PDA

View Full Version : telecide????

RICHARD
06-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Man beaten with remote control after watching England

A Malaysian man who sneaked out of bed to watch England's Euro 2004 opener was assaulted by his wife who was armed with the TV remote control.

The man's wife also took the smart card from their pay television service to prevent him from watching future live soccer, says the Malaysian Star.

The 46-year-old salesman, identified only as Yap, claimed his wife forced him to go to bed early because he had to take their two children to school the next day.

He said: "She refused to allow me to watch the game although I promised not oversleep or shun my responsibility of sending the children to school."

When his wife woke up she grabbed the remote control and hit him on his head a few times before taking and hiding the smart card.

"My wife just doesn't understand my passion for football," said Yap.

After the man reported the incident to the public complaints department of the Malaysian Chinese Association, his wife relented and said he could watch soccer.

-------------------------------

What a wuss. Gets hit with one remote control and goes crying to the authorities...

I have a remote for the DVD, VCR, TV, Stereo and CD player.....
I just don't have the WIFE to go with them...

---------------------------------
From the Album 'Remote Contol'

I used to know him
He seemed like a regular guy

TV suicide
TV suicide
What a lovely way to die
It's another case of telecide

TV suicide
TV suicide
What a lovely way to die
It's a television suicide

-the tubes

Miss Meow
06-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I can empathise with his wife. My in-laws came a few weeks ago and all they did was watch bl@@dy football. If I had flown the length of the entire country, I'd have at least bothered to interact with my hosts or heck, even leave the house ... can you tell I'm still bitter and twisted ;)

I wouldn't be hitting him over the head with the remote control. I'd be shoving it down his throat :)

RICHARD
06-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
bl@@dy football

Blaady football???

What the heck is that??;)

leslie flenner
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Couldn't she have just thrown out all the batteries to all the remotes! At least then when she hit him on the head it wouldn't have been so heavy...

gini
06-16-2004, 12:40 AM
There is a great internet cartoon about what a woman did with the remote..........but I don't think it is appropriate to post - even in the Dog House.

You know Nicole, I think what I would have done is just shove some chips and dip at them occasionally and gone about my own way.

And Richard, now we know why you don't have a wife! You won't share:D :D

I have those same remotes (and being divorced) they are MINE ALL MINE...........and even though I had to write down the instructions I can now whip around those babies and turn everything on!

But I had to have a 'GUY' show me how to use them. Guess that doesn't count as success.

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Kind of funny...in my case its my husband yapping at ME to quit watching sports so he can go watch his sci fi chanel :rolleyes: He wont hit me with the remote though, the satalite company will charge extra if the thing breaks lol. Besides he knows I'd just grab the second room remote and fight back! >:-) <--- *devil face*