PDA

View Full Version : My boy's new belly wrap {pics}

anna_66
06-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Last month I took Angus to the vet because of his "dribbling" problem and the put him on phenypropanolamine. I really thought it was working but Monday he had a major setback. It seemed no matter where he was laying or standing there was a little puddle:(
So I got some material and made him a belly wrap. Of course he had it on all day while he was in the house & nothing:confused:
Who knows...

Anyway I snapped a few pictures. He didn't seem too embarased but I'll let you be the judge of that;)

Oh mom how could you???
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBA82248E_5.jpg
Fine, take pictures. But I'm not showing my face:o
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBA82248E_6.jpg
Nope, I said no face & I mean it!!!
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBA82248E_7.jpg
Ok, fine. Just one face shot and that's it:cool:
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CBA82248E_8.jpg

Bad mommy laughing at my baby boys expense:o

When I first put it on him he was so funny, it's like he all of a sudden forgot how to move and would just stand there like a statue. Poor guy.
I really had to get him going before he felt totally comfortable walking in it.
Maybe the other day was just a bad day and he won't have to wear it all the time. I sure hope so.

heinz57_79
06-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Don't worry, Angus! It doesn't look that bad... kind of like a festive cumberbund! :) Maybe you should ask mom to find some really festive (and inexpensive!) material that you can change with the seasons, moods, etc. ;)

dukedogsmom
06-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Poor Angus. Any word from the vet on how to handle it? He didn't look too thrilled in the first pics but in the last one, he looks like his normal, sweet self. Give him a big hug from me. And Duke says "woof"

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Don't worry yet--When Oreo first started PPA it took awhile to figure out the dosage that was right for her. Our vet warned us that different dogs need different doses, and she adjusted Oreo's gradually until it was right. I hope that is what is going on for Angus, too.

He's sure a cutie!

anna_66
06-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Val, she told me that if the pills don't seem to work after he's taken them all we could get injections but then I would have to be running to the vets (I think she said every week or every two weeks-not sure which though). So I have a couple more weeks of the pills so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I think if he has to wear the belly wrap he will be fine with it.
And if he does I've already decided I will try to get him some festive material:D

Cinder & Smoke
06-16-2004, 03:00 PM
;)
Purdy *spiffie* lookin, Angus!

Tell Mom ya want a Pokit Watch - wiffa lil GOLD Chain -
to wear wiff yur *outfit*! :p

K9soul
06-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Poor old guy. The first few he really does look like he's trying to avoid the camera. I'm sure he'll be used to it in no time and won't even notice it :) Give the sweetie a kiss from me :)

My Peanuts
06-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Don't worry Angus, your belly wrap makes you look even cuter, if that was possible.

Anna, what causes the dribbling? Is there something wrong with Angus, or is it just an age thing? How old is Angus? Maybe I missed a thread here and there :rolleyes:

ChrisH
06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Angus, you are such a good boy, and look pretty good in your cummerbund too! :)

Anna, that is such a good idea! Clever girl. :D

lv4dogs
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM
That is a really neat idea, you could probably sell them. Just state the depends pads are sold seperate LOL
Is that what you use? Like a pad in it?

Cincy'sMom
06-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Val, she told me that if the pills don't seem to work after he's taken them all we could get injections but then I would have to be running to the vets (I think she said every week or every two weeks-not sure which though). So I have a couple more weeks of the pills so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I hope it doesn't come to injections, but if it does, are they something you could do yourself? I give Cincy an allergy shot once a week, and it really is no big deal. Course ithelps that she sits very still while I do it :)

DogLover9501
06-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Aww Angus you are so sweet!

I hope his dribble problem gets fixed soon, or gets under control!

That is cute, festive material lol I could picture him with Christmas, Halloween..etc belly bands hehe

Give him lots of hugs and kisses from us!

anna_66
06-16-2004, 07:43 PM
I hope it doesn't come to injections, but if it does, are they something you could do yourself?
I'm not sure, I'll have to ask.

Is that what you use? Like a pad in it?
Yes, I just put 1/2 a mini pad in it.

Anna, what causes the dribbling? Is there something wrong with Angus, or is it just an age thing? How old is Angus? Maybe I missed a thread here and there
I think it's just old age. They did testing and they couldn't find any reason. He's going to be 13 in September. And no, you really didn't miss anything;)

Purdy *spiffie* lookin, Angus!

Tell Mom ya want a Pokit Watch - wiffa lil GOLD Chain -
to wear wiff yur *outfit*!
Not a bad idea if he'd learn how to tell time:p

Angus say thanks guys. Now he doesn't feel so bad:)

jenfer
06-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey Angus, you look very fashionable. ;)

Chilli "froze" everytime when my mom put a sweater on her, it's her way to "protest" and show my mom that she hates the outfit.:D

shais_mom
06-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Poor Angus boy!!!
You look so cute!!!

Keep your chin up!!!

Pam
06-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Anna you did a wonderful job creating Angus' belly wrap. I can just see it now, a fluorishing business complete with website called "Belly wraps by Anna!" I bet the orders would come flying in! :D Angus is being such a good boy not trying to take it off. What a cutie! I hope he won't always need it but if he does I know he'll carry it off with great style thanks to his clever mom! ;)

Kfamr
06-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Poor boy!!
It does look nice on you, and just think! no more embarassment!
If anyone makes fun of you for it, tell em it's the new fashion and that thye need to get with it!

That little butt of yours is so cute.:p