sit up because I know some one is looking for something that fell on the floor...

The light turns green and the steering wheel starts to move and the car rolls forward...

I'm thinking this person is a total dope for trying to drive that way!

The Jeep starts to move faster and then I notice that it's being towed by the RV in front of it..

:eek: :confused: :eek:

Am I a moron or what?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2004, 02:56 PM
No drink of the day for me but I would love some of those cherries in a big cherry limeade!!! Oh, and 4 catnip teas on ice. The kids have been good this week!

LOL! I thought maybe you were going to tell us a dog was driving the car! (or maybe Mario)
:D

slick
06-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Richard: I'm not even going to comment on that story :D :D

August 21, 1959 - Hawaii is admitted as the 50th U.S. state.

August 27, 1859 - Edwin Drake drills the first oil well in the United States, near Titusville, Pennsylvania

Where will you bein 2059?

Weather is sunny and hot this week. Going to hit 27 tomorrow which is good because I have to condition myself before I get down there next month.

I'll just take a beer and a burger please. Thanks.

lbaker
06-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Answer to your last question is
WHAT
Theme for 59, hmmmm *keep it clean Laurie* I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Feeling a little East Coast are you?
How does is feeeeel?
With no direction home....
Like a complete unknown....
Like a rolling stone.....

East Coast today? It's hot and sweaty, let's go steady
;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by slick

Where will you bein 2059? I'll be playin with all my kids at the Rainbow Bridge. Don't worry though, we will keep an eye on all of you!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
The Jeep starts to move faster and then I notice that it's being towed by the RV in front of it..
:D :D
I take it this was early in the morning on your way to work....??? ;) :D

I'll take one of MOFF's cherry limeades please. I've got another final tonight for the class from hell, so I better stay sober until after it's over. :rolleyes: But then the good news is we've got what can be considered summer break. The next class doesn't start until after the 4th of July!!! So that's 2 full weeks of no school! Whoooohooo!!! I'm not going to know what to do with myself. Guess I'll have to catch up with posting all the pics of T & P that I've been taking but haven't had a chance to post yet....

It's nice here, not too hot, a little muggy, but we're expecting rain....

Looks like another crazy Thursday has started, so bring on the drinks! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say, <insert whiny tone here> You guuu-uuys! I'm sooo jealous of your So Cal gathering that's coming up quickly! I've seen that Slick has her hotel booked and you're all ready to get things going! I wanna go.....<pout>

davidpizzica
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Richard: I'm not even going to comment on that story :D :D

August 21, 1959 - Hawaii is admitted as the 50th U.S. state.

August 27, 1859 - Edwin Drake drills the first oil well in the United States, near Titusville, Pennsylvania

Where will you bein 2059?

Weather is sunny and hot this week. Going to hit 27 tomorrow which is good because I have to condition myself before I get down there next month.

I'll just take a beer and a burger please. Thanks. Slick, in 2059 I will be 111!

davidpizzica
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM
RICHARD, I can use a good Manhattan right about now!!

slick
06-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by david p
Slick, in 2059 I will be 111!
I'll be 107! I wonder if I'll have teeth???
Debbie, don't worry cause I'll have a slushie or two for you :D

davidpizzica
06-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Debbie, don't worry cause I'll have a slushie or two for you :D Slick, I think those slushies will preserve you!! lol lol lol!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM

And if you do, will you have them whitened? ;) :D

Debbie, don't worry cause I'll have a slushie or two for you :D
Thanks, I'll need them. ;) :D The final takes 3 hours and I'll probably be back much later tonight to wind down after it, so drink up, but save some of those slushies for me! :D

slick
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
And if you do, will you have them whitened? ;) :D
:D :D :D I see you've been reading the Meetings thread.......LOL

I think you, David, and the rest of Pet Talk should just drop everything and head on over to Gini's for the BBQ. I mean, what's more important, life or a Pet Talk meeting??:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 04:32 PM
I mean, what's more important, life or a Pet Talk meeting??:D

Well that's obvious! PT is waaaayyy more important, but unfortunately life keeps getting in the way of all my fun! :p :D

davidpizzica
06-16-2004, 04:50 PM
:D :D :D I see you've been reading the Meetings thread.......LOL

I think you, David, and the rest of Pet Talk should just drop everything and head on over to Gini's for the BBQ. I mean, what's more important, life or a Pet Talk meeting??:D I'm making a beeline for Gini's BBQ! Slick, I'll race you. I'll bet a 111 year old can beat a 107 year old!!!

trayi52
06-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Hello all!!! Hope everyone is okay today!

I want to try the DOTD, sound interesting. I think Mario just wants a beer is all, with some of those pitted cherries. That way he don't spit the seeds in the floor!:D

slick
06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by david p
I'm making a beeline for Gini's BBQ! Slick, I'll race you. I'll bet a 111 year old can beat a 107 year old!!!
Watch it or I'll let the air out of your wheelchair tires :D :D

halliecat
06-16-2004, 05:10 PM
slick and davicp...at least in 2059 i will be younger than you1

Come to think of it I'malready younger than you!

But still over 21:)

slick
06-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by halliecat
slick and davicp...at least in 2059 i will be younger than you1

Come to think of it I'malready younger than you!

But still over 21:)

:D :D :D That's what I always say to my older brother......

And you will still be alive in 2059 :eek:

davidpizzica
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Watch it or I'll let the air out of your wheelchair tires :D :D Then I'll hit you in the rear with my cane!! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!!

Miss Meow
06-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Good morning. A manhattan sounds lovely!

And an aspirin or two. I've cricked my neck and can't move my head. Extremely glamorous ... good thing for rotating office chairs so I don't have to twist :(

halliecat
06-16-2004, 06:03 PM
slick.

Of course I'll be alive in 2059,,,you wil be too!

In the meantime, a T & T sounds good.

zippy-kat
06-16-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll be 79 in '59! :eek:

sirrahved
06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
I'll be 76. I should be playing with my great grand kitties by then!

gini
06-16-2004, 07:20 PM
I would love some WINE on this fifty-nine...............

David, shall we put another shrimp on the BarB...........we would reserve the chaise lounge for your comfort -

Have you looked at the guest list? How could you go wrong?
Many of the Thursdays crowd will be here and there will be nothing "cyber" about the day!!:D

Wine? - changed my mind - I will have a martini with David.

Thanks, Richard

dukedogsmom
06-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh man, I'll be really super old in '59. 95 if I'm still alive by then. I'll be in a nursing home somewhere still using my computer for PT.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Nursing home you say! Bah! We don't need no stinking nursing homes! I'll be a mere 97 - who says 97 year olds need nursing homes?

Slick, I'll take some of those slushies you saved for me now. I took my exam and I think I did pretty good. Not 100% mind you, but that's ok too. Now I'm off for two weeks - yeeee doggy! Anybody wanna buy a slightly used Systems Analysis and Design textbook? Ack - let's just burn the sucker! :p

Slick, when I was 21, my younger brother told me I was "over the hill." Can't wait to raz him next year when he turns 40. <evil grin> The only problem with that is he can in turn raz me about still being older than him. I can't win that argument.....blame it on my mother. ;) :p :D

slick
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Debbie: Way to go!!!! Still aiming to go into IT???

We've just hired someone to assist me. Start date is July 5th. Good-bye 10-hr days.

One red slushie for you!!! DONE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Debbie: Way to go!!!! Still aiming to go into IT???

In a round about way I guess you could say. After this class I've learned that I most certainly DO NOT want to be a systems analyst or designer - give me a break!

Thanks for the slushie - gulp - that one's gone, got another? I'm parched! :D

slick
06-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the slushie - gulp - that one's gone, got another? I'm parched! :D
DONE! Be careful, I'm using Richard's recipe and it calls for a little more than I would put in :eek:

davidpizzica
06-17-2004, 04:16 AM
DONE! Be careful, I'm using Richard's recipe and it calls for a little more than I would put in :eek: I can use a slushie, too. ancient one!

lbaker
06-17-2004, 06:40 AM
Still feeling a little East Coast RICHARD? Let's have a New England clam bake, or head on down to the mid-Atlantic for a Chesapeake Bay crab feast! I'd bring a bushel of crabs to the BBQ but they would have to be live... I can just see me bringing Mario and a bushel of live crabs on the plane :eek: Manhattans are a great idea! Maybe in honor of ThelmaLu's first visit to the bar! She is from NY city you know. COME ON IN THELMA, THE WATER'S FINE! Anybody familiar with the group Manhattan Transfer? I think there's a tune or two on the juke box by them. Let me go over and kick the dern thing and get some music in the joint. '59 eh? If it's a Thursday I'll be at the bar at the Bridge with a lot of you and our kritters. Going to have to enlarge the place :cool:

G.P.girl
06-17-2004, 08:50 AM
59 bottles of beer on the wall!

slick
06-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
59 bottles of beer on the wall!
59 bottles of beer
Take one down pass it around
58 bottles of beer on the wall!

Hi GP. Laurie, I can just see it now you, Mario and a bushel of crabs on the plane.

Excuse me, may I have one beer for each pet? :D

David, Ancient one eh??? Gee, if I'm 107 and you are 111 then doesn't that make me younger than you????:confused: ;) :D

lbaker
06-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Then I'll be older than dirt. Will they still have dirt in 2059 or will everything be paved or in a bubble :confused: ACK Let me fix some bloodies and let's get off this age thing... I'm started to walk humped over just thinking about it ;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Man I'll be 77 in '59...sitting at the old folks home listening to "Baby got Back" on the oldies station...

Ever stop to think that all those obnoxious Rap songs from the 90's are going to become "Clasics"?

I need a beer after that thought...

slick
06-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Could we please stop for a minute and say a prayer for Naomi and Bassett. Bassett has a vet appt for Friday (check out Cat Health section) and Naomi is not doing very well.

Here's to you Naomi and Bassett. May you both be returned to good health soon.

Logan
06-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I think I will pass on the DOTD, right now, given Naomi's news in Cat Memorial. Please keep her in your prayers. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Logan, I don't feel like partying much anymore either. :(

RIP sweet Bassett. :( :(

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Logan, I don't feel like partying much anymore either. :(

RIP sweet Bassett. :( :(

I was saving Thursday's as my last stop before I went to work...

I'm really sorry to hear about Bassett-

------------------------------

All this talk about getting old.....it presses the point home...:(

Instead of a toast we can send some cyber hugs and prayers to Nomi....

DONE!

slick
06-17-2004, 12:40 PM
DONE here too!
I think back to the time I met them at the Animal Critical Care Unit and I was able to give Bassett's some scritches from all the Pet Talk people. She was so happy to see Naomi and she even looked at me straight in the eye even though she'd just had sir jury. I'm so lucky that I had a chance to meet her.

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2004, 12:44 PM

DONE!

From me too....

momoffuzzyfaces
06-17-2004, 12:45 PM

All this talk about getting old.....it presses the point home...:(

DONE! I have a cousin who always says growing old is not for sissies! I can verify that is true!
Loving is not for sissies either. It hurts really bad at times, yet I wouldn't want to do without it.
(((HUGS Naomi)))

davidpizzica
06-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by halliecat
slick.

Of course I'll be alive in 2059,,,you wil be too!

In the meantime, a T & T sounds good. So will I! I'll be older than both of you!

davidpizzica
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
59 bottles of beer
Take one down pass it around
58 bottles of beer on the wall!

Hi GP. Laurie, I can just see it now you, Mario and a bushel of crabs on the plane.

Excuse me, may I have one beer for each pet? :D

David, Ancient one eh??? Gee, if I'm 107 and you are 111 then doesn't that make me younger than you????:confused: ;) :D Sorry, slick, bad arithmetic! But you are only younger than me by 4 years!! lol lol

davidpizzica
06-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Could we please stop for a minute and say a prayer for Naomi and Bassett. Bassett has a vet appt for Friday (check out Cat Health section) and Naomi is not doing very well.

Here's to you Naomi and Bassett. May you both be returned to good health soon. Slick, my prayers also go out to Naomi and Bassett.

trayi52
06-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi to all, again. I have been so busy, it just seems like I am never going to get the stuff around this house fixed! I am so tired, I feel like I am already 111! I think my bones are starting to screek!

I sure would like a couple of nice cold beers, and go ahead and give Mario on, he has been helping me so much. That little tool belt of his come in handy. I just don't know what he done with all the nickels he took from everybody last week!

Why are you all talking about old age?! :eek:

Willie

RICHARD
06-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Hi to all, again. I have been so busy, it just seems like I am never going to get the stuff around this house fixed! I am so tired, I feel like I am already 111! I think my bones are starting to screek!

I sure would like a couple of nice cold beers, and go ahead and give Mario on, he has been helping me so much. That little tool belt of his come in handy. I just don't know what he done with all the nickels he took from everybody last week!

Willie

two beers, ice cold.

DONE!

maybe we could extend Thursday's this weekend..

lbaker
06-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now I bet Mahayana (sp?) will remember that song.... sigh. * Just a little - touch of gray - We will - survive - We will get byyyyIyahhhy. We will survive. (ahh Jerry, I miss you) Go comfort Mommy, Mario...

thelmalu99
06-17-2004, 07:02 PM
I'd like a glass of white wine, so I can raise a toast to sweet little Basset, who went off to the RB today. Naomi, I'm thinking of you and wishing you comfort.

davidpizzica
06-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by thelmalu99
I'd like a glass of white wine, so I can raise a toast to sweet little Basset, who went off to the RB today. Naomi, I'm thinking of you and wishing you comfort. Thelmalu99, I'll also have a glass of white wine and join you in toasting Bassett.

davidpizzica
06-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by trayi52

Willie Oops, Willie I think I started it! I don't think you have a creaking bone in your body!

gini
06-18-2004, 01:23 AM
You know, you guys, I think the loss of Bassett has hit me very hard.

So many of us were involved with her Sir Jury and deep in prayer for her health and recovery.

She was given just a few months longer to be with Naomi.

But her job is done now and she is at rest. Now we need to rally around Naomi and congratulate her for all she did for Bassett at great personal and emotional cost.

What seems to be important is not how old we are............and I refuse to post my age........but how much love we give............

So, I would like to ask for just a moment of silence for Grasshopper and Bassett............surely they are raising hell at the Rainbow Bridge............we can only hope.

slick
06-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by gini
So, I would like to ask for just a moment of silence for Grasshopper and Bassett............surely they are raising hell at the Rainbow Bridge............we can only hope.
Agreed! I think we should close the bar for this week in honour of Grasshopper, Bassett, and all the other PT'ers pets that have made the trip to the RB, and in honour of the humans who have cared for them.

I know that I'm not in the mood to party.

RICHARD
06-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Agreed! I think we should close the bar for this week in honour of Grasshopper, Bassett, and all the other PT'ers pets that have made the trip to the RB, and in honour of the humans who have cared for them.

I know that I'm not in the mood to party.

DONE.:(