PDA

View Full Version : Another Priceless moment!

RICHARD
06-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Bucket........3.50
Sponge........1.50
Soap..........1.00

A beautiful day to wash your car?
Priceless!

The speeding ticket you get while trying to
dry your car?

300 dollars and sheer stupidity on your part!

-------------------------------------

Driver sped to blow-dry car

A New Zealand man caught speeding says he was driving fast so he could blow-dry his car.

Roger Edward Daniel was caught doing 74mph in a 30mph zone.

Whangarei District Court fined him $300 (about £110) and disqualified him from driving for six months after he pleaded guilty to dangerous driving.

When stopped by police the 37-year-old told officers he had just washed his car and was trying to dry it off, reports the Stuff website.

"I have a bad back and just thought I would do that to dry the car instead of having to chamois it dry," Daniel said in court.

"I was looking at the water on my bonnet as I was picking up speed, but I backed off when I realised how fast I was going."

He said there were no other vehicles or people on the road at the time.

slick
06-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I hear about this on my local news coming in to work this morning.:rolleyes:

If it were a women all she'd have to do is bat her eyes......:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 10:10 AM
74 in a 30? Eh that isnt wreckless or dangerous driving, 125 in a 65, NOW that is wreckless driving! *gets the car dry though lol*

The batting the eyes thing DOES work slick lol. I was going to a friends house after work *at 3 am* and wasn't paying too much attention to speed. I looked down and saw I was going 73, no problemo but I saw the speed limit sign and it said 45...oops. I started to break right as I was passing a Highway patrol officer hidden in a cross street. Of course she pulls me over, of course she gave me a huge ticket...so I go into court. I end up having a $285 ticket reduced to $65 just by being my sweet little female slef to the judge lol. I only had to pay $25 a month to pay it off too ;)
And all I had to do was bat my eyes and go "I sawwie, I'll never do that again"

Lillycat
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
hmmmmmmmm