If you wash your dog two weeks after putting on flea
preventative (Advantage), does it wash out all protection
against fleas, etc.?

Smokey loves to roll in the grass & he's starting to smell
pretty ripe.:D :D especially when he comes in from the rain. :eek:

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Nope.. Atleast not for us.

My pups get a bath every week and they get Advantage as well (every month)... and it still works fine for us. :)

MariaM
06-15-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

lizbud
06-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys.:) It doesn't really say on the box & I've always
been able to time things better than this. First the bath and
THEN the Advantage.:D :D

Aspen and Misty
06-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Basicly - You want to wait 48 hours before giving a bath or letting the dog get wet. The dog getting wet won't hurt them but if you are going to give them a bath use Non-stripping Shampoo!

Ash :D

veegan
06-15-2004, 09:25 PM
I believe its 2 or 3 days and youre fine. my dad (vet) said once you bathe them twice after having applied the adavntage, no matter how long inbetween, it doesnt work anymore. plus advantage only really works for 3 weeks (even though they tell you its a monthly thing). so, depending on how often you bathe your pets and how bad a prob fleas are for you, you might want to use something like program instead, or better yet, in addition. program & advantage are good to use together since they both kill fleas differently- advantage (topical) kills the adults and program (oral) prevents the eggs/larve from developing. I dont know anything about any other flea treatments, but I think there are other treatments out there that kill both the eggs & adults in one. dont know how effective they are (or arent) though either.